Convinced the hubby he won't die on the flight to Disneyland. A May PTR

Forgot to say, we did Goofys kitchen for dinner last night. It was pretty good, but not as good as Minnies breakfast. The interaction was pretty good. Minnie kept coming past and kissing the kids on the head, and the others were pretty playful. Belle came over in her plain blue dress (not her princess dress) and we didn't know who she was! She had to introduce herself. We also saw Aladdin, but I don't like face characters. I just never know what to say! We saw Pinocchio at Minnies, who we hadn't seen before, so that was pretty exciting. I never cared for pinocchio before, but he is such a cheeky little fellow, I fell in love with him.

Today we had a bit of a sleep in and had our last breakfast with the friends who were leaving for San Diego today. We went to Mimi's which was really nice. we ended up back there for dinner tonight as it's directly across from Hojo. If you plan to visit Mimi's, join their eClub about a week before you go. You get 4 free muffins. They are huge and delicious!

Went shopping today, just around the local area. The Character Warehouse is absolutely not worth doing, we were dissapointed with the Sketchers outlet because they didn't have anything we wanted in our sizes (we bought about 5 pairs there last time). Went to Marshalls and got some skate brand and sport brand clothes for the kids. Target had Lakers stuff on sale, so my youngest son was very pleased. We dropped into the Big 5 Sports store just to look at all the guns that we could purchase if we so desired.

We had In N Out burger for luch, and it was delicious as usual.

That was it for today, other than my Nanna nap this arvo!

Loving your TR especially the photos. How did the other family like DL & CA? You've got me thinking I may need to look into ridemax for CA. A 30 min ride wait is about the max for my DS before things get ugly. I'm really looking forward to seeing Carsland in Sept/Oct. It seems like it's been a real game changer for CA. Keen to know about your change in accom.

Loving your TR especially the photos. How did the other family like DL & CA? You've got me thinking I may need to look into ridemax for CA. A 30 min ride wait is about the max for my DS before things get ugly. I'm really looking forward to seeing Carsland in Sept/Oct. It seems like it's been a real game changer for CA. Keen to know about your change in accom.

Hi Minniemum, you absolutely have to get Ridemax. I swear we haven't waited longer than about 15-20 mins on any ride, and that's only a couple of times.

Our friends loved Disneyland and CA. They were amazed how we were getting through so much and walking on by all the people in long lines!

We went back to Carsland tonight after dark, and Oh My, it is amazing. Daytime is ok, but nighttime cannot be explained. It really does feel like you're there. We got a Fastpass for RSR this morning at about 10.30am and it was for 7.40-8.40. We wanted to ride at night. I absolutely loved it. Such a different ride to daytime. We rode earlier in the week, but the photos weren't working. When we rode tonight just our photo didn't work! I asked one of the CM's if we could ride again to try to get a photo, fully expecting to get back in the Fastpass line (which was only about 10mins anyway), if she even said yes. Well, she walked us right back to the front of the line and we rode again. Loved it again, and we even got a photo! You will love it.

We had heard of this condo on Tripadvisor and liked the idea of a more homey accommodation. We could only get it for our last 9 nights, so booked Hojo for the first 6 nights. This worked well because our friends were with us in another room at Hojo for 5 nights. It is a great condo. We walk across the road, past the parking lots, through Downtown Disney, and we're there. We even took the tram from the parking lot today, which saves legs, but probably not time. I'll try to add some photos if you're interested.

Off to Hollywood tomorrow.

Hi Minniemum, you absolutely have to get Ridemax. I swear we haven't waited longer than about 15-20 mins on any ride, and that's only a couple of times.

Our friends loved Disneyland and CA. They were amazed how we were getting through so much and walking on by all the people in long lines!

We went back to Carsland tonight after dark, and Oh My, it is amazing. Daytime is ok, but nighttime cannot be explained. It really does feel like you're there. We got a Fastpass for RSR this morning at about 10.30am and it was for 7.40-8.40. We wanted to ride at night. I absolutely loved it. Such a different ride to daytime. We rode earlier in the week, but the photos weren't working. When we rode tonight just our photo didn't work! I asked one of the CM's if we could ride again to try to get a photo, fully expecting to get back in the Fastpass line (which was only about 10mins anyway), if she even said yes. Well, she walked us right back to the front of the line and we rode again. Loved it again, and we even got a photo! You will love it.

We had heard of this condo on Tripadvisor and liked the idea of a more homey accommodation. We could only get it for our last 9 nights, so booked Hojo for the first 6 nights. This worked well because our friends were with us in another room at Hojo for 5 nights. It is a great condo. We walk across the road, past the parking lots, through Downtown Disney, and we're there. We even took the tram from the parking lot today, which saves legs, but probably not time. I'll try to add some photos if you're interested.

Off to Hollywood tomorrow.

Oooh yes...photos please! :goodvibes Good job getting to ride RSR again.

Some photos of our condo

The lounge

kitchen

kids bedroom

main bedroom

kids bathroom with bath

main bathroom

downstairs powder room

Yep, the condo is great. It's on Walnut, so just across the road from the parking lots. The walk to Disneyland hotel is about 10 mins, strolling, and then just down Downtown Disney. Maybe another 10 min stroll. Doesn't seem long at all. One time we caught the monorail from Tomorrwland (which exits just near DLH). Another day we walked to the parking lot and caught the tram. Probably similar times, the latter 2 just save the legs.

I think the condos are called Pepperwood village, but I found it through another Aussie on Tripadvisor. The lady who owns it, Britta, has it on VRBO.com. It is property number 418164.

The outside of the condos look a little old, but the inside is newly renovated and really nice. It comes with a parking lot, and there's also a garage we can use as its not being used at the moment.

An update on our day......shopping on Memorial Day Weekend. Wow, the crowds, but even more, Wow, the bargains. Great day!!

Yep, the condo is great. It's on Walnut, so just across the road from the parking lots. The walk to Disneyland hotel is about 10 mins, strolling, and then just down Downtown Disney. Maybe another 10 min stroll. Doesn't seem long at all. One time we caught the monorail from Tomorrwland (which exits just near DLH). Another day we walked to the parking lot and caught the tram. Probably similar times, the latter 2 just save the legs.

I think the condos are called Pepperwood village, but I found it through another Aussie on Tripadvisor. The lady who owns it, Britta, has it on VRBO.com. It is property number 418164.

The outside of the condos look a little old, but the inside is newly renovated and really nice. It comes with a parking lot, and there's also a garage we can use as its not being used at the moment.

An update on our day......shopping on Memorial Day Weekend. Wow, the crowds, but even more, Wow, the bargains. Great day!!

We are staying on one of Britta's other Anaheim condos in Oct. Very similar interior decorating to the one you are in :-)

Thanks for that! Glad you enjoyed the shopping :)

We are staying on one of Britta's other Anaheim condos in Oct. Very similar interior decorating to the one you are in :-)

She has a great taste for interior design. I assume she's the one who decorated. We haven't had any problems at all, and as I said, there is basically nothing you need that isn't here.

A few more photos. hopefully I'm not doubling up. Will add more recent ones when I get them off the camera.

Carsland with DJ in the middle

Pixar Play parade at DCA

The castle

View from Tarzans treehouse

The kids at the baseball

Lightening outside Cozy cones

Candy apples

our hats

If you have young kids, you may recognize these 2. One is from Shake It Up, amd the other is from Austin and Ally (she's Ally)

Yesterday we went to the Memorial Day sales. We went to Citadel Outlets. Boy it was busy. They had police manning the exits to keep traffic flowing.

Today we did Disneyland in the morning. A nice relaxing day (if it can be that while sharing it with 100,000 other people!) It was so busy, but we didn't have anything on the agenda. We did Nemo and Space, wandered around, found Big thunder Ranch (that we'd never even seen before), and had lunch at Village Haus. We then walked back to our Condo via World of Disney, and parted with some money there!

Tonight we went to Sonic Drive in for dinner. You drive up and order while in the car and they bring your food to you. I must say, it was crap! Then we visited Walmart (again)

Great photos. The condo looks amazing too. Looks like you are having a fantastic time.

My daughter just saw these photos and was sooo jealous. we were there on Memorial Day last year - she was wonders why they weren't there when we were there!!

Just read about how they evacuated toon town cause an explosion of dry ice in a bin. Where u there when that happened?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter