Considering Poly Studio for family of 4

sagosto

Mouseketeer
We are DVC Rivierabut considering Poly to change it up. I spoke with DVC at Riviera and got confused on the different rooms and refurb. Is there an accurate square footage map for the different Poly rooms? We usually stay 1BR at Riviera but the 2 baths at Poly might work assuming the square footage isn't much smaller than Riviera.

You can easily search for all of the square footage and floorplans. Heck, you can even see it on the building that isn't open yet, because it's in the timeshare disclosures.

The challenge of square footage is that it includes the bathrooms and kitchenette, and the effective use of space varies wildly even within a square footage number.

Some of that Poly space is that extra shower. Note that it's not a true two bathroom and you do have to be friendlly about being in a bathroom area with another member of your party to make use of the entire bathroom facility. And it's not living space.

We just stayed at a Poly studio with the 4 in our family. Sleeping arrangements were perfect, as long as one of you is smaller (under 4'). Plenty of room. We didn't feel on-top of each other at all. Felt we had plenty of room when the beds were all down. The balcony was nice too - plenty of room for 4 people to watch the fireworks every night.

Loved the 2 bathrooms for 2 sinks for the morning or nighttime brushing teeth, doing hair, shaving, getting ready, etc., but we really would have liked 2 toilets instead of 2 showers. The 2 showers were unnecessary. We never showered at the same time. But coming back into our room, all 4 of us needed to go to the bathroom at the same time, and we couldn't do that.

We wish the kitchenette was a little larger. Even one more mounted cabinet would work so much better to store cereal and snacks. We had to use part of the closet for that.

Looking forward to a 1BR with full kitchen in the new Poly towers next year. But, the location of the Poly studios to the Transportation and Ticket Center to get to Magic Kingdom and Epcot is sooooo convenient, we'd lose that with the tower. But, really glad we chose to buy at Poly.

Last edited:
We've stayed at PVB multiple times with four of us, two adults and two kids. We've never had an issue with space. We've also stayed there with three adults and two kids. It got a little tighter but still never felt like we were on top of each other, even with the Murphy bed and trundle bed down under the TV.

The Polynesian studios are pretty large. My family of four, which includes two adult children, fit with no issues at all.

The ladies took over the full bathroom with the tub. The men used the shower-only bath. My daughter is not very tall, so she slept on the pull-out bed under the television. My son slept on the sofa bed.

We were on the first floor, which provided us with a large patio. The view wasn't great, unless you like parking lots and monorail supports.

We're a family of four with two adult children and have stayed in the (refurbished) Poly studios twice now ... and really love it. Plenty of space for us, and our adult children (daughters) shared the new Murphy bed and said it was very comfortable. The studio was very roomy, and having two showers and two sinks was a lifesaver for us! Being within short walking distance of the TTC is an added bonus. We'd definitely stay in a Poly studio again!

I love the poly and that was our go to resort for spring break for a few years until my kids got a little older and a little bigger. Just needed more space so they are not constantly on top of each other. I agree that the 2 baths are great but square footage is misleading. Lots of wasted space in the bathroom with the tub. Can’t wait for the new tower with 1BR and 2BR villas.

As the previous posts have indicated, this is very doable. We stayed at PVB in early Feb and it was perfect. Yeah it would have been nice for an extra toilet, but that is just if I had to nitpick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter