Country Inn & Suites Calypso Way

Hi ncbyrne,
My family and I will also be staying there in May! We are busy counting the days!
:jester:

Bumping it up again!

I have been keeping my eye on this post and want to keep it near the top. I have already made a reservation for the Comfort Suites Maingate for our trip in May but have been considering this property as well. Great rates! I would love to hear from someone else who has stayed here before I make a commitment.

littleducksmom, I see you said that it's not more than 10 minutes to the Magic Kingdom. Was it an easy drive? Was there shopping nearby? Thanks!

Kris

I have some free nights saved up and this is one of my choices. The others are the LBV location, Radisson locations (LBV and Resort Parkway). I had posted about these but did not see a reply. Will bookmark this post and bump my original one :)

kapeppy,

this hotel is definitely worth the $54 we paid. i can only encourage you to stay there. granted it, there werent many people staying at the hotel when we were there, but the staff was always looking for ways to help. in a previous post i mentioned the man from st thomas who was taking care of the breakfast buffet while we were there. his name is gerry, what an excellent host. we met our maid in the hall one morning......she just wanted to chat and chat........asked several times if needed anything.....left all kinds of extra towels, toiletries for us. the staff wanted to do so much for us.....i think they needed more people there to take care of......:) . by the way tell gerry "hi" if you do stay there.

i am absolutely sure it took no more than ten minutes to any of the parks parking lots. the osceola parkway runs right beside this hotel. it does cost 50 cents each way to use it.....but when we were there in early december there was hardly any traffic on it.

535 is one stoplight away from this hotel also. we didnt go this way to disney, that i can remember, but i cant imagine it being much further this way to any of the parking lots. i am not sure which one would have more traffic on it....that could make a difference, maybe.

also 192 is not far from this hotel either, but i think it would take you a little longer this way to get to the parks.

we didnt do any shopping in the area while at this hotel......but i am sure there is shopping and restaurants on 192. that is not far at all. we ate at giordano's on 192 west and there was publix near to it. i would say this was within 10 minutes of the hotel.

if you have any more questions i'll try to help.

deb

I was just going to ask about this location. I just booked the suite for March 23-30 for $64. I hope it was a good choice...anyone else have a recent stay there? It sounds great! Please keep us posted!

Emmy

We just returned and I would highly recommend this hotel! Of course, it is brand new so it is very clean. We had a standard room with 2 queen beds. They have a nice wingback chair and a desk with 2 chairs also in the room. There is a microwave and a small refridgerator as well. The staff was very friendly, the continental breakfast was good and had a good selection of cereal, pastries, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, frozen waffles and french toast. The hotel was sold out the nights we were there so breakfast was quite crowded. The breakfast staff was very pleasant and friendly and kept it well stocked. The pool area is great. They have a small pool right outside the hotel with a nice patio area with tables. The waterpark style pool is in between the CI&S and AmeriSuites. (AmeriSuites also had a smaller pool). My kids, 9 & 8 had a ball at the pool. There is also a playground area and mini golf (not yet completed). They also have complimentary coffee and hot chocolate all day and cookies at night.

Littleducksmom is right about Disney, it is only about 5 minutes away. We did take SR 535 and it takes you by Downtown Disney and there are a lot of non Disney restraunts down there. There is an outlet mall on SR 535 just minutes from the hotel.

It's not the same as staying on Disney property and you won't get the "Disney" experience, but if you are looking for a great, offsite property that is VERY affordable, this is it!

welcome back disney dreamer.....glad to see your high recommendation for this hotel also. very much worth the price for an offsite hotel room, wasn't it?

did you get to meet gerry at the breakfast buffet? sounds like he would have been much busier than he was when we were there. that is a good thing. glad to see that the staff had guests to take care of.....they seemed like they were just itching to do have more guests at their hotel. i am glad to see things picking up there. i'll bet it was even busy enough that no timeshare salesmen were around......lucky you.....:).
did you notice any construction noise while you were there?

thanks for your report,
deb

Well, I guess I am the next to go March 23-30. Disney Dreamer, how was the construction? A lot of noise? I spoke to Jason at the hotel yesterday and he said the minigolf wouldn't be done by March either...Oh well. Any other info would be great (that you can think of) Thanks!

Emmy

I've found two different websites for this property. One gives a description of a "water park" style pool, which influenced my decision. We will be traveling with three children (8,8,4) and a child friendly pool is very important to us. We've got reservations here for May, but I didn't realize at the time that this property was still under construction. I'll have to make SURE that the pool is open for use during our stay, or I'll have to look for different accomodations.

Made ressies today at this great rate. I asked if the pools were complete and the reservationist claimed they were. I request our room be near the waterpark pool! Would love more details on the pool, as it is a MAJOR deal with my kids 8 & 11. Please let me know if you here any differently!

ncbyrne - could you post the web-sites where you got the details on the pool?

This is our first stay off-site, but it must be a budget trip, and with the lack of EE - this place seems more appealing than the All Stars! Appreciate everyones reviews!

Littleducksmom and Disney Dreamer ??
O.K. this may be a silly question but...How were the toletries (soap, shampoo...)? Was there a hairdryer? We will be there in 57 days and counting...

Thanks!!]

Emmy

emmy,

there is a hairdryer in the bathroom. as for toiletries...i can't remember what brands they were. but the maid gave us plenty. not as many types of toiletries that we received at the poly concierge(which of course of we more than paid for:).....but the standard hotel things....two types of soap, shampoo, etc.

hope you have a wonderful trip......let us know how your vacation goes.

deb

I'm considering booking the king suite. Could you give me some details as to the room layout? Does the bedroom have a separate door so that it is completely private? Also, did you try the hide-a-bed? Any details would be appreciated. I currently have reservations at the new Residence Inn for $105/night. The 2BR, 2B suite sounds great, but I'm always looking to save a few bucks. Do you think there would be enough room? My husband is concerned about privacy. We have two girls, 2 and 4, and would probably set them up on the hide-a-bed.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, my link to the DIS boards was not working so I thought the boards were still down! I'll try and explain how the buildings sit on the property and hopefully it will make sense! :D Picture a block letter C. The AmeriSuites would be on top, Country Inn and Suites at the bottom and the timeshare on the side. The BACK of Amerisuites and Country Inn face each other and the pool areas are in the middle. Both hotels have a basic "hotel" pool and the waterpark is in the middle. Each hotel pool is separated from the waterpark by nice shrubry. There is one hot tub by the waterpark pool and it is closer to Country Inn. The waterpark has a zero entry at the end closest to Amerisuites and as you walk deeper into the water (about 3 ft deep) there are two big crabs made out of cement that spray water out. The waterslide is near the hot tub area. You go up about 10 steps and its an open tube slide and it had one loop. My 8 & 9 year old sons loved it and had very creative ways of coming down, including pretending to surf down, which quickly caught on with all the other kids in the pool! An accident waiting to happen! (noone got hurt). There is also water spouting out on the other side of the pool but I can't remember exactly what it did as I didn't spend any time there. Next to the hot tub area is a playground with big toy as my kids call it and that is fenced in. There is also a bar by the waterpark pool, closest to the timeshare, but it was not open yet. There are tables and chairs and plenty of lounge chairs. There is a restroom near the zero entry side of the pool and another building, probably where they will have the stuff for the mini golf course which is in between that and Amerisuites. The minigolf was not ready yet.

The only negative thought I had was that the pool area would be really crowded if all three properties were full.

As for construction noise, we didn't hear any. We stayed there 3 nights 4 days but it was a holiday weekend so maybe they took time off. It looked to me like most of the work to be done on the timeshares was inside, as the outside is almost complete.

We were never botherd at all by timeshare salesmen in fact nobody even mentioned it to us. They do have a desk in the lobby and are offering park passes to different parks for $10.00 if you want to listen to their shpeal.

Just outside the back of the Country Inn, by the pool, they have a covered area with ceiling fans and tables and chairs set up. It is right ouside the breakfast room.

They are also putting in a basketball court somewhere at Country Inn but it was not yet completed. DH (works out 4 days a week at the gym) used the workout equipment and said it was great!

They do have hairdryers and toiletries and they also have coffee makers in the room.

Oh, I almost forgot! The kidsuites are DARLING! They are painted like a pirate ship with 2 tall beds on each side with drawers under them. The TV is at the end of the beds in the middle. They said they will not discount these rooms and they are $99 per night. The kids would really love them but after the cruise and 6 days at the parks, our wallet was very thin!

Sorry this is so long, but I was really curious about this property also, that is why I went into so much detail. I think you will be very pleased.

I hope I answered everything. Please post you thoughts after you return. I'm sure I'll be lurking here!

Have a great trip.

:cool:

I presently have reservations for Country Inn and Suites kidsuites at the discounted rate of $54 through valuetrips for September- I have the confirmation letter and all.

Is the kids area a seperate room or is it partitioned off- basicly one large room??

I am so excited about this propertly, it sounds great!

Thanks for the details of the pool, we all appreciate it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter