Covid Creativity

Last year I got a couple of painting kits from Michaels for Christmas so I finally did them this year. One was a reindeer with his head in a wreath with Christmas lights and the other was a polar bear sitting with presents and lights. I only have a picture of the polar bear because I gave the other one to my sister for her office and I forgot to take a picture of it. I do have to say that I think these kits are harder than painting a normal painting following an artist on you tube. They are a paint by number kit.
Here is my glitter bear and you guessed by my words that I have glitter all over my craft room.
PC141165 painted beasr.jpg

Oh I hope they aren't too hard. I just got one for an aunt who is housebound. I've got to make a frame for the canvas before I wrap it up and give it to her.

I figured it was something a little different from a puzzle (which she also loves doing).

Oh I hope they aren't too hard. I just got one for an aunt who is housebound. I've got to make a frame for the canvas before I wrap it up and give it to her.

I figured it was something a little different from a puzzle (which she also loves doing).
No actually not that hard but I am used to somebody telling me when to paint what and this is paint the background first then the rest of the pictures. I know I am spoiled. She will be fine and they are actually quite fun to work on. They give you instructions on how to mix the paint colours to get the different colours. Mine came with 4 primary colours - red, blue, yellow and green, plus white and black. It is a lot of paint because I used the paint from one kit plus some of my own paints to make the 2 kits.

I forgot to post the 2 ceramic Christmas kits I did. There is a grinch tree and we had to have the obligatory Hallmark red pickup truck. Has anybody who has watched Hallmark movies noticed that the red pickup truck is in almost all the movies? The Mickey candy store I bought at Canadian Tire.
PC261246.JPG

Standing in line to get some fabric cut the day before the stay at home order was to start so I can keep busy and I found the equivalent of the impulse buy candy at the grocery store, fabric that i NEEDED to buy 🤣 #thisisthewaytostopthespread
That is so funny that you posted this today as I was just shopping on the Lens Mill online store and I too found some funky material to buy. I mean I need more material like I need a hole in the head but I am going to order it anyway.

Finished this up last week. It was started in 2014 and put aside until this past fall.

It's going to find a home with DS2.
LOVE LOVE LOVE that!!!!!!! You did an awesome job!!!!!!!!! I have plans to use that same pattern to make a quilt for my sister in reds!

I will be starting on a quilt for the GD this weekend...I can't wait to lock myself in my project room and just sew and forget about alllllllllllll the crap going on around us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you. Pictures please when you finish your quilts and send them on their way to their new homes.

What happens when you're at Len's Mill (massive discounty type store with HUGE fabric department for the uninformed) and you're texting 2 different people and you send a picture to the WRONG person? You end up needing to make a mask for your son, the one with a FULL beard . He has always been a big time gamer and when he saw this he immediately shot back ... MASK ME UP!

Here's the beast (he'd kill me if i let him actually be seen!)
ben.jpg

Here is my latest upcycled project!!!! I posted it for sale on FB marketplace. Within just over an hour, it was sold. I also had someone who kept messaging me, while I was waiting for the person to pick up, asking if the buyer had picked it up yet lol I guess I should have put a higher price on it. But I buy my items for cheap, so I can sell them for cheaper as well. That way I still make a little money for the time put into them. but honestly, it is just a creative outlet for me. If you want to see how I actually painted it, and are in instagram you can check out my instagram page that I have started just for my projects. It is " relovedbyCindy " if you want to check it out :flower:

My next project is a solid smaller highboy dresser. I snagged it for $35.00. it has a little damage on one corner, but once it's painted, you won't even notice it. Stay tuned to see this one. I knew right away what it ould look like!

Attachments

• PXL_20210312_033736293.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210312_033736293.PORTRAIT.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 8
Here is my latest upcycled project!!!! I posted it for sale on FB marketplace. Within just over an hour, it was sold. I also had someone who kept messaging me, while I was waiting for the person to pick up, asking if the buyer had picked it up yet lol I guess I should have put a higher price on it. But I buy my items for cheap, so I can sell them for cheaper as well. That way I still make a little money for the time put into them. but honestly, it is just a creative outlet for me. If you want to see how I actually painted it, and are in instagram you can check out my instagram page that I have started just for my projects. It is " relovedbyCindy " if you want to check it out :flower:

View attachment 562725

My next project is a solid smaller highboy dresser. I snagged it for $35.00. it has a little damage on one corner, but once it's painted, you won't even notice it. Stay tuned to see this one. I knew right away what it ould look like!
following you now! I think you might be the 6th or 7th that I'm following, new to that!

E1F30B24-ED83-418D-A2CA-BB749A0DD70D.jpeg5F87D749-B612-489A-8B2F-2D42791E55AC.jpeg

My newest top for me is nearly finished! I was out staying with my parents for almost 2 weeks as my mom had to have surgery so I went to lend a hand and got to take advantage of the gorgeous backdrop for my FO pictures. While I was visiting we booked a family Disney Alaskan Cruise for May 2022 (over my dad’s 69th birthday) and now I finally, FINALLY have Disney on the horizon!

Love the top and that view. If I had a view like that I would never leave.

There's a lot of intricate work in that sweater. I'm too easily sidetracked to manage something like that. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Had to dig to find this thread but wanted to share what i did today. Signed up with the store i bought my sewing machine from to take an online class on quilting with a walking foot. GAWD, even the prep was daunting but I soldiered on, with a bit of muttering and digging thru the scraps from my mask making to get a small (good grief even the wording is like a foreign language to me!) "quilt sandwich" I must admit I'm rather pleased with myself and might be pushing myself to do more of this! Not 1/2 bad for a first attempt??

Had to dig to find this thread but wanted to share what i did today. Signed up with the store i bought my sewing machine from to take an online class on quilting with a walking foot. GAWD, even the prep was daunting but I soldiered on, with a bit of muttering and digging thru the scraps from my mask making to get a small (good grief even the wording is like a foreign language to me!) "quilt sandwich" I must admit I'm rather pleased with myself and might be pushing myself to do more of this! Not 1/2 bad for a first attempt??
That is lovely and I am partial to purple as well so I love the colours and patterns

You did a great job Jacqueline. Be very proud of your first effort. It looks like that of a veteran quilter. Keep up with the use of the quilting jargon.

Have you thought about what your are going to do with your sampler?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter