Convinced the hubby he won't die on the flight to Disneyland. A May PTR

Thanks PIO.
We only have one weekend until we go, so I don't think we'll make it to the Vic Market (I haven't been in ages), but will probably make it to Dandenong or Carribean markets, which have similar stuff. I know Vic market has heaps more, but it's a bit further for us.

The last time I headed to the US, I had 9 packets of Tim Tams in my bag. A colleague of DH wanted some. I declared it all and there was no issue taking it across.

And we've also not had any issue taking chocolates and lollies either.

I second PIO-taken a range of dried goods into US and declared them just in case-no problems and especially not tea/biscuits/chocolates. Our dude last trip just kept pressing us to confess we had some Tim Tams hidden away (this trip not) that we didn't want to share & told us to bring him a pack to share with immigration staff next visit as they just get to drool as they watch them go past.

When you declared them, did they open your bags and look or did they just ask you what you had? I've never declare anything going into the US before.

Wendy would they really take a packet of Tim Tams if you offered it to them? I'm taking so many and would happily give them a packet on my way through.

Thanks for the ideas. I will definately put in a couple of packs of Tim Tams. I also thought maybe some Furry Friends chocolates (the ones with the Australian Animals on the wrappers). I'll have a look around for some more ideas.

I've also got some clip on koalas and Aussie pins I'll take too.

We always have food we take into and out of the States and every other country we've been. Never had a problem. It's always chocolates, lollies, biscuits etc, so all commercially packaged.

I am taking some goodies for the staff at our hotel too (as we are staying for quite a while). So far I have Tim Tams, Bags of Cherry Ripes and some bags of caramello koalas (all on sale at Woolies at the moment).

When you declared them, did they open your bags and look or did they just ask you what you had? I've never declare anything going into the US before.

Wendy would they really take a packet of Tim Tams if you offered it to them? I'm taking so many and would happily give them a packet on my way through.

I am taking some goodies for the staff at our hotel too (as we are staying for quite a while). So far I have Tim Tams, Bags of Cherry Ripes and some bags of caramello koalas (all on sale at Woolies at the moment).

In all my trips, whenever I've declared food (including Vegemite), no one has every asked me about anything or asked to see the food item. :thumbsup2

In all my trips, whenever I've declared food (including Vegemite), no one has every asked me about anything or asked to see the food item. :thumbsup2

Oh cool, so do you just put it on the landing card thingy and that's it? Or do they ask you as you are going though the declare or not declare aisles if you have food? Are there seperate declare and no declare lines at LAX? I can't remember. I always just tick no as I really don't recall taking food in the past. This time I will be taking a bit though..

Oh cool, so do you just put it on the landing card thingy and that's it? Or do they ask you as you are going though the declare or not declare aisles if you have food? Are there seperate declare and no declare lines at LAX? I can't remember. I always just tick no as I really don't recall taking food in the past. This time I will be taking a bit though..

I can't remember either. They've gone from 2 cards to one card and I can't remember which card it was.

No....I'm pretty sure I ticked it on the card in November because I had all those Tim Tams with me. I can't remember if I listed out the item or just got asked at customs.

There was no separate declare/no declare lines in LAX.

I just tick food items on the card. I'm pretty sure they ask what kinds of food, and when you say sweets, chocolate etc, they just tell you to go straight through.

I think in all of my travels, I have only once ever had to open my bags. Can't even remember where that was.

When we came back from Thailand, the customs lady asked if we visited the elephant farm and whether we had bought the photo frame. Of course we had as it was a gorgeous 'recycled paper' frame. The kids were in hysterics when she told us she'd have to confiscate it because it was made of elephant poo!!

Will let you all know what they do with my food declaration when we arrive in LAX.

Aussietravellers, I'll head to Woolies tomorrow for some cherry ripes and Caramello koalas. Didn't even think of them. Thanks.

As others have said just ticked box on whatever the form was and they asked at entry and when we told them just waved us through-no checking. I also need to pop into Woolies tomorrow for some stocks for the rellies!

5 more days, 6 more sleeps!

I finally got the suitcases out and have thrown in a few things. Will do more during the week.

Went to the supermarket and got Tim Tams, Caramello Koalas, Furry Friends, Choc coated Australian macadamias, and koala shaped Australian Eucalyptus drops. Hope the Hojo staff like chocolate!

Starting to have trouble sleeping. Let's hope I can make it through to Saturday happy and healthy.

5 more days, 6 more sleeps!

I finally got the suitcases out and have thrown in a few things. Will do more during the week.

Went to the supermarket and got Tim Tams, Caramello Koalas, Furry Friends, Choc coated Australian macadamias, and koala shaped Australian Eucalyptus drops. Hope the Hojo staff like chocolate!

Starting to have trouble sleeping. Let's hope I can make it through to Saturday happy and healthy.

Same here.... (Packing / sleeping)
So excited!!!
I know a few people whose bags have gone AWOL recently so have decided to "cross pack" (half of my clothes in his bag / half of his in mine)

Today. Printed Ridemax plans, changed Minnie and Friends ressie due to Ridemax plans, got all the medicines etc out we need to take, realized there is an awful lot of medicines etc we need to take.

Last day of work tomorrow. Yippee!!

Friday to freak out.

Dreams last night about checking into the Hojo....over and over and over again:faint:

We're here. It's now day 3. First time I've had a chance to be on the iPad. The flight over was as expected. Virgin is pretty good. We got the seats we requested. This time we found the snacks. Packets of chips, cans of soft drink, and my son said sushi too. Meals were as expected. Hot meal at about 1pm (Aus time), sandwiches at about 7pm, then 'breakfast' at about 11pm. Very weird!

Went into Disneyland for about an hour or 2 on Sunday Arvo, but it was sooooo chockers, we left. Lots and lots of Grads. Had dinner at Millies, which was quite nice.

Hojo: We arrived here (after picking up the car) at about 11am. Our Kids Suite was already ready. Very impressed. Our friends arrived at about 9am. Their standard room was not ready until about 3.30pm. They weren't impressed!! Our kids suite is great. 2 rooms. Kids room with bunk beds and fold out sofa, tv and bathroom. Our room with king bed, tv and bathroom. Each room has a small bar fridge, big enough for bottles of water etc. the pool is quite nice and the splash park was a hit with the kids. Lots of Aussies here.

Went to Disneyland yesterday. Did the Minnie's in the park character breakfast which was a hit. Lots of characters.

Used a Ridemax plan which was brilliant. My one recommendation if going to Disneyland is....do not go without Ridemax. We got on so much with very minimal wait (Max about 15 min wait) even on a Sunday. We saw the parade and stayed for fireworks. Boy I love those fireworks.

Did California Adventure today. Went at opening (but resort guests had early entry). Followed Ridemax again, and it was perfect. Got on everything we wanted with a few extra rides thrown in. Did Radiator Springs Racers for the first time ever. It was pretty good, but not something I'd wait in line for for over about 30 mins. We had fast passes and waited maybe 15 mins. Carsland was good if you've seen the movie, but I think would be brilliant when we see it
It up at night.

Will do Disneyland tomorrow with a full day plan on Ridemax. Will do early entry and get the fantasyland rides done before official opening. Hope things go as well as they have been.

Oh yeah, we had a mini photo shoot with one of the Photopass photographers. He took heaps of different photos, lots of magic shots, and even took us over near tomorrowland to get photos in front of the Astro Orbiter and Matterhorn. Will hunt him out again.

Day 5 just over. We did Disneyland on Ridemax yesterday, and as expected, it was brilliant. We got so much done.

We went to an Angels baseball game last night which was interesting. Pretty boring to those of us who don't follow baseball, but definately worth it to go for the experience. Apparently it was a great game to go to. The Angels won, 12-0, with a few home runs and fireworks to celebrate. A few interesting locals to watch too!

Today was the friends last day, so we just finished up our last few rides at both parks. Went to Cars land to wait for the lighting of the neon. It comes on at dusk, so best bet is to ask what time that is, before sitting and waiting for an hour!

We saw some friends from home at California Adventure this morning. We were onto our 6th ride, they were on their 2nd. They had waited in the standby line for RSR at Carsland. It's amazing how much I've learned from the Dis!

A well earned sleep in planned for tomorrow.

Day 5 just over. We did Disneyland on Ridemax yesterday, and as expected, it was brilliant. We got so much done.

We went to an Angels baseball game last night which was interesting. Pretty boring to those of us who don't follow baseball, but definately worth it to go for the experience. Apparently it was a great game to go to. The Angels won, 12-0, with a few home runs and fireworks to celebrate. A few interesting locals to watch too!

Today was the friends last day, so we just finished up our last few rides at both parks. Went to Cars land to wait for the lighting of the neon. It comes on at dusk, so best bet is to ask what time that is, before sitting and waiting for an hour!

We saw some friends from home at California Adventure this morning. We were onto our 6th ride, they were on their 2nd. They had waited in the standby line for RSR at Carsland. It's amazing how much I've learned from the Dis!

A well earned sleep in planned for tomorrow.

Sounds like you are having a great time :) . Can I ask what your tactics were for getting the RSR fastpasses? Did you go there at right at opening time? Did you have to queue for long to get the passes?

Hi Caroline,
We went by our Ridemax plan. We all went straight to Toy Story Mania. Then the rest of the group did Mickeys Wheel of Death while my husband went to get fast passes. He waited in line for about 10 mins. He said the line was long, but went fast. The return time was about 3.30pm. We walked past the fast pass machine at about 11am and the fast passes were all gone.
I think it worked perfectly.

Hi Caroline,
We went by our Ridemax plan. We all went straight to Toy Story Mania. Then the rest of the group did Mickeys Wheel of Death while my husband went to get fast passes. He waited in line for about 10 mins. He said the line was long, but went fast. The return time was about 3.30pm. We walked past the fast pass machine at about 11am and the fast passes were all gone.
I think it worked perfectly.

Thanks Shaz, sounds like a plan. Might have to invest in Ridemax myself :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter