COMPLETE~Disney Hollywood Studios Swap

I figure I should ask this question. When I'm cutting out 2 inch letters, do I set my cricut to real size or just go with the 2 inch size? :confused3
I'm working on my letters for Sulley; my S will be capitalized, but the e I wanted to do lowercase, or do they all need to be capital letters? Now I'm confusing myself more....HELP!

I figure I should ask this question. When I'm cutting out 2 inch letters, do I set my cricut to real size or just go with the 2 inch size? :confused3
I'm working on my letters for Sulley; my S will be capitalized, but the e I wanted to do lowercase, or do they all need to be capital letters? Now I'm confusing myself more....HELP!

All the letters need to be a 2 inch size regardless of if it is a capital or a lowercase. I *think* if you just use the cricut dial and set it at 2 inches that your capital letter S would be fine. That's how I've always done it. Some cartridges like Printing Press will mix up the sizes on you to make the title look interesting though. So just see what your cartridge does and check it with a ruler. Adding the shadow behind it might slightly bump it over 2 inches but that is completely okay and expected.

As far as the e letter...I'm not sure if it is suppossed to be all capitals or if lowercase is alright too. I personally don't mind the mix and match look but I would pm the swap hostess or wait till she answers on here to be sure how she wants it done. If lowercase is okay... then I *think* you need to use the real dial button and set the size to 2 inches to make the lowercase e the same 2 inch height as your other letters. I don't think I've ever used that button on my cricut before so just cut one and see if I was correct so that you don't waste a bunch of paper. Hope that helps...

A lowercase e will not come put near 2 inches without putting on the real dial- then you cannot use the shadow- or it won't fit- you can take some scrap paper and try sizes to find out what size to cut to get it about 2 inches- I know for the 4 inch ones for princess I had to cut at 6 inches to get the 4 inch P.

Rebecca

So sorry for not answering sooner, I was away at a crop for the weekend.

2 inches is a suggestion. "About 2 inches" is more accurate. Lowercase is fine, as long as it doesn't look silly next to an uppercase 2 inch letter.

If you are unsure, please feel free to post a picture of a prototype and we'll help you along!

Back from the beach and working on ideas for this swap!! Going to work on super sports this week-I only have 3 groups for that one-then I'll be free to start on this one. I have been shopping (got some of that cute star paper from Joann's ;)), and sketched a couple of ideas.

Question: For group W-Toy Story-this was the one where we're doing toy block letters right? Everyone is doing them right? If so, what cartridge (or font) are you using for the blocks?

I'll look around for a file for the blocks and get back to you.

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

I thought it was just W- I have plans for my letters that wouldn't be blocks.

Rebecca

I AM in W, so I need to know what to make. Before I start to thinking outside the "box". :rotfl2:

Oh goodness i started the whole box thing. It was just a thought. We don't have to. Makes no difference to me. I'm so sorry. :guilty:

:flower3: It was a good thought. I just need more direction. I like to follow instructions. :thumbsup2 Give me a LEGO toy to put together over a puzzle any day.

I finished up my last group tonight, so here are pictures of the 2 I have not posted yet:

Toy Story Group

Cars Group:
179.jpg

Not sure when I will get these mailed out,but I will post when they go postal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter