~Container Challenge~

Snowwark

DIS Veteran
Open to all Buds, Lurkers, and anyone who loves to garden!

This is the plan, it's not an original one, I got the idea from another site...;)..but it should be fun!

What we'd like to see is a very original, unique, container planting. The gardener with the most unusual container, will win a prize. We will also have an honorable mention gift. Voting will be done via PM.

The deadline to post a pic of your entry will be sometime in early-mid August, the date will be announced soon.

Please, no washroom entries! No tickseed in the toilet, umbrella palms in a urinal, no bidens in the bidet. :)

If you're interested in participating, please sign up on this thread.

Come on gardeners, let's go to pot!!

:)

I'm in! Going to a trough planting next week...have a great old trough I found!
need to do a hanging planter for competition...yeah, it's all garden club....:rolleyes:

I'm in too. Mine won't be original or funny but hope it will look nice at least. :)

Well, since I'm going to do all container planters this year, I'd better join in too. Now I really WILL have to be creative! ;)

Did I mention that there would be a prize, a real prize? :eek: Not just another picture of a prize! :o

Anyone else? Everyone is welcome to enter! :)

I have NO unusual containers to plant!? I will look around and see if I can come up with something... but I just finished potting up all my patio containers... so not likely... BUT ... I am looking forward to seeing the entries... and casting my votes!

You have lots of time to find and pot up an entry, Laura. I have great faith in your creativity! :)

Up here, most of us haven't even begun planting our annuals. Very soon though, I hope. :)

bidens in the bidet ??? :p

Sounds like fun. I have no unusual container but I will be doing planting the containers I do have and I am trying to be more creative in what I plant (thanks to this garden board). No more pink impatiens in my containers only, nosirree bobbie - I wish to EXPAND my horizons... and my containers....

I'm in.

HMMM....this could be fun! I'll get back to you...:D

I planted mine up today, I think it's going to come out good. A few last minute things to do to the outside of the planter and I'll be finished. Then sit and wait till it fills out.

I have a GREAT idea for this, but Chris won't let me do it.....:(

Time to ~bump~ this up!

How are your containers coming along? Don't say too much, don't give away the surprise! :)

Olena, I hope you were able to change Chris's mind?

For those of you who have decided to give it a grow, remember, you'll have to send me your address (in case you win..:)). Feel free to send it to me via PM whenever you'd like.

Kim

No I wasn't. He was adamant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter