Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you watched Gettysburg with Jeff Daniels ?? MY 14yr old can get extra credit for social studies by watching it but I've never seen it and not sure if it will be too violent/bloody. It doesn't have a rating as it was a made for tv movie.:confused3

LOVE that movie!! For a 14yo, probably not too violent or bloody. I believe it was rated PG, but not sure. Check IMDB.com for the ratings. Was not a TV movie. When I was at Gettysburg (many years ago), that was one of the 2 movies playing in their movie theater.

Donna was it you that posted a link for the jacket on E-bay?

I think someone posted earlier that they won the bid.

yeh that was me that posted it! i didn't see that post but glad a dis'er won!

:goodvibes :goodvibes Hope things turn out the way you want them to:goodvibes :goodvibes

Good luck!!:goodvibes :goodvibes Hope you get it. I'd love to live in a log home, but don't know how that would look in FL.:lmao:

THANKS !! If we are ok with their counter, I will post a few interior pictures from the listing. It really is an amazing home....like a miniature Wilderness Lodge :cool1: I don't think it would look as good in the south though. And I hate to think of what all that humidity would do to the logs.

I get to go see the new patrick dempsy movie tonight. Hopefully if we ge through dinner and make the movie time. Our girls night out is already running late since one of my friends husband hasn't managed to get out of work yet.

Wow! I was just watching the news. I didn't know more tornados happened today.

THANKS !! If we are ok with their counter, I will post a few interior pictures from the listing. It really is an amazing home....like a miniature Wilderness Lodge :cool1: I don't think it would look as good in the south though. And I hate to think of what all that humidity would do to the logs.

We built our loggie, my Dad and I. I love it, if you have questions, let me know. And good luck! :goodvibes

ok, kids, time to go on vacation!!:cool1: I'll try to get on next wk before we go to the ft. & the wk after when we get back & post pics. You all get good now!!:lmao: :lmao:

Right now, at this time of year, I go on a "bee" hunt! We have problems with wood boring bees, big suckers!! You can try to spray them with bee killer, but they just scoop it up in glasses, put little umbrellas in em, and kick back and just catch a buzz!! They best way I found to kill them is with a tennis racket. LOL. Smack the little suckers out of the air, and then chase em down and squish em before they shake it off and fly away. Yesterday, I had 28 confirmed kills, and 8 probables, (no bodies found).

Other than that, we seal it with Sikkens about every 5 years, and seal the cracks so the weather stays out. Other than that, it isn't much different.

There are many different types of loggies, and each is a little different.

Hope you have a great time! Think of us, at least a little. LOL

Right now, at this time of year, I go on a "bee" hunt! We have problems with wood boring bees, big suckers!! You can try to spray them with bee killer, but they just scoop it up in glasses, put little umbrellas in em, and kick back and just catch a buzz!! They best way I found to kill them is with a tennis racket. LOL. Smack the little suckers out of the air, and then chase em down and squish em before they shake it off and fly away. Yesterday, I had 28 confirmed kills, and 8 probables, (no bodies found).

Other than that, we seal it with Sikkens about every 5 years, and seal the cracks so the weather stays out. Other than that, it isn't much different.

There are many different types of loggies, and each is a little different.

The house we are looking at was built in 2005 and stained with Sikkens. The exterior looks really good. Just a bit dusty from being near a dirt road. The bees/wasps can't be any worse than here at the house we have now. We have Orkin come out and spray once a month inside and out and it seems to make a huge difference. They remove the nests along the house too. We rarely get spiders, earwigs on any of those other bugs that are common around here.

:worship: to Orkin !!

I would just add that the direct deposit checks started going out earlier than anticipated. Today is May 2nd(first date for the direct deposit)..and I know people who received them much earlier in the week. I believe they started receiving them on Mon. I hope that moves up the additional weeks for the direct deposits as well.., but who knows.

i think there was a paragraph prior to that schedule that said something about starting date of 4-28. that is probably why they word it "will go out no later than".
i'm surprised all the Fort gang with their large motorhomes even qualify for the check!!! :laughing:

I dream of having a log home near a lake somewhere. I think log homes fit in anywhere...so did our ancestors!!!! Although, a little snow and smoke from the chimney does add a little charm to my mental picture. Living in a loggie is what hooked me on cabin rentals in LA, many of them are very log-like, with bare wood interiors...I cant smell anymore, but I remember walking into a nice log cabin and just getting high on the smell of wood. Kinda like the smell of Home Depot...man I miss my sense of smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter