CP 201_: a thread for college program hopefuls who have to wait a few years.

Thanks for sharing your college credit experiances :) Anyone hear of someone who was able to do the program their sophomore year and graduate on time due to ap credit? (For anyone who doesn't know advance placement classes make you eligible for college credit depending how you do on your ap exam)

Thanks for sharing your college credit experiances :) Anyone hear of someone who was able to do the program their sophomore year and graduate on time due to ap credit? (For anyone who doesn't know advance placement classes make you eligible for college credit depending how you do on your ap exam)

I've seen about 2 people on here who've said they did it. If you had enough AP credits from high school its possible. I think you need at least 1 in math, 1 in lit, 1 in a type of social studies, and 1 in science to be able to graduate college on time and still do the program.

[/QUOTE]Magic Kingdom for sure. Number 1 pick. Anywhere and everywhere in that park lol it's going to be AMAZING once the expansion is done. But I'd also love Epcot for Entertainment. Being friends with a character in World Showcase would be totally awesome.[/QUOTE]

Epcot would be cool too. The World Showcse is so pretty :) I've seen Snow White in Germany before ;)

I've seen about 2 people on here who've said they did it. If you had enough AP credits from high school its possible. I think you need at least 1 in math, 1 in lit, 1 in a type of social studies, and 1 in science to be able to graduate college on time and still do the program.

I have everything but the science :mad: oh well maybe I could take classes over the summer or something. I agree it would be amazing to work anywhere in the park!

I have everything but the science :mad: oh well maybe I could take classes over the summer or something. I agree it would be amazing to work anywhere in the park!

Most people at my school get it when they're seniors. You could try doing that unless you're already a senior.

I think it depends, too, on what classes your college requires you to take. Where I go to school (West Virginia University), we are required to take TONS of general classes. It's insane. I highly doubt anyone at my school could go and still graduate on time. But if your school doesn't require as many, and you have some AP credits, it's possible. Your best bet would be to look into what courses your prospective college requires and figure out where your AP credit fills in. Then you can probably tell by what's left over if it would be possible to do the program and still graduate on time.

Most people at my school get it when they're seniors. You could try doing that unless you're already a senior.

Get an ap science credit? That definitly won't happen for me, I'm not a science person.

Belladisneydncer- Thanks for your advice! I think it would work out with one of my prospective colleges. I definitly think you'll get a character performer! :)

Looking at the colleges is a good idea :) Then you can kind of get an idea about which college you could do it at. Even if you couldn't graduate on time, you could still do the CP after you graduate. Just apply while you're still a student. :)

This may not be the right thread to ask this on, because it's a pretty random question but, has anyone heard of someone who was able to do the cp their sophmore year and still graduate on time? I was wondering because some schools don't accept the credits from the classes you take when doing the cp.

I'm answering this super late but that's my plan, actually! I did bring in quite a few AP/dual-credits from high school, which is definitely a big help.

So the plan is as follows: Fall Advantage CP sophomore year, study abroad junior year, and go back to Disney in some capacity after I graduate (CP, PI, whatever).

But yeah... check out my blog for more info about how successfully that goes and a little bit of Entertainment info. :thumbsup2

I'm answering this super late but that's my plan, actually! I did bring in quite a few AP/dual-credits from high school, which is definitely a big help.

So the plan is as follows: Fall Advantage CP sophomore year, study abroad junior year, and go back to Disney in some capacity after I graduate (CP, PI, whatever).

But yeah... check out my blog for more info about how successfully that goes and a little bit of Entertainment info. :thumbsup2

Thanks, I will definitly! On anathor note I just realized that there will be at least two new disney princess who will probably be face characters when our time rolls around...

On a kinda unrelated note, who/how/when does disney create new face characters, sorry that's kind of random, just curious.

Thanks, I will definitly! On anathor note I just realized that there will be at least two new disney princess who will probably be face characters when our time rolls around...

On a kinda unrelated note, who/how/when does disney create new face characters, sorry that's kind of random, just curious.

Two? I know of Rapunzel but hadn't heard of another... fill me in! lol

And do you mean when do they decide they're going to be in the parks? I know that they started looking for performers to play Princess Tiana at least a few months before the movie premiered. She's a landmark character, so I'm sure they were absolutely driven to get her into the parks. People were very excited to meet this new princess. It all probably depends on how much buzz is going on around the new character.

Two? I know of Rapunzel but hadn't heard of another... fill me in! lol

And do you mean when do they decide they're going to be in the parks? I know that they started looking for performers to play Princess Tiana at least a few months before the movie premiered. She's a landmark character, so I'm sure they were absolutely driven to get her into the parks. People were very excited to meet this new princess. It all probably depends on how much buzz is going on around the new character.

The Bear and the Bow one I can't think of her name...I'm pretty sure she's going to be the first Pixar fairytale and voiced by Resse Witherspoon. She's a scottish princess btw.

Yes, and I guess I'm just interested in how casting brings the character alive so to speak (the pixie dust ;)), from costume design to mannerisms.

The Bear and the Bow one I can't think of her name...I'm pretty sure she's going to be the first Pixar fairytale and voiced by Resse Witherspoon. She's a scottish princess btw.

Yes, and I guess I'm just interested in how casting brings the character alive so to speak (the pixie dust ;)), from costume design to mannerisms.

oh I did hear about that one! Well that's exciting! lol

I'd be very interested in learning how that works, too. I bet they work a lot with some of the original animators.

*just looked it up- her name is Merida (at least according to wikipedia lol)

[/QUOTE]Yes, and I guess I'm just interested in how casting brings the character alive so to speak (the pixie dust ;)), from costume design to mannerisms.[/QUOTE]

Back when they had just finished the fairies I read somewhere that its a long process. They do meet with a few animators and they bring in costume designers and buyers, wig makers, cosmetologists, etc. It took almost a year to finish all the prototypes for all the fairies. I'm trying to find where I saw that, but I can't. :headache:

Cool thread!

I'm a junior in high school right now, but I'd love to do the CP when I get to college. I'm hoping to either work attractions, or merchandising. I would be happy with any park. I'd also love to be Alice or Wendy, does anybody know the height requirements? I'm 5'3 and I'm not sure I'll get much taller.

Very excited to get to college and get started!

Cool thread!

I'm a junior in high school right now, but I'd love to do the CP when I get to college. I'm hoping to either work attractions, or merchandising. I would be happy with any park. I'd also love to be Alice or Wendy, does anybody know the height requirements? I'm 5'3 and I'm not sure I'll get much taller.

Welcome! :) I also want to audition for Alice and Wendy! The heigt ranges for them are 5'0 to 5'2 I believe. If you're 5'3 Disney could definitely measure you down an inch because they do that all the time :)

Cool thread!

:welcome:

We're glad to have you! I think you're in a pretty good height for those two girls. Disney does measure a little shorter than you think you are or what your doctor says- why is that? I have no clue :confused3 Just think short when you get measured :goodvibes it may sound silly- but it works.

So I've read through this thread, and since it pretty much applies to me, I decided to go ahead and post.

I'm Amy, and I'm a senior in high school. I've pretty much decided to do the CP sometime during my sophomore year, which would be either Fall 2011 or Spring 2012. I'm planning on majoring in education, at University of Texas, Texas A&M University, or Baylor University. I'm still not sure where I'm going next year, haha. Leaning towards A&M, but it could change.

I first heard of the College Program about a year ago, but thought nothing of it until about two months ago, when my friends and I were joking about moving to Disney World to escape all the stress of senior year. I remembered the CP, and went home that day and researched pretty much everything I could about it. And now I'm obsessed. :)

Like pretty much everyone else, I would love to do entertainment. While I don't have a ton of experience with theatre, I've been dancing for thirteen years, and I'm planning on continuing with dance in college. I've got experience with pretty much every style of dance, minus ballroom.

I'm 5'10", possibly a little taller, but not much. Not the best height range to be in, but I'm hopeful. My dream would be to do a parade or show, but I'm very aware that that's pretty much next to impossible for a CP.

Well, that's pretty much it. Sorry it was so long, I just love Disney and wish I could do the program already! :rotfl:

Yes, and I guess I'm just interested in how casting brings the character alive so to speak (the pixie dust ;)), from costume design to mannerisms.[/QUOTE]

Back when they had just finished the fairies I read somewhere that its a long process. They do meet with a few animators and they bring in costume designers and buyers, wig makers, cosmetologists, etc. It took almost a year to finish all the prototypes for all the fairies. I'm trying to find where I saw that, but I can't. :headache:[/QUOTE]

If you ever find it post the link, I'm very intrested.

Welcome ajaz and snow white! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter