~Container Challenge~

I potted mine up a couple of weeks ago. I'll see how/if it grows. Doesn't look like much now but maybe in a month it will.
For me it'll be more fun to see what everyone else grows.

It wasn't anything crude. He just wouldn't let me "destroy" something to do it.

Ok olena...may I ask WHAT you were planning on destroying to do this little project???? :D

I need to get a pic taken of mine because it is doing awesome and get it submitted before I go on vacation next week. I'm afraid it might not be alive when I return!!!! ;)

***** BUMP *****

If you are participating in the challenge, please submit your pics to this thread. I will also need everyone's address (via PM), so please start sending them along. :)

We'll get our voting underway late next week! :Pinkbounc

Can't wait to see what you've all come up with!! :)

Considering all it dome for 16 days is rain, and rain and rain.

What isn't covered in slugs has either rotted, molded or has mushrooms growing instead of flowers. I'm about ready to pull everything out of the garden. :sad: :sad: :sad:

It's been one of those years, oak tree seedlings, maple tree seedlings now crab grass inching it's way into the house. And gross slugs.

As mamu said....mine look like poop too....I tried to do some fun stuff with color...didn't work.

Oh! Oh! I have pics but I need time to post them and I have no time now. How long do I have to get them here???

P.S. - Missed you guys. Trying to play catchup after being away so long and so much to do around house too. Hope everyone is well.

Give me a date when photos have to be up by and I will do my best to oblige .....

Awww....poor Buds..:( My stuff kind of looks like crud too...(can I say crud??? :o ).

Don't worry, we'll be gentle, and if you don't have a pic to post, that's okay too. :) :)

We've missed you too, Tulirose. :) Post your pic whenever you're ready! :)

I'm late I'm late... for a very important date!!!
Not much time left before my latest adventure. Between the laundry from our last trip to visit colleges and the power failure trapping DH in NYC it's been way too eventful.
I'm trying to upload a planter pic that I took with my new digital camera. The DIS gallery is taking it's time uploading it though. I'll try again tomorrow. It's not much (pitiful actually) but it's the only one that survived this whacky summer with some dignity.

Here's my container entry:
245herbsglories-med.jpg

His name is Herb. He's my only summer of 2003 container survivor. He's stayed green through the cold then heat, fungus, beetles, bunnies (couldn't reach him), drought and monsoons. Now the morning glories are starting to choke him!

Oh wow Deb, Herb looks great!! :) :) Not a lot of men can get away with that look, but he carries it off very nicely! :smooth:

I see that you're about to go on vacation (lucky Bud!), when will you be back? :)

He's a real herbalicious guy. Well the time has come to say good-bye to the DIS buds. I'll be back next weekend, Kim. It looks like a hot week too.
See you all on the flip side:Pinkbounc

I love Herb, Deb! Although he does resemble the Gorgon Medusa a bit, lol!

I tried to do something with Morning Glories too, but they look very sick, so I am submitting two containers that I used a Canna Lily as the focal point and were my biggest success this hot, dry year. Pics to follow soon.

All of my containers are flops this year. My callas didn't do well at all. I came back from WDW to find Herb strangled by the morning glories. The morning glories have grown there by accident as well as the sunflowers taking over the pergola. Figures if I planted them intentionally this year they probably would've died by now.
The only garden that looks good is the new rose garden that DH planted for me this year. They've had some beautiful flowers and are doing well against the bugs, fungus, drought and bunnies.
Of course the mint is very happy to spread all over everything too. At least it's green.

"I came back from WDW to find Herb strangled by the morning glories."

On dear, but death by flowers? Fitting for the Flower & Garden board! ;) :p :)

I hope you had a wonderful trip, Deb! :)

Here are Julie's lovely entries! :)

julieplanter1.jpg

julieplanter2.jpg

Thank you, Julie! :)

Anyone else?

Just found this container in the garden while I was cleaning up for the hurricane. I gave up on it early in the summer. The rose was origianlly named Jubilee but when it died I couldn't throw it away so I threw some petunia , ageratum and allysum seeds in there hoping it would do something.
245Jubillee-Isabel-med.jpg

I didn't even know what color the petunias would be because I've had them for years. Put my cintronella candle in it and left it to either bloom or die. Went to WDW, which was T-rific. Thanks Kim for asking.
245Isabel_collage.jpg

The rose is now named Isabel after the hurricane and the petunias turned out to be lavender solid and varigated, white, pink solids and the allysum is white and lavender.
245Isabel-planter-b.jpg

You know Deb, my "planned" containers, never look nearly as nice as the one you "threw" together. Not even knowing what colour the petunias would be, and look how it turned out....gorgeous!!! :)

Thank you! :)

I hope you and our other New Jersey Buds are keeping safe!!

Thanks Kim, I've had so many containers that didn't trun out it was encouraging to see one do well. Even if it was behind my back. I give all the credit to DH & his dirt ( or should I say soil). It's like garden gold dust. He can grow just about anything in it.

In honor of Halloween and the end of a very bad season for all containers. How about a container challenge (no prize) called
"The Ugliest, Worst, Weirdest Most Horrible Container"?
The only rule would be that it's still alive...even barely.
I know I have some real contenders:jester:

Garden gold dust....I like that! :)

OMG, if I posted pics of the majority of my containers and how they look right now, the" powers that be" would bounce me right off this board!! LOL....:o :jester: :o

Hmmm...I may have a pic to share. Not a new one, but still kind of weird! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter