CP 201_: a thread for college program hopefuls who have to wait a few years.

Like pretty much everyone else, I would love to do entertainment. While I don't have a ton of experience with theatre, I've been dancing for thirteen years, and I'm planning on continuing with dance in college. I've got experience with pretty much every style of dance, minus ballroom.

I'm 5'10", possibly a little taller, but not much. Not the best height range to be in, but I'm hopeful. My dream would be to do a parade or show, but I'm very aware that that's pretty much next to impossible for a CP.

Well, that's pretty much it. Sorry it was so long, I just love Disney and wish I could do the program already! :rotfl:

First off: :welcome:

Welcome to the thread and to the madness that is a Disney obsession :rotfl:

I think even though you're taller you could still have a good shot at a dancer position. I don't know if they're strict on heights for that or not. (Someone else may know better on another thread...) But if you have experience, you're definitely on the right track. It's not impossible for a CP to be a dancer in shows or parades. I had a friend who just completed the program. She's a great dancer and she started out in Fur Characters, then was trained for the Christmas parade as a dancer. So it's definitely not impossible! And your height is good for some of the fur characters. Maybe even Maleficent, too- but don't quote me! So I think you have a pretty good shot at entertainment!

See- mine was long, too. lol we don't mind here.

I graduate high school in 2011 so I am hoping to start in Spring 2012. I don't want to do Fall because I don't like having to work on Christmas.

So I've read through this thread, and since it pretty much applies to me, I decided to go ahead and post.

I'm Amy, and I'm a senior in high school. I've pretty much decided to do the CP sometime during my sophomore year, which would be either Fall 2011 or Spring 2012. I'm planning on majoring in education, at University of Texas, Texas A&M University, or Baylor University. I'm still not sure where I'm going next year, haha. Leaning towards A&M, but it could change.

I first heard of the College Program about a year ago, but thought nothing of it until about two months ago, when my friends and I were joking about moving to Disney World to escape all the stress of senior year. I remembered the CP, and went home that day and researched pretty much everything I could about it. And now I'm obsessed. :)

Like pretty much everyone else, I would love to do entertainment. While I don't have a ton of experience with theatre, I've been dancing for thirteen years, and I'm planning on continuing with dance in college. I've got experience with pretty much every style of dance, minus ballroom.

I'm 5'10", possibly a little taller, but not much. Not the best height range to be in, but I'm hopeful. My dream would be to do a parade or show, but I'm very aware that that's pretty much next to impossible for a CP.

Well, that's pretty much it. Sorry it was so long, I just love Disney and wish I could do the program already! :rotfl:

WELCOME! :flower3:

In dancers, height doesn't matter as much. It only matters a little bit. You could definitely have a shot at a dancer. :) I have read of CP's that were trained. Its not impossible. :)

First off: :welcome:

Welcome to the thread and to the madness that is a Disney obsession :rotfl:

I think even though you're taller you could still have a good shot at a dancer position. I don't know if they're strict on heights for that or not. (Someone else may know better on another thread...) But if you have experience, you're definitely on the right track. It's not impossible for a CP to be a dancer in shows or parades. I had a friend who just completed the program. She's a great dancer and she started out in Fur Characters, then was trained for the Christmas parade as a dancer. So it's definitely not impossible! And your height is good for some of the fur characters. Maybe even Maleficent, too- but don't quote me! So I think you have a pretty good shot at entertainment!

See- mine was long, too. lol we don't mind here.

You're right. She does have a good height for the villians. Maybe not Maleficent (She's around 6'0 I believe), but possibly the Evil queen or Cruella. I've read that Goofy maybe getting a bit shorter soon (around 5'10, right now hes about 6'0), so maybe when her CP rolls around she could be "friends" with him. :)

)

YAY Tall People! (I'm 5'9.5") :)
and I'm not done growing. My doctor says I've got a few more inches he thinks :scared1:.

welcome new posters! we're so glad to have you here!
:goodvibes

Our CP's may be far away, but our love for disney stretches far beyond our years!

I'm going to WDW in 31 days and, let me tell you, I'M SO EXCITED!
Whenever I see a CP I'll ask them all about their experience, and whenever I see a character or parade performer I'll imagine myself in their place! :)

welcome new posters! we're so glad to have you here!
:goodvibes

Our CP's may be far away, but our love for disney stretches far beyond our years!

Whenever I see a CP I'll ask them all about their experience, and whenever I see a character or parade performer I'll imagine myself in their place! :)

Haha :) I'm going in September and December, so I can't wait! Those trips may be a ways away, but I don't care! Haha:)

Thanks to everyone that welcomed me! :goodvibes

You're right. She does have a good height for the villians. Maybe not Maleficent (She's around 6'0 I believe), but possibly the Evil queen or Cruella. I've read that Goofy maybe getting a bit shorter soon (around 5'10, right now hes about 6'0), so maybe when her CP rolls around she could be "friends" with him. :)

I would LOVE to be "friends" with Goofy. Although Donald is my favorite character, that's clearly never going to happen, unless Donald magically grows a foot, hahaha. And being an evil character would be super fun, as well.

YAY Tall People! (I'm 5'9.5") :)
and I'm not done growing. My doctor says I've got a few more inches he thinks :scared1:.

Yay! I love being tall, but it does have it's downsides. I'm pretty sure I'm through growing, but it's not impossible; I've got several relatives over 6'5" so you never know...

Have fun on your trip! I've only been to WDW twice, in second grade, and then again two years ago, but both times have been amazing. Let us know all about it! Have you been before?

Sadly, I have no future trip planned for the moment. :sad1: However I can't say I feel like I'm missing out on anything because I just went this past summer, and had numerous trips as a kid. BUT, my family recently joined the vacation club, so there might be a trip sometime on the horizon... but until then I'll just have to follow yours. So keep us updated!

I wish my trips were sooner, but I have to wait until September for my 1st one. Then, I'm going again in December. :) Oh well, they say waiting is worth it. I haven't been to Disney World since 2000 though.

I have to wait until approximately October (assuming that I get accepted into the CP and can audition)
:)

If I see you at the Studios, I'd be happy to talk to you. :)

Yes! Although I think I would do as a kind of year off before starting graduate school. But who knows? I might like it so much I might want to stay there.

That's my goal :goodvibes I plan on changing to Full time as soon as possible. I'd love to work my way through the ranks.

Same here. One day when I finish college I would like to work may way up the ranks in the entertainment department at WDW. I would like to work my way up to a management position or something of that sort. I would want to do a PI in entertainment after college.

Yes! Although I think I would do as a kind of year off before starting graduate school. But who knows? I might like it so much I might want to stay there.

What degree are you trying to get that you would need grad school for?

Do any of you guys want to work for Disney after college? I kind of want too :)

You know, I'm not really sure yet. I think it would be AWESOME to work for Disney permanently, but since I'm going to major in education (or at least that's the plan...) I'll probably end up back in Texas, teaching. Which is fine, because I love working with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter