Confirmed: Prices for Tickets and Passes going up on 2/11/2018

So... I called the AP hotline today and was told that if the price increase occurs before I renew, I will be subject to the new price even if I'm in my renewal window. Bummer!

Wow. This change to the policy is new this year. Good thing you called to ask. Thanks for reporting back. Hoping this CM is mistaken, but be prepared to pay more if there is an increase.

It would be my ticket. She's tentatively going as a school chaperone but won't know for sure if she is until 3/1. If she goes, I'm going on my own to visit family and will join her on the park days.

I know that the value of a Disneyland ticket lasts past its expiration date. But I'd be getting a voucher from LMTClub. I know that the vouchers are supposedly Disney vouchers, LMT just acts as a 'middleman' and provides for a discount. I just don't know if Disney would honor that voucher after the expiration date the same as it would a ticket or a voucher purchased directly from Disney.

Try contacting (call or email) both LMT and Disney to see what they say about this. They both should give you the same answer since, as you've said, the LMT vouchers are Disney vouchers. Getting an official answer to your question ASAP will help your friend before the weekend, even if the increase is still just a rumor at this time.

Last edited:
Lmt sent me a ticket. I added it to my app immediately. Barcode and everything.

That's what has me in a puzzlement about the value of an expired ticket conundrum. I get the voucher from LMT. I scan it into the app. Does it then become a 'real' Disney ticket for 'value of an expired ticket' purposes, meaning I can apply it to a later purchase? In which case I lose the LMT discount as I'd have to buy direct from Disney. And will the app/website have an option to apply the value or will I have to go to the booths? Does Disney automatically 'delete' an unused ticket from the app once it hits the expiration date or will it stay there 'forever'? And finally, do I want to take the chance on 'losing' 200+ dollars on the gamble of saving ?? dollars due to an unverified price increase?

Too many unanswered (and probably unanswerable) questions. I'll probably call Disney but I've learned to be very skeptical of answers given over the phone.

Has anyone used the Get Away Today travel company for Disney tickets? I see it advertised on Disneyland Daily facebook page.
We use them. I always buy my tickets for the summer early before price increases, and I buy GATs peace of mind insurance in case something comes up before our trip and we have to change plans or cancel. I think it’s $25. They also will price match. Last year they price matched LMT for me. You just need to provide proof of the price you want to match...an email or screenshot. We find GAT to have great customer service.

That's what has me in a puzzlement about the value of an expired ticket conundrum. I get the voucher from LMT. I scan it into the app. Does it then become a 'real' Disney ticket for 'value of an expired ticket' purposes, meaning I can apply it to a later purchase? In which case I lose the LMT discount as I'd have to buy direct from Disney. And will the app/website have an option to apply the value or will I have to go to the booths? Does Disney automatically 'delete' an unused ticket from the app once it hits the expiration date or will it stay there 'forever'? And finally, do I want to take the chance on 'losing' 200+ dollars on the gamble of saving ?? dollars due to an unverified price increase?

Too many unanswered (and probably unanswerable) questions. I'll probably call Disney but I've learned to be very skeptical of answers given over the phone.
You’re not going to lose the discount if the ticket expires. Say you bought a 5 day hopper from LMT. You would have paid $300 vs $350 direct from Disney. If that ticket expires, you now effectively have a $350 gift card toward your next ticket/pass. I’ve never tried to redeem an expired ticket, but I’d be shocked if you didn’t have to go to a booth to do it.

Only SoCal Select ($10), SoCal ($10), and Deluxe ($20) increased last year. Increases in parentheses.

Sig and Sig+ haven't increased in price since they were introduced October 2015.

I let my pass expire this winter. I think I’ll buy a new one now to avoid any potential increase. Since it’s not activated until it’s furst use I’m not losing out in any time.

You’re not going to lose the discount if the ticket expires. Say you bought a 5 day hopper from LMT. You would have paid $300 vs $350 direct from Disney. If that ticket expires, you now effectively have a $350 gift card toward your next ticket/pass. I’ve never tried to redeem an expired ticket, but I’d be shocked if you didn’t have to go to a booth to do it.

Are you sure about this? According to Disneyland's site they state that it's the amount you paid for an unused expired ticket, that can be put toward the purchase of a ticket - but at least you do not lose the amount you paid if you do this - you'd just lose any discount you may have received on your original purchase.

Those are some painful rumored increases. $350 to $400 for a 4 day park hopper at WDW, ouch!
OMG, I know! Now that's painful for a family.

Just realized my wording might have sounded like I wish there were similar increases for Disneyland, when what I meant was I wish we could see what the expected increases will be!

^Technically^ DL doesn't bridge ticket prices, although may of us have had it happen on upgrading to an AP. I might get lucky but there isn't a guarantee that I will. In which case my $300.00 LMT ticket will only be worth $300.00, not the 'gate price' of $350.00 as used in your example.

Those are some painful rumored increases. $350 to $400 for a 4 day park hopper at WDW, ouch!

Current price for a WDW 4 day hopper is $425.00 + tax. I think the '$350 to $400' quoted is for a single park-multi day ticket. They're currently $350.00 and I think it means they're going up to $400.00.

That would put a 4 day hopper's new price at around $500.00 plus tax!!! Yikes!

Has anyone used the Get Away Today travel company for Disney tickets? I see it advertised on Disneyland Daily facebook page.
I did several years ago. They are legitimate and their customer service was great when we had a family emergency and needed to reschedule our tickets.

^Technically^ DL doesn't bridge ticket prices, although may of us have had it happen on upgrading to an AP. I might get lucky but there isn't a guarantee that I will. In which case my $300.00 LMT ticket will only be worth $300.00, not the 'gate price' of $350.00 as used in your example.

True. There have been different reports about values given for tickets - plus there are two different aspects of what people term 'bridging'.

Typically, if you buy a ticket from a third party reseller, its facevalue is the same as the face value of a regular ticket purchased from Disney - and Disney will typically apply that face value towards an upgrade. So, a ticket with a face value of $300, purchased for $290 from a third-party reseller, would likely be given the $300 value towards an upgrade. This is one type of 'bridging'. It is possible that Disney would only apply what you have paid (but I question how they would actually know what you had paid, as resellers run various promotions and could sell the same ticket at a variety of price points), but I haven't actually heard of anyone losing that type of discount.

However, tickets purchased before a price increase are a different type of 'bridging' and are typically not brought up to current-ticket face value. So, let's say you bought a ticket directly from Disney with (for example) a face value of $300. The price of that same ticket option goes up to $325 after a price increase. Typically, the price of this ticket applied to an upgrade would remain at the face value of $300. (I have heard of some people getting the full current price applied towards an upgrade, but I think that was probably some pixie dust, and don't believe that this is the typical experience.)

Similarly, if a ticket with a face value of $300 was purchased for $290 from a third-party reseller, and the price subsequently went up to $325. The likely price applied to an upgrade would be $300.

I hope this helps, rather than making it even more confusing.

True. There have been different reports about values given for tickets - plus there are two different aspects of what people term 'bridging'.

Typically, if you buy a ticket from a third party reseller, its facevalue is the same as the face value of a regular ticket purchased from Disney - and Disney will typically apply that face value towards an upgrade. So, a ticket with a face value of $300, purchased for $290 from a third-party reseller, would likely be given the $300 value towards an upgrade. This is one type of 'bridging'. It is possible that Disney would only apply what you have paid (but I question how they would actually know what you had paid, as resellers run various promotions and could sell the same ticket at a variety of price points), but I haven't actually heard of anyone losing that type of discount.

However, tickets purchased before a price increase are a different type of 'bridging' and are typically not brought up to current-ticket face value. So, let's say you bought a ticket directly from Disney with (for example) a face value of $300. The price of that same ticket option goes up to $325 after a price increase. Typically, the price of this ticket applied to an upgrade would remain at the face value of $300. (I have heard of some people getting the full current price applied towards an upgrade, but I think that was probably some pixie dust, and don't believe that this is the typical experience.)

Similarly, if a ticket with a face value of $300 was purchased for $290 from a third-party reseller, and the price subsequently went up to $325. The likely price applied to an upgrade would be $300.

I hope this helps, rather than making it even more confusing.

I think you have a valid point as it's been all over the map. I do know though from the Canadian board that anyone buying the Canadian ticket deal will only get what they actually paid - so I am paying $262 for a 5 day PH rather than $350, if we don't go and those tickets expire, I am only getting $262 put towards a new ticket. I think there are reports all over the place - with people saying they were credited with different values for the 3 day PH portion of a SoCal CityPass as an example. I honestly think you should expect you will only get what you paid but enjoy the pixie dust if you are granted the full price of the ticket you are upgrading.

I agree with @starshine514. It’s very unlikely that Disney knows what you actually paid for the ticket in my example. They do know that the original face value was $350 and we know from numerous reports here of people upgrading these discount tickets to APs that they are currently crediting the full $350. Clearly things can change and doing anything this far out would come with risks, but the downside is you’d just get an amount equal to what you originally paid.

I don’t recall reading any posts here specifically about expired discount tickets and how they are treated, so I think this is enough of a hypothetical that it’s probably worth it to call Disney ask them what happens in this type of situation.

This is what the Disneyland Website states:

"Unless otherwise stated, the amount paid for any wholly unused, expired Disneyland® Resort Theme Park ticket, except for special event tickets, Annual Passports and the Southern California CityPass, may be applied towards the purchase of a new Theme Park admission ticket at the current price so long as the new ticket purchase price is equal to or greater than the amount paid for the original ticket. Please visit a Main Gate ticket booth, a Disneyland Resort hotel front desk or Concierge, or a Guest Relations location in a Theme Park to apply any eligible ticket amount towards a new ticket purchase. The amount paid for any Theme Park ticket may not be redeemed for cash or used for any other goods or services other than for another Theme Park admission ticket. No credit or refunds will be given for the non-use of any portion of a Theme Park admission ticket’s entitlements (e.g., using a 4-day ticket for 3 days’ of admission; using a Peak 1-Day ticket on a Value season date; not using Disney MaxPass on its validity day; etc.)."

I agree though - if you need to know, call and ask but honestly people have been told stuff from Disney directly and it's not true. I remember picking up our APs from a CM who didn't know you could buy PhotoPass Plus at the time - they are not all knowing in all areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter