Copper Creek Selling March 8

I have to admit that I like the look of the of the CCV rooms. And I really like that CCV villas will have room width balconies, although I would not want one of the 6th dormer balconies. I am not that comfortable with the small balconies at VWL and SSR and some of those at BCV, and BWV where you have to ask the person sitting near the door to move so you can go back into the room.

I think the cabins having the screened porch is a fabulous idea. And I know the hot tubs will be popular, but the maintenance expense will be high. Also the fireplace looks nice, will it really give off heat? Somehow I wonder if the fireplace will one of those things where they have problems that the guests forget to turn it off when they leave the room, wasting natural gas, and making the utility bills climb.

So with March 8 being the date they begin sales, which use year gets the benefits of the previous years points at purchase?

So with March 8 being the date they begin sales, which use year gets the benefits of the previous years points at purchase?

They don't give anyone the "previous" year's points. They do give people the points for the use year they're actually in when they buy - and then claim they're giving them a bonus.

So if someone buys on March 8, they'll get either 2016 or 2017 UY points depending on whether their UY started in 2016 (April through December UY) or 2017 (January through March UY).

They don't give anyone the "previous" year's points. They do give people the points for the use year they're actually in when they buy - and then claim they're giving them a bonus.

So if someone buys on March 8, they'll get either 2016 or 2017 UY points depending on whether their UY started in 2016 (April through December UY) or 2017 (January through March UY).
Are you sure that Disney will offer April 2016 or even June 2016 points? I suspect that Disney will not go back any further than August 2016.

I remember quite a few threads of people switching away from WL due to the construction. I'd think it did have an effect on the occupancy.
Yes, as an owner, I have avoided staying at my beloved lodge for 2 years now. But no more, October I will return! Most of the construction should be over and I am really looking forward to my stay, the new pool and CS.

Are you sure that Disney will offer April 2016 or even June 2016 points? I suspect that Disney will not go back any further than August 2016.

Oh heavens no! I was just trying to explain how, no matter what UY someone bought, Disney could say they were giving them the "previous year's" points!

Based on past experience, how quickly do DVC resorts sell out? We have a trip planned later in the year and we are interested in this perhaps buying into this resort.

Based on past experience, how quickly do DVC resorts sell out? We have a trip planned later in the year and we are interested in this perhaps buying into this resort.

It has varied significantly among the resorts but you can likely assume you have at least two years after the resort starts selling before initial sell-out (even after being sold-out, the resort has sales from Disney via points it recovers either through exercise of the right of first refusal on any resales or via foreclosures for failure to pay loans or dues). Poly went on sale in early 2015 and is still being sold. What you cannot assume is that the current price will be the same even six months form now and it can actually change up or down -- if a resort is selling well, Disney is usually aggressive in raising prices; if it is not selling well it can be aggressive in lowering the price by raising discounts off the sale price that vary according to how many points purchased.

Last edited:

I would be surprised if they offer any 2016. When VGC opened in September, the first use year offered was June. I have an April use year and that turned me off, having to wait almost a year.

........(snip)........ Also the fireplace looks nice, will it really give off heat? Somehow I wonder if the fireplace will one of those things where they have problems that the guests forget to turn it off when they leave the room, wasting natural gas, and making the utility bills climb.
Easy enough to put a timer on the switch - similar to the ones you see on hot tubs for the "bubbles".

You probably have a few years. VGF sold out in about 2, and that is one of, if not the smallest DVC reorts...

Not to mention, you do have the Poly on sale as well. As of the end of December, the Poly sold 58% of its points. So that is probably going to be on sale for 2 more years too. It could take 3 or 4 years easily for Copper Creek to sell out...

I would be surprised if they offer any 2016. When VGC opened in September, the first use year offered was June. I have an April use year and that turned me off, having to wait almost a year.
Its possible Disney could offer 2016 points to buyers of Copper Creek.

The Polynesian Villas & Bungalows sales started in January 2015 and opened on April 1, 2015. Disney offered points beginning with June, offering those owners points beginning June 2014. April was the last Use Month to receive its initial allocation, with points beginning April 2015. By using that approach, Disney made sure that all owners, regardless of Use month, had received their initial allotment of points by the time PVB opened in April 2015.

However, when the Villas of Disney's Grand Floridian sales stated in May 2013, Disney took a different approach. The resort opened on October 23, 2013 but the only owners to have their initial allotment of points available by opening day were the April, June, August, September, and October owners -- their points started with the 2013 Use Year. December owners received points beginning December 2013, while February and March owners dis not receive their initial allotment until February 2014 and March 2014, respectively. So, . the last three groups of owners did not have 'current' Use Year points when VGF opened.

Disney could go either way with Copper Creek. It could give points as early as August 2016, assuring that all owners have points when the resort opens on July 17, 2017. Or it might decide to limit it to just six month in the past, resulting in February 2017 being the earliest Use Month to receive points.

Someone has already reported they are getting December 2016 points with their purchase of Copper Creek points, so Disney might be liberal in its allotment of points.

Yes - I have March UY and missed both PVB and VGF by a month and it actually did influence our decision not to add on. Was hoping we would be included this time.

I'd like to buy on April 4 and get 70 in my June UY in hopes to get 70 2016 points (also have Aug UY and can do that but prefer June). Then I will use the 140 to book for March 2018.

(Laughing) - the real sell out date is: Never. How we know - we bought a DVC contract directly from Disney in 2011.... at the "sold out" VWF, now Bolder Ridge :).

Hugh? HOW?

Well, first? We just told DVC that we were not buying unless they HOMED us at VWL. Oh, they TRIED to get us to buy elsewhere.... didn't work. No VWL? No sale.
Then? DVC dug up all the points needed out of their constant ROFR, forclosure, etc "point slush fund". And we GOT our right-from-Disney DVC membership, HOMED at the resort we love.

So - don't worry :). I doubt that ANY DVC property is "sold out", as in "unavailable for direct Disney DVC purchase". :).

Resorts to sell out and many times there are not any points available. DVD is constantly reacquiring points through ROFR or defaults. However, it doesn't mean that they will have the number of points you want nor the UY. People were on a wait list for BCV for months a few years ago.

I believe it was Iger that announced at an annual meeting that they were updating resorts to be more in the industry norm. Boy are they ever. :sad2:

I stay enough at the industry norm and do not want this bland look from Disney. Tasteful themed updates would be nice and of more interest for me. Without it one of the enjoyments of onsite is lost and that may be neutral at best and perhaps a negative because I know what they could do and used to try to do.
Yes. By this time, after all the refurbishments and new construction, it's obvious that Disney is modernizing more and being less thematic. Cost-cutting, changing tastes, lackluster design teams--whatever the reason(s), the uniqueness of the resorts is slowly fading. A sleeker, more modern look can be had at any decent hotel in any city. I prefer unique at Disney--it used to be their way.

Yes. By this time, after all the refurbishments and new construction, it's obvious that Disney is modernizing more and being less thematic. Cost-cutting, changing tastes, lackluster design teams--whatever the reason(s), the uniqueness of the resorts is slowly fading. A sleeker, more modern look can be had at any decent hotel in any city. I prefer unique at Disney--it used to be their way.

I like the themed approach, but I also realize it means making custom ordered furniture, linens, etc. which add to costs and fees over time for maintenance, cleaning, and replacement. I am fine if the resort itself is themed and the room is clean, modern and functional, and possibly kept up to date for a longer time.

I like the themed approach, but I also realize it means making custom ordered furniture, linens, etc. which add to costs and fees over time for maintenance, cleaning, and replacement. I am fine if the resort itself is themed and the room is clean, modern and functional, and possibly kept up to date for a longer time.

You wouldn't even notice the difference. For the capital costs spread out over all points at a resort for custom furniture I'd guess we're talking a fraction of a penny per point.

It doesn't even have to be custom per se - furniture manufacturers are producing all kinds of pieces that would fit in with various themes that Disney might use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter