Credit Card

trixie2396

Earning My Ears
Just curious if anyone found the disney rewards program worth it. When I try to compare it to other credit card rewards it seems that the disney one falls short and doesnt give you much. Thoughts?

"Worth it" really depends on 1) your spending habits and 2) how you'd like to use your rewards. You are correct that many people feel they can get a different reward program that better suits their needs. We like the Premier Disney Visa card because that becomes our vacation savings; to me it's "free" vacation funds that I otherwise might not be able to save. But if I wanted my rewards program to give me cash back or pay for other things, this wouldn't do it.

Enjoy your vacation!

I like it, but it can seem like work to get top value from it. Knowing which restaurants and shops have a 10% discount, the rules for interest-free financing, special events (like Food & Wine, or 15% sales) require you to do some homework. Which for me is worth it.

We love our Disney Visa Card! We put all our purchases on it and pay it off every month. We also will purchase gift cards at grocery stores so we can get 2% back on more purchases, instead of just the food/gas/grocery. Disney World is our top vacay spot, so it makes sense for us to have the card and have the reward cards to spend!

I think lanejudy nailed. It all depends on how you use the card and its rewards & perks. My family and I have been going on an annual Disney trip so naturally all the Disney dollars we earn over the course of the year (usually about $125 - $150) go towards our trip.

But On top of that, I have about $75 on runDisney race fees, saved $100 on various shopping purchases, and got several free photos at Epcot through their private area for cardholders. SO for us its worth it.

But my wife also has a regular cash-back credit card for her business expenses. So we utilize both!

We also use the Premier Disney Visa card...for everything. Gas, food, dining out, DVC dues, etc. You don't want to know how many Disney Dollars we earn (nor do I as it makes me cringe just knowing what we've spent to get that amount! :rolleyes1) However, we find it very worthwhile. Being DVC, we can't ever get the free "dining plan", so this just about covers it for us.

I have been wanting the disney visa too but it doesn't stack up well to some others. If you are planning a trip to disney and need flights...there are cards that may give more value (chase southwest visa probably being the best)

We just got our card a few months ago (when we booked our Disney vacation) and we definitely feel it's worth it! I know that we got a $100 statement credit and having 6 months (with no interest) to pay off our full vacation is really nice! We've paid most of it already though so that we can use the dollars earned for extras at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter