Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have thoughts about the first week of availability with HS already unavailable on some days? Do you think it’s simply demand or do you think capacity the first week is already set to be more limited than subsequent weeks?
I don't think that they have started increasing capacity in later weeks at this point. They could always increase space in the parks later on if the situation allows for it and APs will probably fill those slots. I think HS is booked up because most people probably haven't had a chance to ride ROTR or MMRR yet and HS probably has the lowest capacity of any of the parks.

Can someone clarify this - is the Polynesian open for DVC right now and the non-DVC portion is closed? So DVC members can book for a stay in July?
You are correct Poly is only available for DVC in July and DVC reservations can be made for members at the moment.

Yep I remembered that which is why then I went to check after seeing confusion on FB. And now I can’t find it anywhere. I don’t know anymore lol
I seem to remember it came from one of their email sent to people when they were staying closed during April/May. I deleted it, but I remember trying to decide between waiting for them to cancel our trip or rebooking with free dining.

June 24 — Who’s calling? What's your current room/ticket situation? What number are you calling? When are you calling? How are you wording your request? Other thoughts?

I'm going to give it a shot. I'm going to say I have an existing reservation in January 2021 and would like to add tickets. (I'm not mentioning it's on DVC points upfront.) My thought is to call 7am est at 407-939-5277 (for assistance with your Disney World visit...), although there's also these numbers: 407-939-7679 (New Tickets and Special Events) and 407-939-1936 (Disney Resort Hotel Reservations). I'm preparing myself in case they say I can't buy tickets until June 28, though. (I was given the 28th via a chat yesterday).

Also, any word on what the 2021 tickets will cost? I haven't seen any info on that anywhere...

How many hours a day will they be "working" I wonder? And when they are not surely no one thinks they will all just go back to their own rooms like good little boys for months on end?
There was a daily schedule posted and their days are booked from like 8 am to 11 pm. Also the regular season portion is only a few weeks long then teams are eliminated. The whole thing will be over in early October. Majority of teams will be gone before then.

June 24 — Who’s calling? What's your current room/ticket situation? What number are you calling? When are you calling? How are you wording your request? Other thoughts?

I'm going to give it a shot. I'm going to say I have an existing reservation in January 2021 and would like to add tickets. (I'm not mentioning it's on DVC points upfront.) My thought is to call 7am est at 407-939-5277 (for assistance with your Disney World visit...), although there's also these numbers: 407-939-7679 (New Tickets and Special Events) and 407-939-1936 (Disney Resort Hotel Reservations). I'm preparing myself in case they say I can't buy tickets until June 28, though. (I was given the 28th via a chat yesterday).

Also, any word on what the 2021 tickets will cost? I haven't seen any info on that anywhere...
Then what in the world is 407-934-7639 for? The front desk at a resort?

I had three separate very short resort stays booked when I got my park reservations yesterday (Kidani and 2 at the Dolphin) and I got three park days reserved of my 4-day Fl resident ticket. Then I decided to add one more night at the Dolphin in January to book the final day of my parks ticket. I got the reservation and later that day I was able to link it to MDE. It shows in my plans. However, I can't book a park day with it. It says there is no availability, but availability is showing when I click on the Disney Resort Guests tab. Is there a limit to how many separate trips we can book? I have three separate (although very short) trips booked now; maybe I'm not allowed to book a fourth.

Also, is there a better place to ask questions about all of this? Everyone seems to be doing that here but it seems off-topic. I can move this if there's a better place.

I was thinking about trying to call today to see if there is any way to get park tickets for a Sept 2020 DVC rental reservation. We've kind of been left out of the equation here even though we have reservations that are already paid in full. My dad would like to go so I'm trying to make it happen for him!

Last edited:
I am too scared to call to have my Park Hoppers reduced to regular tickets after spending 4 1/2 hours on the phone with reservations. 😐
I don’t want to lose my park reservations.
Any suggestions? Will they correct themselves at first use?

I'm in a similar boat. I also don't want to call and have mine reduced only for them to reinstate park hopping before my trip.

I absolutely have to laugh at the recorded message I got when I called in this morning. The usual thank you for calling blah, but then this:

"Where in 2020 we're making it easier than ever to celebrate life's special moments!"

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

can you imagine how complex the systems/methodology they passed on must have been if what we have now is viewed as the "easiest" way?

Does anyone have thoughts about the first week of availability with HS already unavailable on some days? Do you think it’s simply demand or do you think capacity the first week is already set to be more limited than subsequent weeks?

HS is probably simply the park in most demand right now. It has a bunch of brand new attractions.

DHS is surely the most popular park currently. Capacity is also very limited right now. I think right now disney has a set number and they could increase it as time goes on but won’t necessarily have it set that way in the calendar.

Demand because of the 2 newest rides. I don’t know for sure, but I’d guess Disney is keeping the same capacity at each park from July 11th to September 26th, 2021 because they don’t know for sure when they’ll be able to raise capacity at each park. Once they know, they’ll likely adjust the reservation slots and add more, as needed.

For example. Let’s say DHS is at 20% capacity the first week open. Thats about 15,000 guests, give or take. They probably have that many of reservation slots available through the duration of the reservation period into 2021. Now if on August 1st the decide they can raise their capacity by 5% starting on say, August 7th, they could adjust it on the reservation system and allow 5,000 people to make reservations from August 7th - September 26th, 2021. And that pattern would adjust every time they made an increase in capacity, letting more people make reservations.

If they were to set dates beyond the opening with an adjusted increased capacity based on what they think/hope they’ll be able to do, and then find out they’re not ready to increase the capacity, they could potentially have an issue on their hands where they let too many people reserve a park and then would have to cancel those people’s reservation. And that would not go over well.

So I think it’ll be a rolling adjustment of reservation spots as we get further from the opening date

Then what in the world is 407-934-7639 for? The front desk at a resort?

Not sure, but I'm open to any numbers to try tomorrow. :) I did a quick online search, and it looks like that number is to update or modify a hotel or package reservation.

I was on the phone right at 7. Got through and stated my estimated wait time was 10 minutes😀 After being on hold for 40 minutes, the call was dropped😠 Took another 40 minutes just to get back on, estimated wait time 2 1/2 hours😡 As of now I'm 1 1/2 hours into the call just to get my resort changed. I AM NOT GIVING UP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter