Country Inn & Suites Calypso Way

Do they offer transportation to the parks? If so, was it adequate and do they drop you off at the parks?

There was a reply about the "required" timeshare on this hotel on the Budget Board, the poster said they kept them 2 and a half hours instead of the requisite 90 minutes.

When I spoke to Faye Goldberg (hotel manager) she did say to me that a presentation is required if you book through them. However, if you use a broker (valutrips, etc..) that it MAY not be required, but the rate may change if you choose not to do the presentation.

AFter that conversation we decidied to go elsewhere..(although it broke my heart).

Cindy B's post made me a bit nervous as I don't want to take time out of my vacation to attend a time-share presentation nor do I want to be surprised by an increase in my room rate if I refuse. I e-mailed ValuTrips and got the following reply which I plan to print out and take with me :-) :

"Your reservation and Value Rate booked through ValueTrips.com for
the Country Inn & Suites Orlando Maingate does not require any
timeshare presentation. While there is a timeshare resort in the
development, it is separate from the hotel and your reservation
and rate are not linked to it in any way whatsoever."

That's the confirmation that I needed. I am--once again--looking forward to my stay.

Thank you charlie2969! I was beginning to feel a bit apprehensive about out stay here in May. This is just the information I wanted to hear, as we booked thru Value trips too

I booked our January stay direct through the hotel on the entertainment rate and we were never bothered at all about the Timeshare. Good thing!!

Can someone help me figure out what kind of room to book. There is my hubby and I and young adult son and daughter, so a suite with a king bed and sleep sofa will not do for us, unless they have rollaways. What kind of setup should we look for. We need two beds for the adult children and a bed for hubby and I. The other question is why isn't anyone booking the amerisuites that is at that location. Just wondering.

Deb.

I booked the Country Inn and Suites kids-suite. Ijust called the hotel and asked for the rate with the valuetrips code from the website: ( VALU) I got it for the suite rate of $54 a night. I heard earlier on this post that you couldn't get the kidsuite for the discounted rate, I didn't have a problem. The kidsuite has a king bed and bunk twins, in a seperate area- also tv in each area, which was perfect for us and the kids. It also has the fridge and microwave.

I have reservations for this hotel in March and I noticed most of the replies are from people who have stayed in the "King Suite" or the "Kids Suite". I have a few questions for anyone who may have stayed in the double bed suite and any help or tips you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

does anyone know if there is there a seperate livingroom with the double bed suite or is it one room?

Is the refrigerator very small?

Are there two televisions?

Is the continental breakfast worth the stop in the morning?

This is our first trip to this particular hotel so any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much... Tom :)

I didn't know about this hotel until I read this thread. I just sent a request for a reservation through valutrips.com. We only need a room for 2 nights prior to moving to the VWL, so I really excited to find these rates with such a great looking pool area.

bump...

I also would like some info about the surrounding area. We have ressies here for May 25-31.

Hello everyone. My name is Faye Goldberg, Director of Sales for Calypso Cay Resorts. The Country Inn and Suites does not require a timeshare tour to reserve a room. Just call the hotel directly to make your reservation or use Valuetrips.com for some great deals. Either way, no tour is necessary. There are companies that do promote a hotel stay combined with a timeshare tour, but they state that in their advertisement and these companies are not affiliated with the hotel. I am always available at the hotel to answer any additional questions anyone may have.

I'm glad to hear this because my reservation was confirmed today through Valutrips and I have no interest in buying a timeshare.

this hotel complex is less then 10 min from the cross roads shopping center where Goodings grocery store is and the start of the street the hotel plaze is on and downtown Disney .GREAT LOCATION also to go to Walmart in kissimmee.

does anyone have the direct # to country inn & suites????
thank you,
lisa

Phone number to Country Inn and Suites Calypso Cay is 407-997-1400. This is from my letter of confirmation.

I just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel. We had a fabulous time. We stayed in a King Suite. If anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter