Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay... we gotta get Rog outta his tearful, sentimental, mushy mood & John out of his "I'm having a crappy day" mood... so here goes!!

I GOT GREAT NEWS TODAY!!!

On May 12th I was going to start a full time job with Geico, meaning I'd have to quit my secretarial positon at my church & my other job with Home Depot. I love them both & did not want to give either one up. Now, I don't have to!!! YIPPEE!!! (No, I didn't win lotto..... yet)

The Head Elder of the church called me today & asked when I could start working full time for the church!!! HUH???? Can you say "Monday"???

Apparantly, they didn't want me to leave, so they offered me full time hours so I don't have to!! Did I say YIPPEE??? NO??? Okay then... YIPPEE!!!

I'll still keep THD job, cause I really enjoy it... and where else can you get an exercise program and get paid for it???

So... it's gonna be a great weekend at,,,, The Home Depot.... where... "If you can do it,,,, we can help!!" <she said with a great big smile from behind her orange apron>

Yay!!!!!!! That's fantastic news!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!:banana:

Oops, forgot to add ~

Congratulations on the job Debbie! (Isn't there a saying that goes something like, When God closes the Geico, he opens the church"? No, wait, that's not it. Maybe it's something about doors and windows? No...that's not it either. Anyway, congrats again!! :thumbsup2

Jody, have a blast on your vacation! Sure wish I could say I was on vaca right now.

someone get mommy a cocktail...........and a tissue :rotfl:

Congratulations Shannone!! You're right, it does have a Wilderness Lodge look to it. It is absolutely beautiful!! :goodvibes

I wish I could take credit for it. It's the builder's home. We do love it. We are pushing for June 1st occupancy....don't know if we can get it altogether, get packed up and in by then, but going to try.

Hi all ~

This is nothing camping related, but because we're such a large and diverse group, I just wanted to throw it out there to see what people's opinions are.

Here's the thing. How do you feel about kids at concerts? Specifically, young kids. Is there an age that's too young? The reason I'm asking is because Jack Johnson is coming to a venue near us, and my 3 (almost 4) year old son absolutely LOVES him. I guess he would be classified as "adult contemporary"? but he also did the soundtrack to one of DS's favorite movies ~ Curious George. DS knows just about every word of every song on the soundtrack, and we only listen to it and Jack's other cd's perhaps 15 times a day. The concert is in an open air venue, with a large grassy area where you can take blankets and lay out under the stars and listen. I'm thinking it would be a nice family night out, but I would hate to be the mother that everyone is looking at wondering why I would bring such a young child to a night time concert. I guess it shouldn't bother me, because I know how much my son would enjoy it, but still...................
So, what do you all think? :confused3

Anybody here see tonight's episode of Ghost Whisperer? Our local station broke into the last 30 minutes with weather. I'm dying to find out what happened. I guess I could ask over on the Community Board but those people scare me. :scared:

Summers....one of my fondest chidhood memories.
My dad would take his once a year vacation the last week of July. The family would go to Lake George in the Adirondacks and stay in a resort called Alpine Village. We would go every year. Friends and relatives would reserve cabins for the same week. It was glorious fun. I remember one year when it rained all week. This was the only time my dad left the business. The only vacation he would take. Dad was itching to use his boat..he waited all year to bring it to Lake George. My dad liked to water ski before 7am..while the lake was still what he called a "sheet of glass". Well, that wasn't happening. After day three...he had it. He was itching to get out on that boat. After breakfast we were out on the verandah where guests would gather and sit in the Adirondack chairs or use the ping pong table. I remember my father eyeing the sky and shaking his head. I guess he knew..the rain wasn't going to stop. He gave me that "don't tell your mother look".. and a shrug of his shoulder to follow him...and to my mother's horror the two of us jumped off the porch and ran down the hill to the boat house. We hopped into the boat. The lake was real choppy and the wind was blowing. At first I was a little scared, and then I saw my dad..smiling with the wind blowing through his usually perfectly combed blonde hair. The minute I saw his grin I knew nothing could happen to us. My dad was there. We had so much fun..we anchored off shore and dove into the lake again and again. We laughed so hard. Although we were drenched before we ever got in the water. I'll always remember swimming in the rain. :lovestruc

What a fabulous memory.:goodvibes

I saw the last 20 mins or so of Ghost Whisperer do you want me to spoil it for ya?

I hope I'm not jinxing myself....but I do believe the sleepover girls have succumbed to slumber......earlier than I expected :woohoo:

Your good vibes worked !! THANKS :thumbsup2 We accepted their counter offer. Barring anything happening at closing, it's a done deal. I'm not expecting anything to turn up during the inspection since it's a new house and very well maintained. Here are a few interior pics....remember...it's not our furniture ;)

Congratulations Shannone - that place looks great. I may sound kind of like a builder geek, but I was fascinated with the details and the way that place is put together.

The metal banding at the base of the support logs to allow access to the adjustment screws looks great, the way the stairs are constructed, the log archway supporting the collar tie log on the gable end, it's a very well thought out and put together home. Love the stone fireplace as well.

As a kid, my Dad owned his own construction company and I used to spend my summers "helping". I loved seeing how things go together and it was nice to have someone in the family who could show me what to do when the time came to build our own home. There is some true craftsmanship that shows through in that home. Can't wait to see photos of it when you make it "your" place!

ooops...sorry Donna, didn't see it:flower3:

Well i had to go back and make sure too! thats why i posted! I had to know cause ours will hit while we're in WDW next week! yay! more disney spending money, lol.

Your good vibes worked !! THANKS :thumbsup2 We accepted their counter offer. Barring anything happening at closing, it's a done deal. I'm not expecting anything to turn up during the inspection since it's a new house and very well maintained. Here are a few interior pics....remember...it's not our furniture ;)

1197303401809_3368_crooked_lake_rd_.jpg

1197303402055_3368_crooked_lake_rd_.jpg

1197303402770_3368_crooked_lake_rd_.jpg

1197303404035_3368_crooked_lake_rd_.jpg

That is awesome:woohoo:

Wowww....man, Im soooo jealous of both Shannon AND Dan....absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks Rog, the place is my parents and is the "dream home" they always wanted to build. They've owned the land for the last ten years and it's been a lot of weekends clearing an area, building a long driveway/road capable of getting the delivery trucks up to the building site, etc. Of all the years my father has spent building something for someone else (including my current home), he never had a home that was just for them, they way they wanted it.

He's always been a go-getter, and I'm going to upload a photo of him on the second floor taken less than a week after having surgery to put a metal brace in his neck - nothing is going to stop him from getting this project done!

PICT0043.jpg

Okay... we gotta get Rog outta his tearful, sentimental, mushy mood & John out of his "I'm having a crappy day" mood... so here goes!!

I GOT GREAT NEWS TODAY!!!

On May 12th I was going to start a full time job with Geico, meaning I'd have to quit my secretarial positon at my church & my other job with Home Depot. I love them both & did not want to give either one up. Now, I don't have to!!! YIPPEE!!! (No, I didn't win lotto..... yet)

The Head Elder of the church called me today & asked when I could start working full time for the church!!! HUH???? Can you say "Monday"???

Apparantly, they didn't want me to leave, so they offered me full time hours so I don't have to!! Did I say YIPPEE??? NO??? Okay then... YIPPEE!!!

I'll still keep THD job, cause I really enjoy it... and where else can you get an exercise program and get paid for it???

So... it's gonna be a great weekend at,,,, The Home Depot.... where... "If you can do it,,,, we can help!!" <she said with a great big smile from behind her orange apron>

Very cool Debbie

Summers....one of my fondest chidhood memories.
My dad would take his once a year vacation the last week of July. The family would go to Lake George in the Adirondacks and stay in a resort called Alpine Village. We would go every year. Friends and relatives would reserve cabins for the same week. It was glorious fun. I remember one year when it rained all week. This was the only time my dad left the business. The only vacation he would take. Dad was itching to use his boat..he waited all year to bring it to Lake George. My dad liked to water ski before 7am..while the lake was still what he called a "sheet of glass". Well, that wasn't happening. After day three...he had it. He was itching to get out on that boat. After breakfast we were out on the verandah where guests would gather and sit in the Adirondack chairs or use the ping pong table. I remember my father eyeing the sky and shaking his head. I guess he knew..the rain wasn't going to stop. He gave me that "don't tell your mother look".. and a shrug of his shoulder to follow him...and to my mother's horror the two of us jumped off the porch and ran down the hill to the boat house. We hopped into the boat. The lake was real choppy and the wind was blowing. At first I was a little scared, and then I saw my dad..smiling with the wind blowing through his usually perfectly combed blonde hair. The minute I saw his grin I knew nothing could happen to us. My dad was there. We had so much fun..we anchored off shore and dove into the lake again and again. We laughed so hard. Although we were drenched before we ever got in the water. I'll always remember swimming in the rain. :lovestruc

Still trying to get caught up, but it seems hopeless if you miss more than a day or so on this board. Auntie, this had me choked up...don't know if your Dad is "still with us" but I know he was smiling while you wrote that.

Morning all!! Haven't been by lately. I'm sitting here on the "porch" of my camper in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina with a beautiful stream singing songs next to me. Thought I'd say hi!! No TV, no Cell phone, but at least the WiFi works :cool1: Thinking about going to Biltmore house today.

So who won the Ft. Wilderness jacket?? I got outbid, but also got busy and wasn't paying attention.

Hi all ~

This is nothing camping related, but because we're such a large and diverse group, I just wanted to throw it out there to see what people's opinions are.

Here's the thing. How do you feel about kids at concerts? Specifically, young kids. Is there an age that's too young? The reason I'm asking is because Jack Johnson is coming to a venue near us, and my 3 (almost 4) year old son absolutely LOVES him. I guess he would be classified as "adult contemporary"? but he also did the soundtrack to one of DS's favorite movies ~ Curious George. DS knows just about every word of every song on the soundtrack, and we only listen to it and Jack's other cd's perhaps 15 times a day. The concert is in an open air venue, with a large grassy area where you can take blankets and lay out under the stars and listen. I'm thinking it would be a nice family night out, but I would hate to be the mother that everyone is looking at wondering why I would bring such a young child to a night time concert. I guess it shouldn't bother me, because I know how much my son would enjoy it, but still...................
So, what do you all think? :confused3

I think doing something like this once in awhile is nice! It will be a good chance to spend time as a family, and if gets a little late....oh well! He can sleep in, in the morning! :thumbsup2

And, if gets too loud, or too late, you can always leave early. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter