Countdowns to sailing - Navigator app on land

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
DCL's, that is.

My Navigator app says that in 45 minutes (because it's currently Dec 8 at 11:45EST) it will be 90 days until my next sailing. But my reservation says I can't start online sign in until Dec 10, which, by the app's count, is 89 days. I think the app is wrong, not the DCL website, but I can't figure out why.

Anyone else have this problem or the answer to the creative math someone's using?

Last edited:
because the app uses the clock also
This. It says 90 days and XX hours, XX minutes, and XX seconds until the cruise. So it will always be a day less than what we would round up to. At midnight Eastern Time it will be 90 days and zero hours so that is when it is exactly 90 days until your cruise and officially Silver check-in day. No creative math involved, just more specific math.

This. It says 90 days and XX hours, XX minutes, and XX seconds until the cruise. So it will always be a day less than what we would round up to. At midnight Eastern Time it will be 90 days and zero hours so that is when it is exactly 90 days until your cruise and officially Silver check-in day. No creative math involved, just more specific math.
I think that's what I said only in a shorter way

:headache: Argh! In my excitement, all I saw was the 90 days!!!! lol! I forgot about all the hours that lead up to them. Thanks all. And if there was a 'facepalm' emoji, I'd be using it now.:oops:

But tonight.... I'll be up doing my check in. YAY!:dumbo::donald::mickeyjum

I think that's what I said only in a shorter way
It is. I just took what you said and then said it in a longer way. Just like the DCL app takes "91 days" and makes it longer "90 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes, 10 seconds" ;) (I feel far too proud of myself for that comparison)

@FigmentSpark Hope the check-in went well. Don't worry, if this is the worst facepalm moment you have had this week then your week went better than mine! :teeth:

Yep, all went well, except for my indecision about an excursion. As expected for a silver, no cabanas available, but we weren't going to try for one anyway. I did get a Palo brunch, which surprised me, and my pick of times with the Star Wars crew. There were Frozen and Princess times available, but sadly, I have teen boys. ;)

Yep, all went well, except for my indecision about an excursion. As expected for a silver, no cabanas available, but we weren't going to try for one anyway. I did get a Palo brunch, which surprised me, and my pick of times with the Star Wars crew. There were Frozen and Princess times available, but sadly, I have teen boys. ;)
I am glad all went well but don't be sad,go yourself! I was 53 on my last cruise and I enjoyed both. I loved my visit with Anna and Elsa about sisters the most...she told me I should buy my sister some chocolates

The DCL app countdown clock only shows a countdown to midnight (your local time) to the date you enter into the app, which may or may not be your cruise sail date. So, for those that are truly trying to use it for a countdown to your actual getting underway, it could be off by as much as 35 hours depending on where you live and the use of daylight savings time. For any form of check-ins, it occurs with respect to midnight Florida time on the morning of the set number of days before your sailing (or if you look at midnight the other way, it is as midnight Florida time the night before the set number of days before your sailing).

The princesses etc. will fall all over themselves with enthusiasm if you can convince your boys to go. They asked my sons specific questions and made them feel very special. Granted, some of the pictures show enthusiastic princesses and awkward smiles from the boys, but those are kinda great too. We got a time slot early in the day so the whole process with the 4 princesses took like 15 minutes. A bit more of a line for the Frozen one since it was a bit later, but again the interaction time wasn't TOO much of a burden on them. They did it because their mother asked them to, and I think they liked it quite a bit more than they thought they would. But of course, you know your sons best. Have fun!

What I know about my sons is that I'll be lucky to spend much time with them at all. They are both looking forward to their respective Edge/Vibe clubs. My youngest does want to do the Midship Detective Agency with me... or maybe he just wants to do it with friends. Hmmm... I'd better ask, so I don't get my hopes up.

I can imagine the princesses would love my guys, but they would be older women... and married to their respective princes. ;)

I can imagine the princesses would love my guys, but they would be older women... and married to their respective princes. ;)
OK, no Royal weddings... LOL

But, you know, confidence in a safe setting. TALKING to members of the opposite gender, even if they are older is good practice. And if all they can manage is "Um, Um, Ah..." well that's better than doing that on the dance floor at the High School too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter