Copper Creek Selling March 8

The thing I don't buy about these KILLER MF's being attributed to the cost of maintaining the cabins is that isn't the case with the Poly Bungalows. One would assume the bungalows would cost more to maintain yet the PVB dues are significantly lower than those at CCV... and PVB owners actually got a refund of over $1 a point each of the last two years making them one of the cheaper MF's of all resorts. Granted, there are more cabins than bungalows so I suppose that factors into it but IMO these dues are crazy high to open the resort and for the life of me I just can't understand why. One thing for sure is they will keep me from buying (I am waiting for the new DVC I hope they are building at the new flagship hotel at Disneyland :)).

Also I agree with Skier Pete's concern about the room distribution. As a family of 5, I love Poly because our ENTIRE family of 5 can stay in one studio and maximize our points if we so chose (although people say its crazy to put 5 in a studio, its no problem for us, especially with the 1.5 bathrooms and larger rooms at PVB). Compare that to needing a 2 bedroom at CCV just to be able to stay there.... Thats a complete deal breaker for me. In adventure season that's 16 points a night versus 37!!!!! Thats just insane. And with 38% of the points going to cabins and studios Pete is right, there better be some rich buyers at CCV.

Last edited:
The thing I don't buy about these KILLER MF's being attributed to the cost of maintaining the cabins is that isn't the case with the Poly Bungalows. One would assume the bungalows would cost more to maintain yet the PVB dues are significantly lower than those at CCV... and PVB owners actually got a refund of over $1 a point each of the last two years making them one of the cheaper MF's of all resorts. Granted, there are more cabins than bungalows so I suppose that factors into it but IMO these dues are crazy high to open the resort and for the life of me I just can't understand why. One thing for sure is they will keep me from buying (I am waiting for the new DVC I hope they are building at the new flagship hotel at Disneyland :)).

DVC has kept the points required to stay in the CCV rooms at the same level of VWL/BRV which is against the recent trend and clearly less than the poly studio and bungalow nightly point requirements. Therefore, less points per night to stay in the CCV rooms versus poly means less points to allocate the costs to. That equals higher MF for the CCV points, IMO.

Also I agree with Skier Pete's concern about the room distribution. As a family of 5, I love Poly because our ENTIRE family of 5 can stay in one room and maximize our points if we so chose (although people say its crazy to put 5 in a studio, its no problem for us, especially with the 1.5 bathrooms and larger rooms at PVB). Compare that to needing a 2 bedroom at CCV just to be able to stay there.... Thats a complete deal breaker for me. In adventure season that's 16 points a night versus 37!!!!! Thats just insane. And with 38% of the points going to cabins and studios Pete is right, there better be some rich buyers at CCV.

Poly studios require more points and the Bungalows require a LOT more points than the cabins. The dues are spread out over more points for each room.

Bungalows and Cabins

Bungalows
115x6.14=706.10
Adventure week 841x6.14=$5163.74

Cabins
87x7.33=637.71
Adventure week 639x7.33=$4683.87

I am not a member (yet?), but I will be checking-in to the WL this weekend. Would they possibly sign a non-member up for a tour before they are actually selling to them on April 5th? Or would they most likely send me over to PVB to speak with someone there?

I am not a member (yet?), but I will be checking-in to the WL this weekend. Would they possibly sign a non-member up for a tour before they are actually selling to them on April 5th? Or would they most likely send me over to PVB to speak with someone there?

I think they'll let you tour but any purchase would have to wait. In the past I think they've done paperwork and then held it or else just done paperwork once the timeframe has opened.

Poly studios require more points and the Bungalows require a LOT more points than the cabins. The dues are spread out over more points for each room.

Bungalows and Cabins

Bungalows
115x6.14=706.10
Adventure week 841x6.14=$5163.74

Cabins
87x7.33=637.71
Adventure week 639x7.33=$4683.87

Ok that that makes sense, and ties back into a PP's "three legs" concept.... The problem is that I can transfer my Poly points out to any resort that requires less points per night to offset that, and my dues still remain reasonable. A CCV owner is going to be stuck paying exorbitant MF's regardless of where they stay, less points per night or not. I suppose they could just buy a contract with less total points, but that will handicap them when trying to stay at the nicer resorts. By buying enough points to stay in a lake view studio for 1 week a year at PVB, I know that I have enough points to stay in a studio at ANY resort on property for 1 week a year. If you only get enough points for a studio 1 week a year at CCV, your options to transfer out without banking and borrowing are going to be limited, another reason this resort doesn't seem to be a good fit for "studio buyers".

Seems like a lose/lose for the CCV owner by DVD deciding to charge less points per night but more in dues and the same price per point... Basically I would rather point inflation than MF inflation because the former can be worked around.... or am I missing something else here? Im sure I probably am, lol.

Seems like a lose/lose for the CCV owner by DVD deciding to charge less points per night but more in dues and the same price per point... Basically I would rather point inflation than MF inflation because the former can be worked around.... or am I missing something else here? Im sure I probably am, lol.

I guess the only thing you are missing is that if you travel at popular times you may not have much option to stay at other resorts. Still it surprises me Disney has made some of the choices they have made with CCV. Clearly they have been doing this for a long time and have gotten a lot of feedback from Members and potential Members. I don't see any reason why the CCV 1 bedrooms only sleep 4. Even if you have a family of 4 you probably would prefer it sleep 5 since not all kids like sharing a bed, etc. Also if they had found a way to keep the MF under $7 that probably would have helped psychologically. I was expecting $6something. CCV seems like a nice resort for the ultra rich that will be primarily staying in the cabins, but that's not the majority of owners, and everyone else is stuck paying for cabins they may never use.

For me Poly is looking like a good option again if I want to buy direct. Otherwise I'll buy resale somewhere with one bedrooms that sleep 5.

I think they'll let you tour but any purchase would have to wait. In the past I think they've done paperwork and then held it or else just done paperwork once the timeframe has opened.
Thank you! I figure while I am there it couldn't hurt to check! I have been researching DVC for over a year now and am seriously considering a resale VGF contract with an Oct UY, but will do a direct add-on somewhere and while I love Poly, I do want to see these newly finished rooms. Pictures only go so far!

Ok that that makes sense, and ties back into a PP's "three legs" concept.... The problem is that I can transfer my Poly points out to any resort that requires less points per night to offset that, and my dues still remain reasonable. A CCV owner is going to be stuck paying exorbitant MF's regardless of where they stay, less points per night or not. I suppose they could just buy a contract with less total points, but that will handicap them when trying to stay at the nicer resorts. By buying enough points to stay in a lake view studio for 1 week a year at PVB, I know that I have enough points to stay in a studio at ANY resort on property for 1 week a year. If you only get enough points for a studio 1 week a year at CCV, your options to transfer out without banking and borrowing are going to be limited, another reason this resort doesn't seem to be a good fit for "studio buyers".

Well, I wouldn't be buying Poly to trade out anywhere as you're still putting more up front on the table than needed vs resale and you still would have to buy the extra points for stays at PVB compared to buying to stay at most of the other resorts that require fewer points. For the occasional stay elsewhere it's no big deal of course. So IMO if talking about PVB it compares similarly to CCV - buy to use it there or else go resale for something more economical. And with the buy another resort approach it comes with the possibility of not being able to trade to the other spots you definitely want to. But like PVB Bungalows and other GV's across WDW I think the cabins and GV's will be available for other resort holders at times - probably a lot of times.

SSR resale to stay at the cabins. Buy in would be less than 1/2 of either PVB or CCV and dues for the stay this year for adventure season would be $5.60 x 639=$3,578.40 vs $4683.87 for CCV owners or $3,923.46 MF's for PVB owners.

I'm not convinced that PVB won't be seeing a jump up in MF's though. The buildings used there were over 30 years old and the siding and roofs were not replaced with the new build. And the Bungalows are in some of the toughest maintenance conditions - over water. Only time will tell on MF's. When I bought SSR was lowest, OKW was next and AKV was going to shoot thru the roof per predictions. Now OKW and AKV are neck and neck. BCV was more than VWL and that switched a few years ago. BLT and VGC came in with very low MF's but higher point requirements but they both have caught up to the same MF's as SSR. They all move around.

I just can't understand why you would pay $176 per point to stay in a 20 year old renovated building, when you can buy resale at $90 per point for the same amenities.

I don't really see much difference between a 20 year old remodeled building and a 17 year old building that has not been remodeled as yet. Perhaps another 25 ½ years of more vacations, might be a consideration, as you are getting a 50 year contract with CCV and if you buy VWL your contract ends January 31, 2042. Or perhaps GVs or cabins could be what attracts an owner. I like the look of the rooms at CCV and I think the studio will be perfect for DH and I. But to me the annual dues for CCV at $7.33 per point would make me hesitate on buying in.

So - this may be a silly question that's been answered before, but I still don't completely get it...if there is a 2-bedroom lockoff, Disney is saying points for a studio in say dream season are 120 points a week for a studio, and 255 points a week for a 1-bedroom...but showing only 318 points for a 2-bedroom. That's 375 points to rent the room when it's split up, but 318 points as a 2-bedroom - a 18% difference.

I know all the other resorts do something similar, where the 2-bedroom rate is 10 - 20% less than the separate lock-off rates but it's always seemed crazy to me - how do they represent the points for those rooms in sales of points? They must represent it as a 2-bedroom, right? Otherwise they would be selling too many points if they were used as 2-bedrooms.

Particularly at this point, I think they use existing booking data of lock-offs as a 2BR vs. separated units, and set the actuaries on it.

So you are suggesting it's somewhere in between.

The other thought was I wondered if you could use the relative differences between the studio/1-bedrooms and the 2-bedrooms to detemine how many lock-offs, but even I am not nerdy enough to try a figure out THAT calculation.

So you are suggesting it's somewhere in between.

The other thought was I wondered if you could use the relative differences between the studio/1-bedrooms and the 2-bedrooms to detemine how many lock-offs, but even I am not nerdy enough to try a figure out THAT calculation.
It's like insurance rate tiers. Actuaries do strange voodoo, sacrifice some old Duffy Bears by the dark of the moon wearing nothing but stained underwear and Mickey Ears, and come up with some legally defensible but absolutely baffling calculation that somehow makes sense to someone.

I know all the other resorts do something similar, where the 2-bedroom rate is 10 - 20% less than the separate lock-off rates but it's always seemed crazy to me - how do they represent the points for those rooms in sales of points? They must represent it as a 2-bedroom, right? Otherwise they would be selling too many points if they were used as 2-bedrooms.

I looked into that issue for a couple of the resorts, namely BWV and AKV, and found that the total saleable points applicable to a 2BR lock-off was determined based on what it would take to reserve the room as a 2BR throughout the year, not as a 1BR and studio. I have not checked the other resorts but am guessing it is the same.

I think I like the decor, at least most of it. I love the headboard in the Master Bedroom, and the big geode window between the bedroom and bathroom. I agree the dressers are not great. I love that the table in the 1 and 2 bedroom is large enough for 6! Yay. I especially love the big stone fireplace and screened porch with hot tub in the cabins.

I think a buy in is so expensive that my DH will say no way. I will have to use my SSR points to try to stay here, but I am looking forward to it.

I was just there last week and ate at Geyser Point. It is really beautiful, but does not have near enough seating. You have to order from outside and then they deliver your food to you after you sit down. Most of the seating is lounge style. I sat at the bar, and the bartender said most people don't want to share a table or a couch, so there is a lot of unused seating with couples. I wouldn't really want to share either. He said they tried to put more tables out along the sidewalk but the fire marshal said it was a hazard so they had to remove them. Maybe once the pool opens some people will take their food over there. It is open, and I was there on a Lovely day, but if it is hot, or cold, or raining, I don't think it would be too fun. A cast member said that they do have heaters and screens, so that is good to know.

I saw the railroad tracks, the water tower, etc. Everything looks really nice. I'm excited to stay here someday!

To those of you who buy points - I am jealous! Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter