Concerns about the ART? Should we do Uber instead?

friedela

DIS Veteran
We are staying at a hotel about 30 minute walk from Disneyland (The Staybridge Suites on Manchester). We had planned on taking the ART to and from Disney which we were fine about until we read that it's a pain in the rear and often times will get so full you'll end up having to wait for the next bus. Someone recommended using Lyft or Uber instead. We have 1 kid who needs a booster seat and I am not a fan of hauling it to and from Disneyland... how does Uber work if you have kids who need carseats? Do they provide them? Or should we just stick with the ART?

Last edited:
Uber/Lyft can be much easier, especially since you can plan your own schedule and not have to plan around the ART schedule. Uber and Lyft do not provide car seats or boosters. Can you get a portable, travel booster seat, like Mifold or Bubblebum? Posters here really like those. They can be carried in a tote bag or stored in a locker during the day when you don't need them. Amazon.com has good prices. Your hotel is farther from the parks and not on the "main drag" (i.e. Harbor Blvd.), so the convenience of Uber/Lyft might be helpful. You can always try Uber/Lyft, knowing that you have ART to fall back on.

Uber/Lyft can be much easier, especially since you can plan your own schedule and not have to plan around the ART schedule. Uber and Lyft do not provide car seats or boosters. Can you get a portable, travel booster seat, like Mifold or Bubblebum? Posters here really like those. They can be carried in a tote bag or stored in a locker during the day when you don't need them. Amazon.com has good prices. Your hotel is farther from the parks and not on the "main drag" (i.e. Harbor Blvd.), so the convenience of Uber/Lyft might be helpful. You can always try Uber/Lyft, knowing that you have ART to fall back on.

We were actually looking into the Mifold booster! They are sold here as well. I've never heard of Bubblegum though, it's similar I am assuming? Might be a really good option though. I am not a fan of the idea of doing a very long park day and then having to wait for a bus at the end of the night when everyone is exhausted. Only thing I am concerned about is having an issue at the airport when we catch our shuttle to the hotel. We were told we can be denied if we don't have the proper seat. I am assuming if they are popular on the boards that Karmel has seen them before?

Last edited:

We were actually looking into the Mifold booster! They are sold here as well. I've never heard of Bubblegum though, it's similar I am assuming? Might be a really good option though. I am not a fan of the idea of doing a very long park day and then having to wait for a bus at the end of the night when everyone is exhausted. Only thing I am concerned about is having an issue at the airport when we catch our shuttle to the hotel. We were told we can be denied if we don't have the proper seat. I am assuming if they are popular on the boards that Karmel has seen them before?
Bubblebum seats are inflatable (I believe) and Mifold seats fold -- so you can pick whichever one you think would work best. I have not read any reports of anyone here being denied on a shuttle or in any car service because of the seats. I think the websites for those seats discuss the fact that the seats are safety approved.

Whichever travel booster you choose, I would print out the safety approval information from the website and bring it with you, just in case anyone asks about it.

Bubblebum seats are inflatable (I believe) and Mifold seats fold -- so you can pick whichever one you think would work best. I have not read any reports of anyone here being denied on a shuttle or in any car service because of the seats. I think the websites for those seats discuss the fact that the seats are safety approved.

Yes, that is true! Thank you! Have you any experience with using the ART? After doing some research I'm seeing that the reviews for it are terrible :crazy2:

We have never used the ART because the hotels we use are closer walking distance to the parks. But we have friends who've used it -- they didn't have any complaints. But with your daughter's special needs, I think it might be easier to have the freedom to use Uber/Lyft so that you can adjust your own schedule as needed and not have to work around a shuttle schedule.

We have never used the ART because the hotels we use are closer walking distance to the parks. But we have friends who've used it -- they didn't have any complaints. But with your daughter's special needs, I think it might be easier to have the freedom to use Uber/Lyft so that you can adjust your own schedule as needed and not have to work around a shuttle schedule.

Yes, that is a very good point!

We have a mifold. So convenient. It works well for us, but there’s a learning curve to getting the seatbelt in and out of the hook parts, so make sure you’ve used it before trying to Uber with it if you go that route. Also, the first time you use it, you’ll have to adjust the seatbelt part for your kid’s height, so again, just make sure you do that in advance.

We used ART during the summer and during the holiday season and never had any issues with it filling up and having to wait.

Oh gosh....Uber/Lyft is the way to go. It's very easy and cheap. That ART is on its own schedule, often full and just an irritating experience all the way around (for us). We used it a couple of times and decided that was it.

We have used ART numerous times, and 90% of the time it is great. Remember, people usually go to complain, rarely to say "It was fine."

If you didn't have the carseat/booster seat situation and kids then I would say Uber/Lyft, but personally dealing with the hassle of the carseat/booster situation, it's just easier to do ART.

We are staying at a hotel about 30 minute walk from Disneyland (The Staybridge Suites on Manchester). We had planned on taking the ART to and from Disney which we were fine about until we read that it's a pain in the rear and often times will get so full you'll end up having to wait for the next bus. Someone recommended using Lyft or Uber instead. We have 1 kid who needs a booster seat and I am not a fan of hauling it to and from Disneyland... how does Uber work if you have kids who need carseats? Do they provide them? Or should we just stick with the ART?
We just stayed at this exact hotel two weeks ago & used ART for 2 out of our 3 days & it worked out pretty well for us.:) I would say that if you were trying to make a early Magic Morning at Disneyland that starts at 7am you probably won’t make it for rope drop at the start. It’s supposed to start picking up an hour & 45 mins before regular park opening which is 6:15am but on our last day which was a Saturday(also an MM early day but we used ours earlier on our trip on Thursday)the ART didn’t show up at 6:15 at all & so when we were there for pickup at 6:45 the bus was pretty full after our stop but luckily it was the only one so we had no problems getting on. Basically I would Uber/Lyft if you want/need to be theee very early for MM otherwise ART works great! You do have to fold your strollers & at night the #12 bus route can get really, really full after fireworks/WOC shows. The bus drivers really cram everyone in! Let me know if you have other questions!

We use ART on every trip. We stay at the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort which is right next the hotel you are staying at. The ART that serves those usually only picks up there. We have no had no issues. Yes, it does get busy.

We just stayed at this exact hotel two weeks ago & used ART for 2 out of our 3 days & it worked out pretty well for us.:) ... Let me know if you have other questions!
I was hoping you'd chime in! Knowing that your recent stay was at the OP's same hotel, I was hoping you two would cross paths so the OP could ask you any specific questions. Thanks for dropping by and I hope your trip went well! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter