Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the Disney World as a whole will shut down without there being extreme Covid cases and a large death count to go along with it. They are constantly cleaning and their guidelines is the best that any business can do right now. It’s very hard to prove you got it at Disney and contract tracing is getting more difficult with the amount of community spread that is occurring.

I think the only wild-card factor will actually be the NBA. If a lot of players come down with Covid while on site, that will create a huge media storm that might cause negative public pressure on Disney. Let's hope the players stay in line with the rules and there isn't an outbreak.

I saw some pics of queue lines of like FoP, but has plexiglass be installed along queues on all attractions where they zig zag next to each other?

That was a pain with Universal, and very confusing, as they didn't want people in that part of the queue where people would next to each other, but it really wasn't clear.

People are claiming they’re cancelling their vacations based on that picture...What I say to that? Good.

If you can come to the conclusion of the entire days worth of operations and procedures based on 1 picture while not checking any other sources to see if this was a one-off situation, then you’re probably not smart enough to be in a situation where you’ll need to space yourself away from a crowd in the first place.

People are claiming they’re cancelling their vacations based on that picture...What I say to that? Good.

If you can come to the conclusion of the entire days worth of operations and procedures based on 1 picture while not checking any other sources to see if this was a one-off situation, then you’re probably not smart enough to be in a situation where you’ll need to space yourself away from a crowd in the first place.

agreed.

I guess they should never go to a grocery store ever either.

Been to Universal 3 times since reopen, Disney Springs 3 times, and I felt safer/more spread out there then any grocery store, etc i've been to

Several years ago there were a few exits that were sunpass only. Those caused issues for tourists for sure because it was too late to change course by the time they figured it out.
In case others wonder....
2 years ago, I finally ordered a free E-Pass sticker (with an account deposit) online (e-pass works on both e-pass and SunPass.). I wonder why I didn’t order that years ago.
They also make an UNI transponder that works with the EZ-Pass systems in most Eastern states.

With Uni, drivers can travel on toll roads from Florida to Maine and west to Illinois without having to stop at tollbooths to pay with cash or use different transponders. Uni is accepted on all toll roads and most bridges throughout Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Kentucky.”

They’ve become very clickbait-y IMO. Scrolling through Instagram stories they’re basically indistinguishable from the site that must not be named.

I prefer the vloggers/media/whatever were calling them who feel more personal and authentic, bonus points to the ones who are not afraid to say when things are not working well.
I like their coverage of actual food better than their other content.

agreed.

Been to Universal 3 times since reopen, Disney Springs 3 times, and I felt safer/more spread out there then any grocery store, etc i've been to
Disney Springs is way safer AND more socially distant than my local grocery store!

agreed.

You have a point but today is a CM preview event. The penalty for noncompliance is could include loss of job. We'll see if what we saw is an aberration or a trend.

No social distancing and poor mask compliance in a local store. I have the option of walking out and going home. Not as easy if I already committed time and $$$ for a WDW trip.

You have a point but today is a CM preview event. The penalty for noncompliance is coyld include loss of job. We'll see if what we saw is an aberration or a trend.

No social distancing and poor mask compliance in a local store. I have the option of walking out and going home. Not as easy if I already committed time and $$$ for a WDW trip.

There’s a large portion of that crowd today that aren’t CMs..

You have a point but today is a CM preview event. The penalty for noncompliance is could include loss of job. We'll see if what we saw is an aberration or a trend.

I understand that, but disney can't prevent 100% of the time people from gathering close. There was no context to that picture. Maybe right away they told them they needed to spread out once they saw them, maybe it was a large group of friends (I mean highly doubtful, but never know).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter