Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are some SWEET pics! Man, you guys are klling me. Those pics are making my itch scratch bad now.:scared1: We purchased some property in Ky. a little over 2 years ago and have been holding off on building our Log Cabin so ya'all are gonna have to quit postin' pics!

Disney4dan...are you available when you are done with your current project?

View from front of property looking back...SWEET!

83927619_jnLd5-L.jpg

This is view from another piece of property looking at the back of our property. They say there is a cave under that rock cliff. One of these days when gravity treats me better I will take the hike.

83927634_QaK8s-L.jpg

Steve, that location looks SWEET. You have got to get started soon so you can take the time to enjoy it. Seems like the biggest gamble in a spot with a view like that is whether you can get water without having to drill too deep (I assume that the area is remote and not on municipal water).

The best views come with a hefty price in other matters, running electric out to my parents place is going to cost big$$$. Five poles for overhead, then about 600 feet of underground cable to get to the house. That equals approx $18,000 just for the wire, not including what the power company gets for putting the poles in place. Seriously explore going off the grid if you can do it. The new solar and/or wind generators are much more affordable, longer life span and will pay back much faster. Let me know if you want some links to places to start exploring your options. Also - the price of geothermal heating units have come down so low that you should consider that as well. For a remote location, you need a well for water supply anyway so that portion of the cost is in the budget. A guy I used to work with had to start looking at replacing his oil burner, found that he could convert to geothermal using his existing well for about $8,000. Considering that the new furnace quotes were coming in at around $5,000, the difference for him was less than the first years cost for heating oil at $4/gal.

Let me know when you get started, maybe we can swing a weekend for a chance to set the trailer up and camp with that view! PS - Justin has a strong back and knows how to do roofing :thumbsup2

01AwcAX1XgJa4AAAABAAAAAAAAAAA_.jpg

Thats it...I really got nuthing to say, just wanted to post the MrBean baby

I spoke with the big guy before...he went to see the Yankees play last nite, had his White Castle fix, and complained how cold it was. He leaves tonite for the U.K. Just trying to hold the fort down here-- three kids already complaining they miss him, and his baseball team lost this morning! It's gonna be a long week....:sad2:

I spoke with the big guy before...he went to see the Yankees play last nite, had his White Castle fix, and complained how cold it was. He leaves tonite for the U.K. Just trying to hold the fort down here-- three kids already complaining they miss him, and his baseball team lost this morning! It's gonna be a long week....:sad2:

I feel ya. My hubby leaves for Germany soon. He travels a good bit anyway. I have 3 girls and the first night he's gone we have a "girl" party. As the rest of the days go on I hear more and more 'I miss daddy's' :sad2:

Useless info. Somehow I managed to have the house to myself today. Hubby took middle daughter fishing. Nanny stopped by and the other two went home with her. I'm suppose to be cleaning but instead i'm eating a bowl of strawberry cheescake ice cream in my pj's doing nothing. I could get use to this.

I went driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway today and went to the Emerald Mine and got a bucket of rocks and came out with a few nice stones. I didn't have anything done to them yet, but may later. Whew I'm glad I wasn't pulling the camper on some of the roads I drove today, talk about curvy and steep. I got some great pictures on some of the overlooks.

Just finished a great potluck dinner, and now I'm just chilling under my awning with the puter and a good book. A gospel quartet is about to start a concert this evening here at the campground. My site is close enough I can hear them right here.

I LOVE CAMPING!!!!

Ok, I am seeking help from the experts again. I am looking for the instrumental version of Hannah Montana's True Friend. Anyone know a site to go to that you can download instrumentals or karaoke songs? I don't care if it is free or not, I just need that song. My dd and her friend want to sing it in a school talent show. Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

Ok, I am seeking help from the experts again. I am looking for the instrumental version of Hannah Montana's True Friend. Anyone know a site to go to that you can download instrumentals or karaoke songs? I don't care if it is free or not, I just need that song. My dd and her friend want to sing it in a school talent show. Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

There is a program that you can download that rips the audio tracks off of songs. DH saw it at Target the other day....

OK, here is a 4 year-old boy for you...

All week long he has wanted to go to France to ride the Eurostar, which is out of the question, so he opted to want to ride the tri-rail train in West Palm Beach. This is all he talked about this whole week. Well, Saturday morning came and he decided that he was going to ride the tri-rail train (it is a commuter train from West Palm to Miami) NAKED! He refused to put his clothes on and ran around the house (and out of the house) for about an hour and a half saying that the tri-rail train takes naked passengers. Oh, what I am in for in a couple of years!:scared1:

I finally get him dressed, as DH was off to work. We pick up Nana and PopPop (my parents) and drive the hour down to WPB to the station. He then starts in on how he wants to watch the train from the car. We were there early, so it didn't really matter, the train left at noon and it was around 11:15. We finally get out and go to the train and he starts a death grip on my hand and won't get on the train because it is "too scary". Thank goodness we didn't buy tickets! It actually worked out for the best because they ended up not leaving because the first engine had a problem and they pulled everyone off the train. I don't know if it was ever fixed because we gave up and went to Applebees and came home.

I don't remember my sister being this fickle...wait, yes I do...:lmao:

Heres a pay per song karaoke site

http://www.karaoke-version.com/

Sorry, that is geek speak...it separates the vocal and audio tracks for you..:rolleyes1

I know what you mean.... I rip occasionally, and get ripped occasionally. Only buy tracks (or download PTP) and then burn them to CD. Since mp3 player connects to the car, I don't burn too many anymore though. Computers have mixing software that's really cheap now that's as good as what was available 20 years ago for tens of thousands of dollars. Technology is amazing.

It rained all day here and we went to Niagara Falls, but didn't see anything though. Did eat at the Hard Rock though. This must be the only place that there are two HRC less than a mile apart -- one in the USA and one in Canada, separated by an international border and the Niagara river.

IMG_0577.jpg

IMG_0580.jpg

those trees are BEAUTIFUL! Niagra Falls is one of the places we would like to visit in the coming years. DH needs a better job though...;)

Okay... summary of discussions between last night & tonight...

Shannone buys the log cabin of everybody's dreams,,, girls fall asleep in closet during a slumber party,,,, dan has beautiful property in ky, carol is camping in the Blue Ridge & I'm extremely jealous,,, pete's gone til 5/11, rog smells but doesn't realize it,,, Mr Baby Bean is in pain,,,, al has gas, vacamper is eating all the strawberry cheesecase ice cream and lives in a dirty house because of it,,, jen's son wants to go to France,,, Ami IS going to france,,,, and we are all going to get together to sing karaoke, somebody wants to take a little kid to a concert (I say go for it), John appears to be in a better mood today, Shannone wants a 6 seater, somebody's dad is building a log cabin, and I got to keep both my current jobs & tell Geico thanks but no thanks!!!

That pretty well sums thing up, I think!!! If I missed anyone, I'm sorry!!

Whew.... my fingers hurt!!!

Okay... summary of discussions between last night & tonight...

Shannone buys the log cabin of everybody's dreams,,, girls fall asleep in closet during a slumber party,,,, dan has beautiful property in ky, carol is camping in the Blue Ridge & I'm extremely jealous,,, pete's gone til 5/11, rog smells but doesn't realize it,,, Mr Baby Bean is in pain,,,, al has gas, vacamper is eating all the strawberry cheesecase ice cream and lives in a dirty house because of it,,, jen's son wants to go to France,,, Ami IS going to france,,,, and we are all going to get together to sing karaoke, somebody wants to take a little kid to a concert (I say go for it), John appears to be in a better mood today, Shannone wants a 6 seater, somebody's dad is building a log cabin, and I got to keep both my current jobs & tell Geico thanks but no thanks!!!

That pretty well sums thing up, I think!!! If I missed anyone, I'm sorry!!

Whew.... my fingers hurt!!!

Now, THAT'S a summary!;)

those trees are BEAUTIFUL! Niagra Falls is one of the places we would like to visit in the coming years. DH needs a better job though...;)

Niagara Falls is the only thing I miss about living in WNY. (Oh, okay, I miss my DBro & his family too, but don't tell him!)

Jen.... do save the money somehow & get to NF at least once in your life. I never realized how precious it is until I moved 1500 miles away. I can't believe I took it for granted when I lived there. A typical conversation on a day when you had nothing to do was..."Ya wanna go to the Falls today? Nah... we were just there yesterday." Can you believe it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter