Contemporary Suites Permits

I couldn't get the link to work, but I read the other day on the resorts board that people were making reservations for the North Wing for December. That pretty much deflated any DVC hope I had left!

I don't know why the link wouldn't work. Go to http://my.sfwmd.gov/ePermitting/PopulateLOVs.do?flag=1 and do a search for Disney. Under the Contemporary Suites, there are several files showing. There is a 6.2 MB file under applications that shows plan drawings and discusses DVC replacing the North Wing. I know that these rumors have been dismissed, but the application is dated November 6 and was approved January 3. Only time will tell, I guess.

Wow!

Seems to fly in the face of the recent denials of it's existence. This is from the PDF (excuse the screen capture crudity):
121933081-M.jpg

Note the 'Mickey head' Spa and big water slide.

Looks like the originally leaked drawings:
87865144-M.jpg

grim pirate:

Quote from the application:

The project is a proposed Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Resort that will be built at the Contemporary Hotel in Walt Disney World, Florida. More specifically, the site of the new construction is the existing north wing of the Contemporary Hotel. The existing hotel wing includes a series of three story buildings plus landscape areas, walkways and support facilities. This construction will be demolished to accomodae the new project. A site vicinity map is included on Figure 1.

The new building will be a sixteen story tower that will be generally crescent shaped. The building will be located to the northwest of the existing tower as shown on Sheet 1. Foundation loads are anticipated to be in the range 1,000 to 2,000 kips. The foundation will be subjected to lateral loads and overturning moments from wind forces. We understand that the groung floor of the building will be constructed close to existing grade (i.e. no basements are planned for the project).

And that's all I'm going to type. Please excuse any typos ;)
Nice find Mama2Matthew!
grim pirate:

The 227 KB file under Applications includes additional info from the survey company and is dated 12/04/06. I had thought there might be a timing issue, but much of the info in these permits is far after the VAKL was announced. Here's hoping!

Thanks for posting the quotes, Grim!

<Great & Powerful Oz>

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

</Great & Powerful Oz>

I love it. Thanks for the laugh.

This is the second best news I've heard today. The first being that Disney passed on ROFR on my 175 point BWV contract. Maybe I can recover from the cost of this purchase in time to add on to CRV.

This is so exciting!

OK ... the links are not working. Can you tell me what you are using for your seach criteria?

OK ... the links are not working. Can you tell me what you are using for your seach criteria?

Geez, I don't know what's wrong with the links- they work for me. I just search for Disney under company name and change the date perameters so there aren't as many entries.

Thanks! I was searching for "Contemporary" under "Project Name" and it wasn't coming up.

Thanks for the link.

I also found Appl #060713-12, Project Name: DVC @ The Contemporary Construction Trailer Compound. Hum, DVC and The Contemporary were in the project name. Very interesting....

Didn't Caskbill have a thread recently where it completely dismissed this?

If so I wonder what his take will be on this.

Some posters said Disney cancelled DVC at the Contemporary at the last minute.

Look at the current permits. Compare AK (known DVC developement) with the Contemporary:

Appl No#: 061106-23
Project Name: Dvc @ Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
Oper Entity: Walt Disney World Hospitality & Recreation Corp.

Project Name: Disney'S Contemporary Suites
Oper Entity: Walt Disney World Co Inc

A better question, is Disney going to be building hotel suites in the N Wing. We have All-Star Suites. Disney is continuing to market the Contemporary as a convention hotel. Suites may be part of the non DVC plan.

edited to say permit applications prior to November 2006 seem to mention DVC and the later applications no longer mention DVC. That supports the theory that DVC at the Contemporary was cancelled.

Some posters said Disney cancelled DVC at the Contemporary at the last minute.

Look at the current permits. Compare AK (known DVC developement) with the Contemporary:

Project Name: Dvc @ Disneys Animal Kingdom Lodge
Oper Entity: Walt Disney World Hospitality & Recreation Corp.

Project Name: Disney'S Contemporary Suites
Oper Entity: Walt Disney World Co Inc

A better question, is Disney going to be building hotel suites in the N Wing. We have All-Star Suites. Disney is continuing to market the Contemporary as a convention hotel. Suites may be part of the non DVC plan.

Why, oh why did you have to rain on my VCR (Villa's at the Contemporary Resort) parade. Well like all wayward technology (pun intended!:laughing:) I guess the VCR has fallen into Bay lake. I guess I will just have to go romp with the aminals!! :hippie: Yep, that's right aminals- in my world the sky is green and the grass blue..."aminal crackers in my soup"...Gotta get back to work... must work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter