Cricut Cuts Swap Active - Complete!!

Erin -- when we sign up, we list grp letter, cart name, and ...what for the image? THe page number?

Yes...I was originally thinking we would do the actual image, but there may be more then one on each cart...for instance on Christmas Cheer, there are multiple stockings. So, when signing up, do it like this:

C. Christmas Cheer p. 93 (as an example)

THanks! I am going to take my cart books with me to practices this week and figure out my choices.

THanks! I am going to take my cart books with me to practices this week and figure out my choices.

great idea...I should bring mine to Megan's dance class on Monday!

Just a reminder....this opens Thursdayat 9:00 am...get those lists ready!!! I will be out that day for a few hours in the afternoon to see my grandfather. But, I will be home until about 12:30 and then back about 5:30. I will update anything then. :thumbsup2 Looking forward to a fun new swap!

In the directions, it states:

If you have no personal preference to your cut you are making, you could take requests from the others in the group...since the idea is to get items we may not normally have access to!

Does this mean that I could just choose my cart and each person in that group can tell me what they'd like from that cart and I could cut something different for each person based on what they want from that cart?

I guess it does read like that, huh? LOL Sometimes it's so hard to get your idea across on paper (or computer) exactly the way you mean. I didn't exactly mean that each person could request something different. But, thinking more about it, if we are going to give that option, it makes more sense to offer it individually than to let one person request for the group. Obviously, it is up to the person making the cuts if they even WANT to do this. So, now that I talked in circles...

As the person CREATING, if you choose a certain cut, that is fine. If you do not have a preference and would like requests, you may choose to do so. Just understand that you could get up to 9 different requests. I don't think it will happen enough that it will make a huge annoyance in swapping out.

As the person RECEIVING, you may only make a request if the swapper opens that option up.

Does that make sense? Clear as mud? I don't want to make things complicated, but want everyone to have lots of chances to get things thay want or need! :thumbsup2

I've been looking through my cartridges and it's hard to choose which cartridges and cuts to put on my list as I keep thinking that I might like it and you won't or I need it and you won't!:rotfl: I have a huge stack of cartridges sitting on my coffee table right now!:scared1: I need to narrow that down before sign-ups!

I guess it does read like that, huh? LOL Sometimes it's so hard to get your idea across on paper (or computer) exactly the way you mean. I didn't exactly mean that each person could request something different. But, thinking more about it, if we are going to give that option, it makes more sense to offer it individually than to let one person request for the group. Obviously, it is up to the person making the cuts if they even WANT to do this. So, now that I talked in circles...

As the person CREATING, if you choose a certain cut, that is fine. If you do not have a preference and would like requests, you may choose to do so. Just understand that you could get up to 9 different requests. I don't think it will happen enough that it will make a huge annoyance in swapping out.

As the person RECEIVING, you may only make a request if the swapper opens that option up.

Does that make sense? Clear as mud? I don't want to make things complicated, but want everyone to have lots of chances to get things thay want or need! :thumbsup2

Erin -- have you considered what this will do to the sorting? You could have a bunch of specifically addressed bags. This will add a lot of time to your sorting.

I've been looking through my cartridges and it's hard to choose which cartridges and cuts to put on my list as I keep thinking that I might like it and you won't or I need it and you won't!:rotfl: I have a huge stack of cartridges sitting on my coffee table right now!:scared1: I need to narrow that down before sign-ups!

I was doing the same thing!:rotfl2: I finally decided that it was futile to try to guess what others might want. I'm just going with images I've never made before and like. Right now I am at 12 groups. I will probably pick up more I'm sure to fill in groups.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having a hard time deciding ;) I have almost all of my books out and have chosen at least 2 cuts from each book; I definately need to narrow down my choices :)

I just went through the list on my Gypsy for carts. As for cuts, have not really decided yet. The nice thing is, these will go quickly since it's just the one element per person! :thumbsup2

Erin -- have you considered what this will do to the sorting? You could have a bunch of specifically addressed bags. This will add a lot of time to your sorting.

Yes...and because we are in the trial stages for a new swap here, I decided I will suck it up and deal with it. I don't really think too many people will do the request thing. I could be wrong and want to dry, but for now, I am willing to give it a go. That may change if we run this swap again...but for now we will see.

I was doing the same thing!:rotfl2: I finally decided that it was futile to try to guess what others might want. I'm just going with images I've never made before and like. Right now I am at 12 groups. I will probably pick up more I'm sure to fill in groups.

I think that's what I will do also...make some things that I never have and have wanted to! There is a potential for a lot of fun groups!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one having a hard time deciding ;) I have almost all of my books out and have chosen at least 2 cuts from each book; I definately need to narrow down my choices :)

I know this is last minute, but do we want it to be two cuts per person? It seems like everyone has multiples that they like. Just a quick thought.

Off to a MAJOR wrestling match...tough one so fingers crossed. Tonight's match will decide if James is all-conference or his opponent. Unfortunately, his opponent is a senior and very good. James has to really turn it on! James is great, but I get so nervous when his opponent is super-good!

I'll check back to see what thoughts are on this (if any). Also, don't forget there will be the grab bag section where we can do those extras. So, let me know what you all think!

One or two cuts per person is fine with me. I will be letting people choose what cut they want from Destinations. Also I want to use Create a Critter and Christmas Noel--can I call this one Noel so I can choose both cartridges?

The boards have been painfully slow here for the last several days, so I'll get in for sign-ups when I can, but, it may be later in the day since that is when the boards have been moving a little quicker here .

I still haven't picked what I'm going to cut from my cartridges, but I've at least narrowed down the carts!

I would prefer 1 cut per person, but will do 2 if that's what the majority wants. I'd just need to do less groups.

I know this is last minute, but do we want it to be two cuts per person? It seems like everyone has multiples that they like. Just a quick thought.

Off to a MAJOR wrestling match...tough one so fingers crossed. Tonight's match will decide if James is all-conference or his opponent. Unfortunately, his opponent is a senior and very good. James has to really turn it on! James is great, but I get so nervous when his opponent is super-good!

I'll check back to see what thoughts are on this (if any). Also, don't forget there will be the grab bag section where we can do those extras. So, let me know what you all think!

Good Luck to James tonight! :cheer2:

I'm still thinking on this one. I'm not as far along on my other swaps as I'd like to be.

1. I'd rather do 1 cut.

2. I agree -- the boards have been so slow it is making me crazy. Trying to keep my holiday swap thread updated has been especially hard.

3. I am having the same problem as Cheryl. I have 3 S carts I could use. 2 C carts, 3 D carts etc. But, having to choose will prevent me from signing up for way too many groups.

One or two cuts per person is fine with me. I will be letting people choose what cut they want from Destinations. Also I want to use Create a Critter and Christmas Noel--can I call this one Noel so I can choose both cartridges?

The boards have been painfully slow here for the last several days, so I'll get in for sign-ups when I can, but, it may be later in the day since that is when the boards have been moving a little quicker here .

Noel is fine...I have you covered in sign-ups.

I know...the boards are running at snail's pace...hoping it's not too bad in the morning! Could make for a miserable sign-up!

I still haven't picked what I'm going to cut from my cartridges, but I've at least narrowed down the carts!

I would prefer 1 cut per person, but will do 2 if that's what the majority wants. I'd just need to do less groups.

No worries...you don't even have to list the choice yet. So, don't rush!

1 cut sounds good!!

Good Luck to James tonight! :cheer2:

I'm still thinking on this one. I'm not as far along on my other swaps as I'd like to be.

Thank!! He did losethe match, but they moved the original kid away from him and gave him a tougher kid. The one he wrestled is ranked #2 in the state. So, losing only 6-2 was equal to a victory! We will take it!

Please join us!! These will go quick! You can cut now and take them with you to your kids' competitions to assemble in between the action! :thumbsup2

1. I'd rather do 1 cut.

2. I agree -- the boards have been so slow it is making me crazy. Trying to keep my holiday swap thread updated has been especially hard.

3. I am having the same problem as Cheryl. I have 3 S carts I could use. 2 C carts, 3 D carts etc. But, having to choose will prevent me from signing up for way too many groups.

1. I agree

2. It's making me nuts!

3. I am pretty narrowed down now...I think! LOL

Sorry James lost the match :hug: he'll get em next time :thumbsup2

got my list all set just picked 5 carts to start, but might help fill in later!

Ugh, I keep looking through my cartridges and changing my mind. I think I'm in for a couple words/phrase groups, but I'm having a hard time choosing things that everyone could use!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter