Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at that mine train pile up of people picture...Are the lines for popular rides spilling out of the queue and causing people to bunch up at the entrance? If the lines aren't coming out of the queue I don't understand what would even cause a backup of people like that at the entrance. It's not like the fastpass system is going where you have the one group holding everyone up from entering.
So is that still better than people congregating in front of the castle or on main st waiting for their fp window?

I understand that, but disney can't prevent 100% of the time people from gathering close. There was no context to that picture. Maybe right away they told them they needed to spread out once they saw them, maybe it was a large group of friends (I mean doubtful, but never know).

I think it was the mad dash either after rope drop, or when they reopened after it was closed down. It takes a minute for the line to get to disperse through the queue, so theres a back up at the end of the queue.

People assume that CMs have been trained their entire lives to prepare for a completely different set of rules and regulations that they were used to. This was Day 1, not Day 50.

I think it was the mad dash either after rope drop, or when they reopened after it was closed down. It takes a minute for the line to get to disperse through the queue, so theres a back up at the end of the queue.

People assume that CMs have been trained their entire lives to prepare for a completely different set of rules and regulations that they were used to. This was Day 1, not Day 50.
At least they all seem to be wearing masks 😷.

Supposedly it was right after the ride reopened after being down due to rain so there was a bit of a scramble to get into the queue

Hopefully Disney took notes and will implement something going forward to prevent that as I am sure the situation will arise again

Good news is they all seem to have had masks on and this does seem to be an outlier. Not a great thing, something that should be addressed and hopefully will

Not one picture of people not wearing masks today, or wearing them wrong.

Click bait pages are probably going to run around the park pulling masks off of people to get those pictures. If they’re going to follow the rules, we’re just going to have to force them to break them

I did see one picture, they took of someone far in the distance of not having their mask on. It was like they were actively looking, and found someone in that split second. I mean, I know when I've been to DS or Universal, I would pull my mask down for a split second just to get air if no one was around me

This, 100%.

I've seen a lot of people on other sites that I think are forgetting (ignoring?) that we're working under new rules and it's literally the first day those rules are being implemented in this exact context.

That photo was one moment in time, right after a popular ride came back up after the rain stopped. So many other photos and videos and streams from today indicate that the photo in question seemed to be the exception and not the norm today. I get the concern the photo causes, and I am not saying there are not valid concerns around going to the parks right now. I have very mixed feelings about the situation. I just also think the bigger picture (no pun intended) surrounding that 7DMT crowd is important, too.

Disney is working out bugs, and "mistakes" are going to be made as people basically relearn how to go to the parks. That being said, should we expect more of this kind of thing (both the crowding AND the commentary about it) to happen as capacity expands? Absolutely.

You should buy a portable transponder! They are great and you can use them in rental cars and we loan them to our kids when they drive down.

I tell people all the time just to buy a portable sun pass (I think it's $15 or $20? been a while since I had to buy one). Before I lived in Orlando, I'd bring it with me all the time if I had to rent a car to drive around Orlando

I did see one picture, they took of someone far in the distance of not having their mask on. It was like they were actively looking, and found someone in that split second. I mean, I know when I've been to DS or Universal, I would pull my mask down for a split second just to get air if no one was around me
Yeah, I got fuzz in my mask somehow at Disney Springs. It was pull it down for a second (no one was around me) to get the fuzz out or have a sneezing fit 🤧

This, 100%.

I've seen a lot of people on other sites that I think are forgetting (ignoring?) that we're working under new rules and it's literally the first day those rules are being implemented in this exact context.

That photo was one moment in time, right after a popular ride came back up after the rain stopped. So many other photos and videos and streams from today indicate that the photo in question seemed to be the exception and not the norm today. I get the concern the photo causes, and I am not saying there are not valid concerns around going to the parks right now. I have very mixed feelings about the situation. I just also think the bigger picture (no pun intended) surrounding that 7DMT crowd is important, too.

Disney is working out bugs, and "mistakes" are going to be made as people basically relearn how to go to the parks. That being said, should we expect more of this kind of thing (both the crowding AND the commentary about it) to happen as capacity expands? Absolutely.

Exactly, it's the very reason you do a preview. It's to identify where your weaknesses are and what needs to be emphasized.

I tell people all the time just to buy a portable sun pass (I think it's $15 or $20? been a while since I had to buy one). Before I lived in Orlando, I'd bring it with me all the time if I had to rent a car to drive around Orlando

It was $20 the last time we bought one. It has saved us lots of money over the years, especially after DH retired and DD started living in FL. We are usually there 2-3 times a year.

Maybe some people don't know that if you have a transponder, the toll is cheaper?

I would assume due to the family members and amount of people from the tri state area that have homes or know people in Florida

Not sure it’s the same way in AZ and TX in that regard. Not sure how many people from those states travel to florida multiple times a year

Good luck stopping people during the holiday season though
You assume wrongly. 100% political.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter