Compliments of the Resorts Forum - Designated Smoking areas at DVC Resorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we non-smokers will have to use the side entrances in order to avoid the smokers at the front entrance? That's not acceptable to me. I sure hope you are right and it won't be an issue. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

I just don't think having a smoking area where you have to go up that walk way to check in is a good idea. It just doesn't give guests a good first impression. I just think it looks bad.

I would suspect you will get most smokers smoking when they walk from thier building to a bus stop or..... I do not know if this is or is not part of the policy I would imagine it to be acceptable so long as they use ashtrays and would furher have less people in front of a building or?? lessening the amount of smoke in that area and giving a non smoker a better chance of enetering or exiting or walking a different path however early mornings and late nights will be a different scene. I think overall this may not be ideal for evreyone but it certianly is a fair balance and smokers and non smokers will have to find a path or area to fit his or her needs even if it means going out of your way or waiting a few minutes for the air to clear to me this is better than walking into a smokey room and I am certianly willing to adjust my ways weather I choose to avoid or be around smokers as either is doable with slight inconveniences.

Can someone help me out? DH smokes. I have a standard 2brm @ BWV. Looking at the new maps I can not figure out what area to request. The same for BWI garden view rooms. Should I request patio for both? TIA

I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out where "at the front of each OKW guest building" would be. Most buildings have multiple entrances/stairs. Would it be at each stairway entrance???? Since that would basically be outside each ground floor room, I don't get it. I can see how that works for SSR, but I don't get how it works at OKW.

I just don't think having a smoking area where you have to go up that walk way to check in is a good idea. It just doesn't give guests a good first impression. I just think it looks bad.

::yes:: The smoking areas should be out of the main areas, entrances, and pathways.

This is actually pretty funny. :rotfl2:

A few weeks ago there were many threads with smokers complaining and non-smokers rejoicing. It actually got so ugly that they had to close off off all smoking related threads. :confused3

Now that it is clear where the smoking areas are, the non-smokers are complaining and the smokers are not. :dance3:

Be careful what you ask for........ Stay tuned. :coffee:

This is actually pretty funny. :rotfl2:

A few weeks ago there were many threads with smokers complaining and non-smokers rejoicing. It actually got so ugly that they had to close off off all smoking related threads. :confused3

Now that it is clear where the smoking areas are, the non-smokers are complaining and the smokers are not. :dance3:

Be careful what you ask for........ Stay tuned. :coffee:

You just hit it on the nose !!:thumbsup2 Nothing will EVER be good enough..:sad2: I am just glad that the area's are now defined so that those in my family (including me) can enjoy a "legal" smoke on occasion .

I think as long as the DSA are ENFORCED there will be few problems with WHERE the smoking areas are. The only thing that concerns me is if the entire pool areas are smoking areas. That would be an issue for me. I'm quite sure Disney wouldn't want all the problems associated with wafting smoke around each entrance. If those designated areas are far enough outside the entrance ways, it wont be an issue unless there are hordes of people using them at once. Since less than 3.5% of DVC members requested Smoking optional accommodations before, I'm quite sure there wont be hordes of folks at any given building and any given time wanting to utilize the DSAs.

I'm going to think positive about this, and hope it all works out. The reality is, as long as NO ONE smokes in a unit or on a balcony above or below me, it probably wont be much of an issue. Pools....that's another thing altogether.

I think as long as the DSA are ENFORCED there will be few problems with WHERE the smoking areas are. The only thing that concerns me is if the entire pool areas are smoking areas. That would be an issue for me. I'm quite sure Disney wouldn't want all the problems associated with wafting smoke around each entrance. If those designated areas are far enough outside the entrance ways, it wont be an issue unless there are hordes of people using them at once. Since less than 3.5% of DVC members requested Smoking optional accommodations before, I'm quite sure there wont be hordes of folks at any given building and any given time wanting to utilize the DSAs.

I'm going to think positive about this, and hope it all works out. The reality is, as long as NO ONE smokes in a unit or on a balcony above or below me, it probably wont be much of an issue. Pools....that's another thing altogether.

I have a friend who is currently staying at OKW. She told me that the smoking area's at the pools are just that... small area's off to the side that you have to physically get off your lounge chair and walk to.

You just hit it on the nose !!:thumbsup2 Nothing will EVER be good enough..:sad2: I am just glad that the area's are now defined so that those in my family (including me) can enjoy a "legal" smoke on occasion .

Nah, it will come to a head when they ban smoking from teh resorts all together which I bet isn't too far off.

While I am anti-smoking ( I dip skoal, do you want me spitting in the air and letting it fall as it may? ), I can't understand why DVC did not just assign a couple of Buildings so that you smoker types could enjoy yourself and not have to worry about someone griping about the smoke.

JMHO

I thought the pool areas were always ok to smoke at. Honestly, I do not remember any "rule" stating one could not smoke at the pools. Also, the same for any outdoor general area such as walkways etc. I know OKW always had those big sand filled ashtrays outside the entrances right by the benches.

I have a friend who is currently staying at OKW. She told me that the smoking area's at the pools are just that... small area's off to the side that you have to physically get off your lounge chair and walk to.

Thanks for the update! That's good to know!

The only thing that concerns me is if the entire pool areas are smoking areas. That would be an issue for me.

I e-mailed DVC via the Members website yesterday about this and ask for a clairification and the answer I got was:

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club Member Services.

We appreciate your message. Based on the nature of your comments, I
have forwarded your message to our Member Satisfaction team for further
review. You may expect to be contacted again with regard to your
message within 5 business days.

Thank you again for writing.

I will post their reply here if and when it arrives..smjj

I think this quote:
from the horses mouth so to speak is enough for me. I was just concerned it would be the entire pool area.

Closing this thread - there is a sticky at the top of the Forum with a link to the maps. They are now all posted in the Resort Map section of www.wdwinfo.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter