Confirmed: Prices for Tickets and Passes going up on 2/11/2018

I can't remember what code I used when I signed up, but good to hear that one is working for people looking for a code! :)

I'm trying to make decisions quickly. With a group of 8, any sized decrease or increase grows rapidly.
It looks (by my quick read through) that LMT are NOT returnable. UCT allows for returns with a restocking fee. Am I reading this correctly? THANK YOU!

My understanding is that LMT vouchers are Disney vouchers. When we bought our tickets through LMT, the tickets were actual Disney e-tickets. Therefore, it makes sense that the LMT tickets would be non-refundable, non-returnable. Disney entry media (aka tickets) clearly state that they are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale.

So still no word on what the new prices are? I wonder why they're out for WDW and not DLR.

My understanding is that LMT vouchers are Disney vouchers. When we bought our tickets through LMT, the tickets were actual Disney e-tickets. Therefore, it makes sense that the LMT tickets would be non-refundable, non-returnable. Disney entry media (aka tickets) clearly state that they are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale.

Argh!!! This is KILLING me! I'm not a gambler and it would be a gamble to buy via LMT now only to find out I'm not going in 2018 (I believe 12/31/18 is when current LMT/Disney vouchers expire).

If I knew for 100% sure that an LMT voucher (or the voucher after scanning into the DL app) 'count' as an expired ticket for credit against a future purchase I might be more tempted to pull the trigger, even if that future ticket had to be purchased at 'gate price'.

@StormyCA: I don't know if this makes any difference, but when we scanned our LMT vouchers into the DLR app, they scanned in as tickets, just like other tickets that we had purchased from the DLR website. There was no difference on the app, no difference at the gate, and no difference when we purchased MP. Obviously, we didn't let the LMT tickets expire, so I don't know what would have happened there, but for the way that we used them, the LMT vouchers functioned just like any other purchased-at-the-booths or purchased-through-Disney-online tickets.

I hope you are right, but since the premier pass is supposed to go up $140 I would assume the increase will happen at dlr also.
Oh, I have no doubt they are going up. I just think it's odd that one resort has leaked the numbers and the other hasn't.

I have a DL Hotel package with 2 day park hoppers booked for July, 2018, booked directly with Disney. We are staying three nights, and I have been debating about adding a third park hopper ticket day to the package. I think it's around $280 to add this, currently. So, I should probably get on the phone today and add the 3rd park hopper day to take advantage of the current rates? Can they charge me a price for a 3rd park hopper day ticket that's different from what I've been quoted in my package if the prices do go up?

Also, I'm getting conflicting info on MP. I would like to have MP for all days of our time at DL for all of the members of our family. I've read that you both CAN and CANNOT add MP to a package before arriving. I called and talked to a CM, and she told me I would have to purchase them when we arrived at the gate our first day there. However, if she's wrong, and I can add MP to our package now, I'd obviously like to do that, especially if the price might go up.

Any advice from my Dis friends would be awesome. Thank you!!

Argh!!! This is KILLING me! I'm not a gambler and it would be a gamble to buy via LMT now only to find out I'm not going in 2018 (I believe 12/31/18 is when current LMT/Disney vouchers expire).

If I knew for 100% sure that an LMT voucher (or the voucher after scanning into the DL app) 'count' as an expired ticket for credit against a future purchase I might be more tempted to pull the trigger, even if that future ticket had to be purchased at 'gate price'.
The date on my tickets say Jan 19, 2019 as the last day to use.

I have a DL Hotel package with 2 day park hoppers booked for July, 2018, booked directly with Disney. We are staying three nights, and I have been debating about adding a third park hopper ticket day to the package. I think it's around $280 to add this, currently. So, I should probably get on the phone today and add the 3rd park hopper day to take advantage of the current rates? Can they charge me a price for a 3rd park hopper day ticket that's different from what I've been quoted in my package if the prices do go up?

Also, I'm getting conflicting info on MP. I would like to have MP for all days of our time at DL for all of the members of our family. I've read that you both CAN and CANNOT add MP to a package before arriving. I called and talked to a CM, and she told me I would have to purchase them when we arrived at the gate our first day there. However, if she's wrong, and I can add MP to our package now, I'd obviously like to do that, especially if the price might go up.

Any advice from my Dis friends would be awesome. Thank you!!

I would call and add the day today if you're worried about paying the increase. I honestly don't know how they'd handle adding a 3rd day if you've already locked in the current price with a 2 day, but I personally would not want to mess with it. I do know that if you wait to add the 3rd day until you're on vacation, they will charge you the new price to add the 3rd day. What I don't know is what happens if you wait until after the increase but before your trip to add the third day.

Pretty sure you can't add MaxPass to tickets purchased via packages. I mean... I've got a package I've already paid off and would love to add MP to it, but I've never seen that option when looking on line and my travel agent said nothing about it. I was just planning to purchase at the gate.

OK, I called Disney ticketing line and this is what I was told;

She said they have not been informed of a price increase HOWEVER she did then say that they never are. They leave work, show up the next day and BAM higher prices on the computer.

She was not familiar with LMT, so here we entered the world of the 'hypothetical'.

She said that "third party vouchers are generally not scannable and that they are usually only good on the day specified on the voucher". But she also said that you can't always scan a Disney direct-bought eTicket into the app, which I believe is factually incorrect (unless it's because they show up automatically). She added that "vouchers must be scanned at the turnstiles". BUT that IF they ARE scannable AND they DON'T have a specific 'use on' date AND they DO show up in the app, then they would (hypothetically) be good for a credit AFTER the expiration date.

Which puts me right back in my 'gamble' conundrum.

For those who have wondered about why no MaxPass on vacay packages, she said it's because MaxPass is not 'commissionable' so they are not allowed to offer it as part of a package. She also said that one cannot add MP to tickets at the onsite hotel registration desk.

@StormyCA, I, too, just got off the phone with a Disney CM, and she said the same thing re: MP. She had no idea about price increases, and she also indicated that I could not add MP to my package. Becky-the-CM said we need to add them via the DL app when we go through the turnstile when we enter the park for the first time.

I went ahead and added a 3rd park hopper day to our package; we've been debating for a while, and I didn't want to risk a price increase. We are one step closer to our trip in July. Getting so excited!!

Just bought my LMT tickets for our June trip! Just waiting for them to come in my email. So glad I found out about the free membership stuff here. We saved about $200! Best deal ever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter