Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the website support/ MDE cast members on the phone lines still answering calls? I tried every 10 minutes all day yesterday and always got a ' all circuits are busy' . I am trying to figure out why it won't let me make park reservations for the trip after my DD is 3. She has an AP pass linked to her account, she will turn 3 the second part of that stay ( split stay.) It let me make reservations for the rest in our party, but continues to make me remove her saying those under 3 don't need reservations. I'm petrified we will show up to the park and she won't be admitted.

Are the website support/ MDE cast members on the phone lines still answering calls? I tried every 10 minutes all day yesterday
If I understand your post correctly, you wait ten minutes between calls. Don't wait b/c you may never get through that way. You have to call, hang up, call, hang up, call, hang up . . . . You have to repeat this over and over. Hopefully, you will get lucky after 25 - 50 tries.

Instead of the system telling me I have exceeded my amount of reservations it is now just stating no parks are available for the dates I am picking and all the parks are grayed out. Tried Chrome. Safari. Edge and Firefox. Have refreshed the reservation screen about 100 times and continues to stayed grayed out. I am about 75 call attempts in to Disney and getting either nothing or a message stating all lines are busy. Looks like another all day event to get my last 3 days of park reservations. Other than that the new reservation system works great!! :rotfl2:

If I understand your post correctly, you wait ten minutes between calls. Don't wait b/c you may never get through that way. You have to call, hang up, call, hang up, call, hang up . . . . You have to repeat this over and over. Hopefully, you will get lucky after 25 - 50 tries.
Yep, this. Think of it as phone refreshing. You can get through this morning though, just prepare to wait on hold for a bit.

Are the website support/ MDE cast members on the phone lines still answering calls? I tried every 10 minutes all day yesterday and always got a ' all circuits are busy' . I am trying to figure out why it won't let me make park reservations for the trip after my DD is 3. She has an AP pass linked to her account, she will turn 3 the second part of that stay ( split stay.) It let me make reservations for the rest in our party, but continues to make me remove her saying those under 3 don't need reservations. I'm petrified we will show up to the park and she won't be admitted.
She may not need a ticket. The rule pre-Covid was that once a visit was begun that was the age used for the entire trip. So since she is 2 the first day she is considered to be 2 for the entire trip for park entries and restaurants. Likewise a 9 year old would continue to be able to use a child's ticket if he/she turned 10 during the trip.

I’m on try 40.... sigh.

I’m sure you’ve already tried this, but did you try making park reservations for the 2 APs in your party, then going back and doing them for the tickets holders? My travel party consists of 3 AP holders and one 7 day ticket holder. I did the ticket holder’s reservations first since we were having the AP issue, then went back and did the APs once they got it fixed last night.
Ok so I tried that with making the 8-day ticket holders first (previously I was trying to do the APs first) and I was able to make reservations for them for all 8 days. Then I tried to do mine and DH- we have APs and 8 day tickets in MDE- and it won't let me book anything for either of us. I'm seeing comments about an issue with people who have both APs and regular tickets. Is there a solution for this yet or do I need to call?

Ok so I tried that with making the 8-day ticket holders first (previously I was trying to do the APs first) and I was able to make reservations for them for all 8 days. Then I tried to do mine and DH- we have APs and 8 day tickets in MDE- and it won't let me book anything for either of us. I'm seeing comments about an issue with people who have both APs and regular tickets. Is there a solution for this yet or do I need to call?
The solution I read was to assign the tickets you don't want to use now to a dummy user before making your park reservations: https://blogmickey.com/2020/06/disney-park-pass-system-glitch/

I am too scared to call to have my Park Hoppers reduced to regular tickets after spending 4 1/2 hours on the phone with reservations. 😐
I don’t want to lose my park reservations.
Any suggestions? Will they correct themselves at first use?
If you're not going right at opening, I would just wait and call later after all of this park pass and resort movement craziness is over.

Potentially dumb question here.... We have AP's and 9 day non-expiry tickets (they were originally 10 day tickets, with 9 days remaining). We just finished making our park reservations for 2 trips. How do you know which tickets 'were used' to make the reservations? We only want our AP's to cover both trips....

Ymmv, but in mine, I went to My Plans and went down to my resort reservation, and there was a Change Reservation button next to it. On the next screen, details were listed for each element, with links to change each. The Change Tickets link didn’t do anything, but Change Resort took me to a page where I could select a different resort (or in my case, the same resort). A pop up window warned me that a change to the package was required, probably because of my hoppers, and the next page let me choose 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 day tickets (for a 4 night stay). And that’s it! I confirmed the change and got a confirmation email.
I had a modify button for awhile today too, although I could never get it to work. That option looks like it went *poof* a little bit ago. They've also taken out the option to modify dining as of the last hour. Must be working on some stuff.
I just checked again and it looks like mine is gone too. I guess I just got lucky!

And now it is back. If all you are wanting to do is change from hoppers to regular tickets, or even if you are wanting to add/remove a day or change resorts, you might check to see if the Change Reservation button is there for you, and then try again later if it is not. It is certainly a lot easier than calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter