Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

If you read this you will understand why we still are far off from cruising

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article243180861.html

That was really eye opening. Single occupancy cabins for crew, face mask throughout, and all public venues closed- and that’s JUST for crew only ships right now. The big lines still had almost half their crews to repatriate, and Covid is still circulating on some of the ships. That does not sound like an industry ready to welcome vacationers in 60 days.

That was really eye opening. Single occupancy cabins for crew, face mask throughout, and all public venues closed- and that’s JUST for crew only ships right now. The big lines still had almost half their crews to repatriate, and Covid is still circulating on some of the ships. That does not sound like an industry ready to welcome vacationers in 60 days.

Plus they'll need to do a deep clean/sanitize stuff once they have repatriated all of their crews. Then get new crew in. There's still a lot left for some to do just to get their crews home.

I see Magic sailings are our until Oct 12 however they are still offering large discounts on short 3/4 from PC starting in August very interesting

So it looks like the new discounts for the Magic don't include any of the Bermuda sailings, just the first Caribbean sailings in November. I'm guessing they may not be confident that Bermuda will allow ships in. Looks like our October HOTHS cruise will be canceled too, although like others I am hoping they release Fall 2021 dates for booking soon.

What happens to my OBB advantages if Disney cancels my cruise before I'm PIF ?
I still have a month before PIF for the EBPC cruise and I'm not sure if I want to cruise in november.
The 2 year OBB date would include my next cruise in 2021, so will disney just apply the discount to that cruise? or are all my advantages lost?

DCL just officially cancelled all Disney Magic sailings through to and including the October 2 2020 transatlantic sailing.
I would be surprised if the dry dock is on schedule. Meyer Werft has said they will be operating at reduced capacity for new builds, and, while I’m not sure who is scheduled to do the work on the Magic, I assume they will also be impacted by reduced capacity. DCL may already know what that revised schedule is and that it won’t be finished by October 2.

I would be surprised if the dry dock is on schedule. Meyer Werft has said they will be operating at reduced capacity for new builds, and, while I’m not sure who is scheduled to do the work on the Magic, I assume they will also be impacted by reduced capacity. DCL may already know what that revised schedule is and that it won’t be finished by October 2.

The Magic Dry Dock is scheduled for Cadiz, Spain 18 September to 1 October

although she did arrive late due to Covid, the Allure is there now undergoing her dry dock. Hopefully this is a sign that the Magic will be able to have hers done this summer also.
Do you know how far behind they are? I can’t find the schedule online.

Do you know how far behind they are? I can’t find the schedule online.

Well they completely changed the dry dock...
It's now literally just a dry dock, which is the bit that has to happen, the amplification isn't happening, which is what would have taken the majority of the time.

I was glad to see, at least from this set of data, that none of the ships except the Wonder experienced any COVID-19 cases.

I found all the data in the click through to be interesting. MSC had the highest % of ships affected but they were also the only ones that self reported all the cases included in this article. All other lines had reporters find cases that hadnt been reported. Now reported to who is a good question, if its just to this publication then I can understand the lines having other things to focus on ATM. If it was reporting to some sort of regulatory committee then that is much more unsettling.

Well they completely changed the dry dock...
It's now literally just a dry dock, which is the bit that has to happen, the amplification isn't happening, which is what would have taken the majority of the time.
What are they going to do about those extra concierge cabins they already sold?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter