Cricut Cuts Swap Active - Complete!!

LOVEMY3KIDDOS

DIS Veteran
This interest thread is for a new swap!!! It will be a Cricut Cuts swap and will give us the chance to collect some pieces from some Cricut cartridges that we may not have. The sign-ups will go according to which cartridge you are using. There will be a seperate group for each letter of the alphabet. When you sign up, you list your cartridge and which cut you will do from that cartridge. For example, I sign up under the letter C, using the Create a Critter cartridge and make the Panda. I would make as many Pandas as there are people in the C group. The groups will be capped at 10 people. If there is interest, we can open sub-groups. I will also open a number group since there are a couple of cartridges that start with numbers. You don't have to list your specific cut at sign-ups, but be sure to list it before cutting. We want to avoid any doubles within the groups. The exception to this rule will be a grab bag group. This group will be open to sign up for however many cuts you wish to make and receive back. So, if you sign up in that group and choose six, you will make six cuts...the same or all different...up to you. You will get six back. These (hopefully) will all be different. You do not need to state what you are making for this group, just how many. Then, when swapping this particular group, it will be a blind swap, but you will not get your own back and I will do my best to be sure you don't get doubles, unless there is no other way. I will also open a Disney group. This will be for anything from the Disney carts.

Sign-ups for the swap will be Thursday, February 2 at 9:00 am and remain open until Monday, February 6 at 1:00 pm. At that point, I will set the final numbers and it will become an active swap. Then, the swap will be due March 31. This date will remain firm since we will be going away a few weeks after.

At any point, you may change your choice of cartridge (as long as the letter stays the same) and / or the cut itself as long as it does not duplicate another that someone else has made. If your cut is not stated and you send in cuts that someone else had claimed, you will get your own back. The cuts are open to whatever you would like to make as long as it is at least 2 layers. We will follow normal guidelines for paper piecings in other swaps. And, they should be at least 4" in one direction, but not over 6". If you have no personal preference to your cut you are making, you could take requests from the others in the group...since the idea is to get items we may not normally have access to! The opportunities are endless! We will not limit things based on gender. So, it will be anything goes in that manner. It is only a few cuts, so everyone should be able to use them somewhere. If we are creative in our thinking...anything is possible. For example, our high school holds a powderpuff football game. Well, a football related cut could be used for a girl in that respect. I know that is very specific, but I'm just using it as the first example that comes to my head. I don't think there will be so many that it will be overwhelming anyway. The sports carts will be a go. I do like the idea behind the swap being alphabetized by cart title because I think it lends to a better mix and variety that way, which is the purpose behind it. So, knowing all this going into the swap, everyone will understand. All in all, no cart, no cut is off limits (unless there are not enough layers).

Two layer titles would not be on the same level of quality as the multi-layer (3+) titles. So, if it is just a shadow and top, it will not work. Any titles, phrases used will be at least 3 layers. So, for example, the shadow, base layer, decorative layers (possibly multiple decorative).

Newbies are welcome. If you haven't swapped with us on this board before, then I will limit you to 2 groups.

PLEASE READ THIS: BAGGING AND LABELING INSTRUCTIONS ARE PROVIDED. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO BAG AS RESQUESTED, I RESPECTFULLY ASK THAT YOU REFRAIN FROM JOINING THIS SWAP. PLEASE ASK QUESTIONS IF YOU ARE UNSURE.

I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number (I will only use these in an emergency). I will send the same to you. (All of this is only if we have not already exchanged information in a previous swap.)

Swap Requirements: 1 Cricut Cut Piecing per person in each group you have signed up for

Please note: Embellishing is not required on the piecings. If it would look better embellished, then fine. But, it is not required and we don't want to over-do it just for the sake of embellishing.

Suggestions for embellishments (if you so choose) include:
Die cuts, stickers, stickles, flock, ink, chalk, brads, charms, flowers, eyelets, ribbon/fiber, sewing, tearing, embossing, stamping, clipart, additional layers of paper beyond double mats (if it would look weird trying to fit in another embellishment, specialty paper (such as embossed, glitter, Bling).

Labeling:
Every bag should be labeled with your DISname, name and Group number

Your label should look like this:
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
Erin Palys
Group A

Bagging: ALL BAGS MUST CLOSE
Put your piecing in a bag that closes (most will fit in sandwich or quart bags). Label it. Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size (or larger) bag, and label with the same. Please use the gallon bag (or larger) -- your items may fit in a smaller bag, but the items you receive back might not.

Mailing:
* You may send to me by any method you choose unless you are mailing after March 19 [note this is before the mail by date]. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation.
* I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are:Envelope $5.15, Small Box $5.35, Medium Box 11.35, Large Box $15.45.
* If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.75, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.75 and the filled out DC form.
* Please include a label (can be the priority label completed with your info or a small address label) for me to use to return your items to you.
* DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

I hope you have lots of fun in this swap...should be a nice change to do something a little different! And, hopefully we all get a little something we wouldn't normally have out of it!

Required check-ins are:
Feb 10 confirm groups and pm your info
Feb 24 general check-in
March 10 detailed status
March 17 mailing status
March 24 mail by date
March 31 due date

A. 1. LM3K - Animal Kingdom, p. 108 Full Make 5
2. DIT - Art Nouveau, p. 63
3. 123SA - Celebrations, p. 119
4. LaWannaYeager - Art Philosophy, p. 70
5. wdwm - Create a Critter, p. 70

B. 1. LM3K - Birthday Bash, p. 57 Full Make 5
2. 123SA - Boys Will Be Boys, p.70
3. DIT - 3 Birds on Parade *pick your own
4. DB - B is for Boy, rocket
5. ckmom - Life's a Party

C. 1. LM3K - Create a Critter, p. 66 Full Make 8
2. 123SA - Create a Critter, p.62
3. DIT - Campin' Critters, p.28
4. wdwm - Create a Critter, p. 30
5. DB - Christmas Cheer, p. 85
6. m2mrb - Christmas Cheer, p. 122
7. MDD - Create a Critter, p. 44
8. mm2000 - Create a Critter, p. 58

D. 1. LM3K - Dreams Come True, p. 29 Full Make 8
2. 123SA - Doodlecharms, p. 98
3. wdwm - Destinations *pick your own
4. DIT - Dinosaur Tracks, p. 37
5. m2mrb - Doodlecharms, p. 127
6. MDD - Dreams Come True, p. 41
7. 3pletprincesses - Dreams Come True, p. 38
8. JJ&JH - Doodlecharms, p. 82

E. 1. LM3K - Everyday Paper Dolls, p. 33 *choose hair Full Make 5
2. ckmom - Everyday Paper Dolls
3. 123SA - Boys Will Be Boys, p. 65
4. DIT - Campin Critters, p. 21
5. wdwm - Traveler, p. 52

F. 1. MDD - Formal Occasions, p. 25 Full Make 5
2. wdwm - Formal Occasions, p. 36
3. DIT - French Manor, p. 68
4. LM3K - Rock Princess *choose your cut

G. 1. LM3K - Gingerbread, 3rd House Full Make 5
2. DIT - Give a Hoot, p. 51
3. wdwm - Gypsy Wanderings, cupcake
4. 123SA - Graphically Speaking, p. 57
5. LaWannaYeager - Going Places, p. 91

H. 1. LM3K - Happy Hauntings, p. 28 Full Make 5
2. 123SA - Happy Hauntings, p. 65
3. wdwm - Happy Hauntings, p. 67
4. DB - H2O, waterslide
5. MDD - Happily Ever After, p. 53

J. 1. LM3K - Jolly Holidays, North Pole Sign Full Make 5
2. wdwm - Just Because Cards, p. 68
3. 123SA - Joys of the Season, p. 98
4. DIT - Noah's ABC Animals, p. 44
5. po3 - Just Because Cards

L. 1. LM3K - Life's a Party, p. 33 Full Make 9
2. DIT - Life's a Party, p.28
3. 123SA - Locker Talk, p. 59
4. wdwm - Life's a Beach, p. 79
5. DB - Life's a Beach, p. 43
6. kkbeaton2 - Luau, fish
7. ckmom - Locker Talk
8. MDD - Life's a Beach, p. 75
9. LaWannaYeager - Luau, tiki hut

M. 1. LM3K - Mini Monsters, p. 70 Full Make 5
2. 123SA - Mini Monsters, p. 30
3. kkbeaton2 - My World, p. 15
4. BelleB - My World, p. 53
5. wdwm - Destinations, p. 76

N. 1. DIT - Nifty Fifties, p.41 Full Make 5
2. wdwm - Noel, flying Santa
3. LM3K - Happy Hauntings, p.31
4. 123SA - Sweet Treats, p.59
5. po3 - Nifty 50's, p. 33

O. 1. LM3K - Once Upon a Princess, p. 49 Full Make 5
2. wdwm - Old West, p. 66
3. MDD - Old West, p. 54
4. DIT - Campin Critters, p. 22
5. 123SA - Paisley, p. 26

P. 1. LM3K - Pack Your Bags, p. 55 Full Make 7
2. 123SA - Paisley, p.41
3. wdwm - Pack Your Pags, p. 23
4. m2mrb - Pack Your Bags, p. 30
5. ckmom - Paper Doll Dress Up
6. MDD - Pack Your Bags, p. 63
7. LaWannaYeager - Paper Doll Dress Up, p. 45

Q. 1. wdwm - Quarter Note *pick your own Full Make 5
2. MDD - Quarter Note, p. 62
3. LM3K - Winter Frolic, p. 59
4. DIT - Noah's ABC Animals, p. 30
5. 123SA - Going Places

R. 1. LM3K - Rock Princess, p. 37 Full Make 5
2. 123SA - Robotz, p. 49
3. DIT - Campin Critters, p. 26
4. mm2000 - Rock Princess, p. 47

S. 1. LM3K - Simply Charmed, p. 60 Full Make 6
2. 123SA - Sweet Treats, p. 35
3. DB - Sweethearts, p. 40 *choose hair colors
4. DIT - Sesame Street & Friends, p. 71
5. Sharli - Summer Celebrations
6. LaWannaYeager - Stand & Salute, p. 50

T. 1. wdwm - Traveler, p. 70 Full Make 5
2. LM3K - Life's A Party, p. 35
3. DIT - Noah's ABC Animals, p. 59
4. JJ&JH - Traveler, p. 60
5. mm2000 - Create a Critter, p. 33

W. 1. LM3K - Wrap it Up, p. 24 Full Make 5
2. wdwm - Winter Frolic, p. 29
3. 123SA - Winter Woodland, p. 46
4. DIT - Noah's ABC Animals, p. 39
5. ckmom - Paper Dolls

AA. Grab bag Full

1. mm2000
2. LM3K (8)
3. wdwm (6)
4. po3
5. MDD

BB. Disney Cart Group Full Make 10

1. LM3K - Disney Classics, p. 39
2. 123SA - Dreams Come True - Belle
3. mm2000 - Disney Classics, p. 29
4. DIT - Disney Classics, p. 23
5. JJ&JH - Dreams Come True, p. 36
6. wdwm - Toy Story, p. 61
7. m2mrb - Best of Pixar, p. 31
8. DB - Best of Pixar, p. 57
9. Po3 - Best of Pixar - Mike
10. disney-akj - Pooh & Friends, p. 49

BB2. Disney Cart Group Full Make 10

1. LM3K - Best of Pixar, p. 59
2. disney-akj - Pooh & Friends, p. 22
3. PrincessJayne - Disney Classics, p. 24
4. wdwm - Disney Classics, p. 34
5. kkbeaton2 - Best of Pixar, p. 46
6. BelleB - Tinkerbell and Friends, p. 54
7. DIT - Disney Classics, p. 68
8. mm2000 - Pooh and Friends, p. 19 or 37
9. MDD - Dreams Come True, p. 62
10. DB - Dreams Come True, p. 52

BB3. Disney Cart Group Full Make 10

1. LM3K - Cars, p. 51
2. MDD - Disney Classics, p. 55
3. DIT - Disney Classics, p. 62
4. wdwm - Pooh & Friends, p. 25
5. disney-akj - Mickey & Friends, p. 28
6. Sharli - Mickey & Friends
7. 3pletprincesses - Pooh & Friends, p. 52
8. PrincessJayne - Dreams Come True, p. 30
9. LaWannaYeager - Best of Pixar, p. 51
10. JJ&JH - Happily Ever After, p. 53

CC. Phrases and titles group Full Make 10

1. LM3K - Sweet Treats, p. 63
2. 123SA - Boys Will Be Boys, p. 41
3. mm2000 - Rock Princess, p. 47
4. JJ&JH - Traveler Cart, p. 69
5. wdwm - Traveler Cart, p. 62
6. m2mrb - Phrases Cart, p. 30
7. disney akj - Groovy Times, p. 46
8. ckmom -
9. po3 - Create a Critter, p. 70 (Gobble x2)
10. PrincessJayne - Storybook, p. 68

CC2. Phrases and Titles group Full Make 10

1. LM3K - Once Upon a Princess, p. 31
2. 123SA - Mini Monsters, p. 65
3. mm2000 - Sweet Treats, p. 61
4. ckmom -
5. disney-akj - Boys Will Be Boys, p. 71
6. PrincessJayne - Storybook, p. 70
7. JJ&JH - Life Is a Beach, p. 80
8. po3 - Stand and Salute, p. 59
9. DB - Sweethearts, p. 70
10. wdwm - Traveler, p. 59

DD. Girly group Full Make 8

1. mm2000 - Forever Young, p. 49
2. LM3K - Once Upon a Princess, p. 59
3. wdwm - Formal Occasion, horse and carriage
4. ckmom -
5. m2mrb - Everyday Paper Dolls, p. 45 *choose hair color / style
6. disney-akj - Groovy Times, p. 60
7. JJ&JH - Joys of the Season, p. 80
8. MDD - Formal Occasions, p. 30

Check-ins:

February 10 - pm info and check groups

February 24 - general check-in

March 26 - general status

April 2 - detailed status / expected mail date

April 12 - mail by date

April 18 - Due date

:car: You mailed

:cheer2: I have

:moped: On it's way home

:dancer: You have

Players / groups:

123SA A, B, C, D, E, G, H, J, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, W, BB, CC, CC2 :dancer:

3pletprincesses D, BB3 :dancer:

BelleB M, BB2 :dancer:

ck mom97 B, E, F, L, P, R, W, CC, CC2, DD :dancer:

disney-akj BB, BB2, BB3, CC, CC2, DD :dancer:

DisneyBarlans B, C, H, L, S, BB, BB2, CC2 :dancer:

DisneyIsTerrific A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, L, N, O, Q, R, S, T, W, BB, BB2, BB3 :dancer:

JJ&JHsmom D, T, BB, BB3, CC, CC2, DD :dancer:

kkbeaton L, M, BB2 :dancer:

LaWannaYeager A, G, L, P, S, BB3 :dancer:

LOVEMY3KIDDOS A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, W, AA, BB, BB2, BB3, CC, CC2, DD :dancer:

mommy2mrb C, D, P, BB, CC, DD :dancer:

morgansmom2000 C, R, T, AA, BB, BB2, CC, CC2, DD :dancer:

MusicalDisneyDreams C, D, F, H, L, O, P, Q, AA, BB2, BB3, DD :dancer:

partyof3 J, N, AA, BB, CC, CC2 :dancer:

PrincessJayne BB2, BB3, CC, CC2 :dancer:

wdwmickey A, C, D, E, F, G, H, J, L, M, N, O, P, Q, T, W, AA, BB, BB2, BB3, CC, CC2, DD :dancer:

This sounds intriguing! I may have to "negotiate" with DH. Of course it all depends on how much scrapping I get done between now and sign-ups ;)

this sounds fun!

Something a little different! I figured it was a good way to try and get some things we didn't have without having to buy a whole cart!!

This sounds intriguing! I may have to "negotiate" with DH. Of course it all depends on how much scrapping I get done between now and sign-ups ;)

:rolleyes1 I would be forever indebted to him!! I too pledged no swapping, but decided to instead just greatly scale back. So, that's what I'm doing! This one is new and fun though! I couldn't just quit cold turkey!! LOL

Depending on letter swap, I may be in for a few groups. This sounds interesting.

Cassey

yay!!! These shouod be pretty easy to do...just the one piecing per person...cut & go!! :thumbsup2 I have so many letters from last years swap, but will be signing up I think for a few groups.

I think I understand. A few questions

1. So if I want Grp D, I can choose from my Dinosaur Tracks, Designer's Calendar, or Doodlecharms carts. Yes?
2. Can there be duplicate carts in the same group?
3. Are words or phrases okay? Some are really simple, just a word with a shadow. Others are more like paper piecings, a base layer, a shadow and some layers. Are both okay?
5. Disney Carts -- do we ignore the word disney? Mickey & Friends would go under M, yes?
6. Are holiday carts and images okay?
7. After group Z, is a group labeled #. What is this for? Is this for carts that begin with a number (are there any that do?)
8. Will you collapse groups? I think there are only 2 carts that begin with Z, just a few that begin with I

I think I really like this idea. There are tons of images that I would like to make, but I have never really had a reason to do.

I think I understand. A few questions

1. So if I want Grp D, I can choose from my Dinosaur Tracks, Designer's Calendar, or Doodlecharms carts. Yes? Yes
2. Can there be duplicate carts in the same group? Yes...just not the same exact cut.
3. Are words or phrases okay? Some are really simple, just a word with a shadow. Others are more like paper piecings, a base layer, a shadow and some layers. Are both okay? I think these are ok...as long as they are not too specific. Like, no "Princess" or "100% Boy" (just as examples) since not everyone has one or the other. As far as both types, I think both would be fine. I guess for the ones with only 2 layers maybe some embellishing if they seem to need something else. But, if they are good standing alone, that's fine also!
5. Disney Carts -- do we ignore the word disney? Mickey & Friends would go under M, yes? You got it!
6. Are holiday carts and images okay? I think so. LOL I didn't even think about that being an issue. If anyone is opposed to this, please speak up!
7. After group Z, is a group labeled #. What is this for? Is this for carts that begin with a number (are there any that do?) 3 birds on parade and I50 States...maybe one more. I am not so sure there will be any or much interest there.
8. Will you collapse groups? I think there are only 2 carts that begin with Z, just a few that begin with I I think so. I am thinking maybe anything with 2 or less will be combined. But, not to make more then a group of 10. So, if 3 sign up, we will keep that as is. (But that may change also depending on how sign-ups go.) But, say group I gets 2 people, group J gets 1 and group Z gets 2. I will put all 3 together to form 1 and the players within that group will get a bigger mix. If by chance someone is signed up for multiple combined groups (like you are ine of the two people signed up in I in the example AND one in the Z group, I will let you decide if you want to get two sets or just choose which of your cuts you want to do. Does that make sence?

I think I really like this idea. There are tons of images that I would like to make, but I have never really had a reason to do.

I answered in red above. I agree...there are several cuts I have wanted to make, but not actually needed. This is a great opportunity! Also, there are some carts I have admired but not purchased. So, maybe I can get some parts of them! I hope I answered everything clearly. It's sometimes clear in my head, but when typed out, not as much! let me know if you need any more explaining. Great questions by the way!

3. Are words or phrases okay? Some are really simple, just a word with a shadow. Others are more like paper piecings, a base layer, a shadow and some layers. Are both okay? I think these are ok...as long as they are not too specific. Like, no "Princess" or "100% Boy" (just as examples) since not everyone has one or the other. As far as both types, I think both would be fine. I guess for the ones with only 2 layers maybe some embellishing if they seem to need something else. But, if they are good standing alone, that's fine also!

Okay. But, lots of things are boy/girl or not good for everyone. Are we just avoiding the gender specific phrases? Gender specific images are okay? I just looked through my carts. WHat about the sports carts? I guess they are out. Locker Talk - -school stuff, is this okay? Boys will be Boys cart -- one of my favorites - -has lots of "boy" images. Robotz -- another one I'd like to use. THese are okay?
What about the paperdoll carts? definitely boy or girl images

For me, I am okay with no exclusions. You get what you get and you don't get upset (my kids use that line all the time!) But, I have both boys and girls so that may be easy for me to say. I think if you start excluding for purposes of gender, you may be better off grouping by topic as opposed to cricut cart name -- boy images, girl images, animals, disney, holiday, etc. Now this sounds like any entirely different swap.

THe reason behind my original question was more about equality - -is a 2 layer phrase that meets the 4 inch dimension in one way requirement equal to some of the more complicated titles with layers or images with layers. I would be inclined to say no to these.

Instead of listing the Disney Carts by their titles, M - for Mickey & Friends, P for Pooh Font, how about a disney group?

Good morning :)

Okay--everyone knows I only have girls, but, I also have some pics of DH from when he was little that need to be put in a "this is your life" type of book so I'm okay with "boyish" stuff ;) I would also think that even if you only have boys you might have some pics of yourself or your mom or sisters or best friends that you could use with "girly" cuts. But, that's just me.

As far a Disney carts I'm okay with either having a Disney group or keeping them in the alphabet groups. And I agree with Susan about no 2 layer titles.

LOL OK ladies...this is the purpose of an interest thread, right? You guys are awsome with your help! Especially with this being a new and different swap, there will be a need for some tweeking. So, all of this chatter and input is greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

OK...here is what I have...we will not limit things based on gender. So, it will be anything goes in that manner. (By the way, I love the Robotz cart and don't have it...so I am pretty excited that you mention it Susan!!) Cheryl - I agree...it is only a few cuts, so everyone should be able to use them somewhere. If we are creative in our thinking...anything is possible. For example, our high school holds a powderpuff football game. Well, a football related cut could be used for a girl in that respect. I know that is very specific, but I'm just using it as the first example that comes to my head. I don't think there will be so many that it will be overwhelming anyway. The sports carts will be a go. I do like the idea behind the swap being alphabetized by cart title because I think it lends to a better mix and variety that way, which is the purpose behind it. I agree making little categories all over changes the whole thing. So, knowing all this going into the swap, everyone will understand. All in all, no cart, no cut is off limits (unless there are not enough layers). Should we add a phrase / title group? Or, will we leave it up to the swappers to decide within each group if they want to do a title or character or whatever?

To address the phrase issue...giving it more thought, I tend to agree...two layer titles would not be on the same level of quality as the multi-layer (3+) titles. So, if it is just a shadow and top, it will not work. Any titles, phrases used will be at least 3 layers. So, for example, the shadow, base layer, decorative layers (possibly multiple decorative).

The Disney carts....I think it's a great idea to just give them their own seperate category...why did I not think of that on my own? I will add that. Thanks for the suggestion Susan!

Another question...are we ok with the groups of 10? Would groups of maybe 5 be better? I know often we do groups of 5, but we usually are doing more than one element per person within those groups.

Does that address everything up to here? If there are more questions or suggestions, fire away! Like I said, a new swap needs a little nurturing!!! So, thanks for the help! :thumbsup2

And, by the way, I looked at my carts and what I would want to make...I had some that lean a bit more to one gender or the other, so I was contradicting myself last night anyway!! LOL

I will update all of this in the first post so everyone can see it. And, I will add the Disney group. Also, I will wait to hear some opinions on the phrase group being seperate before adding that. I'm fine either way on that one.

Please note that the first post has been updated in the purple section with rules regarding layers and cut choices.

I'm okay with boy stuff...BFF has boys...also could use Robotz for Innovation LO's....sports- megan doesn't do any, but do go to baseball games once in awhile!

like the idea for a phrase group too.

10 to groups is fine with me. I agree -- it is not more work than 5 mini kits.

I like the idea of kicking phrases out to their own group.

New Question: Some images just make more sense small -- like most of the Icon images. The snowflakes on the winter wonderland cart are really nice, but I don't think a 4 inch snowflake is all that useful. Can we make multiple smaller ones? In an element swap, we say 3 shapes are equal to a paper piecing. Could we do 3 snowflakes? Of course this may just complicate things, if it doesn't work at 4 inches, I would just pick another image.

WHat about the border features on some of the carts? Yes or no?

10 to groups is fine with me. I agree -- it is not more work than 5 mini kits.

I like the idea of kicking phrases out to their own group.

New Question: Some images just make more sense small -- like most of the Icon images. The snowflakes on the winter wonderland cart are really nice, but I don't think a 4 inch snowflake is all that useful. Can we make multiple smaller ones? In an element swap, we say 3 shapes are equal to a paper piecing. Could we do 3 snowflakes? Of course this may just complicate things, if it doesn't work at 4 inches, I would just pick another image.

WHat about the border features on some of the carts? Yes or no?

I think we should stick to larger cuts so things don't get too complicated. If you think your item will work at 4" then maybe choose something else on the cart. If we really run into an issue, we can address it later. There should be enough images that will work fine though.

I do think the borders would be fine as long as they are the two layers (at least), which I think most are. The same rule would apply to them...if they are not really detailed enough, they should be embellished somehow. Remember that specialty paper counts as an embellishment...that may be all they need! Sound ok?

I think I will go ahead and add the phrase / title group seperately.

This looks fun! I maybe in for a couple of groups if I can get my MK swap groups finished in the next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter