Contemporary Suites Permits

tjkraz - thanks for the info. What feel likes another lifetime ago, I worked in timeshare, so I do know what you're talking about. Some of the maintenance issues are inevitable. I guess I was just wondering whether it is a big enough problem at DVC specifically to really detract from the experience. That, and since it is inevitable (with the high occupancy), I don't see how it would be any less an issue if they created a higher-end DVC at CR as we are speculating about here. Unless they'd be somehow pricing themselves out of the market, I would think CRV would have pretty high occupancy, too. Anyway...

tidefan is right - sorry if I've contributed to taking this thread off track! I'll sit patiently now and wait for more "real" CRV news. ;) :hourglass

That, and since it is inevitable (with the high occupancy), I don't see how it would be any less an issue if they created a higher-end DVC at CR as we are speculating about here.

The idea of this speculation would be that the higher price would mean the timeshare room would be treated like a hotel room (cleaned daily, etc) and that the refurb, deep cleaning, and replacement cycles would be shorter due to the higher buy-in price and higher maintenance. This would allow it to be an upscale timeshare... again - all speculation.

Chris

Tide - your guess is as good as any! You may be right in that the top 2-3 floors may be reserved for something 'special'.

Of course if Tide = Crimson Tide you are probably completely and totally DEAD WRONG!!! :lmao: :lmao:

GO GATORS!

ROLL TIDE CHRIS!!!!

Undergrad and Masters from The University....

(BTW - I was rooting for ya'll against OSU both times. Can I assume that you will be rooting for us against FSU in September?)

ROLL TIDE CHRIS!!!!

Undergrad and Masters from The University....

(BTW - I was rooting for ya'll against OSU both times. Can I assume that you will be rooting for us against FSU in September?)

Absolutely! You guys have a great future with Nick (although we'll gladly keep Urban!)

My wife is undergrad from UF - I'm converted (I think it's written in the marriage agreement). I'm actually a Billiken (St. Louis University) - so there isn't much conflict.

Go Gators and Go SEC!

On June 27th,2007 I posted the following on this thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1149328

Post #7
Yes, people do spend that much a night for a suite.

You would be surprised how many people book suites.

I think Disney does not have enough suites for the demand.

That is why it would not surprise me if Disney renovates the North Wing at the CR and put in Suites instead of converting it to a DVC.

Sorry DVC'ers it's just my thoughts I have no inside info.

----------------------------------------------

Time will tell.:hourglass

Wow!

Seems to fly in the face of the recent denials of it's existence. This is from the PDF (excuse the screen capture crudity):
121933081-M.jpg

Note the 'Mickey head' Spa and big water slide.

Looks like the originally leaked drawings:
87865144-M.jpg

grim pirate:

I only hope they make the pool bigger - seems small for the size of the building.

either be a CRV or some kind of mixed use building as those have been discussed in previous posts.

My guess (NOTE: This is purely a guess and is probably as wrong as can be, but...) is that MOST of the building will be a DVC. I have seen where this building will be 15 or 16 stories. My completely uneducated guess is that the whole project was slated to be a DVC and then someone got the idea to make the top few floors something like "penthouse" suites, akin to skyboxes at football stadiums. Want to schmooze your clients, take them up to the corporate suite, serve beer, wine, and appetizers, watch Wishes from the balcony, then close your deal.

So I think that maybe the upper floors get taken as a Disney "skybox" and the 10 or so lower floors are designated as DVC.

Again, I am probably way off base...

I agreed although that is what I am afraid of - Disney has taken from DVC before - anyone remember the fireworks room at BWV - where we would meet....

although this time I am sure Disney would put it in the contract - I thinked they got sued over the BWV.

nice to see another Bama person.

War Eagle!!!!

oh forgot when the entire building was to be a DVC - AKV was not in the picture. when it became clear that AKV would be easier to go up than CRV - it got priority. that doesn't mean the CRV won't be done - it just has to wait at while....

yea that is a good one!!!

Hopefully the ENTIRE building will be a DVC - although sharing just the top few floors would be fine. Just don't want to find that the DVC part doesn't look at the MK - while the CR part does.... that would make me mad enough not to buy it.

that is my big fear. especially with Disney so slow to announce to the outside world what is going up.

don't you love the signs - they still have this site is being rehab..:rotfl: :happytv: :lmao: :rotfl2: :laughing:

first time a complete building removal was considered a rehab.:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter