Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like we stopped caring about the CM previews today lol. I dont think I’ve seen any pictures. I’m guessing thats a good thing that the vultures havent found anything worthy of being able to garner clicks on social media.

Only thing ive seen is that Carpets of Aladdin overthrew Flight of Passage for most popular ride in all of WDW

Are they doing the pre-show part of FoP? If so I’d assume it’s one family at a time then as it’s such a small space. Curious because the pre show rooms turn that ride from a 5 minute ride to a 15 minute experience.

It’s cool that they’re opening bars/lounges at resorts, but you’re not allowed to go if you’re not staying there, correct? Or, for example, I can’t just go to Tambu Lounge or Capt Cook’s if I’m not staying at the Poly, right? You can’t make ADR’s for QS or lounges. :(

I made an ADR for Kona Cafe so that I can get into the resort, then hit up Tambu Lounge afterward.

Are they doing the pre-show part of FoP? If so I’d assume it’s one family at a time then as it’s such a small space. Curious because the pre show rooms turn that ride from a 5 minute ride to a 15 minute experience.

I havent seen anything regarding the preshows but those preshow rooms aren’t exactly set up for distancing, so I’d probably say they’re shut off

I saw a vlogger do FoP yesterday and they do not have the preshow running. Basically, you go through the line like you normally would but they're using the preshow rooms for the line extension and only letting a few groups in at a time to help maintain social distancing. They have markers on the floor.

I saw a blogger do FoP yesterday and they do not have the preshow running. Basically, you go through the line like you normally would but they're using the preshow rooms for the line extension and only letting a few groups in at a time to help maintain social distancing. They have markers on the floor.

And, uh... distance.

Now if they’d just tell us about POFQ and the other mystery resorts! Maybe they’ll get enough 2020 bookings to justify opening some of those... though I don’t know how I feel about there being so many people going that they *need* to open some of those. Ugh.

Also food & wine menus. 😂😂

I don;'t think they know yet. They are likely going to look at booking numbers and reservation numbers and decide when to open others resorts based on that information.

I don;'t think they know yet. They are likely going to look at booking numbers and reservation numbers and decide when to open others resorts based on that information.

Oh, yes, that I figured. It’s just the piece of the puzzle I need the most right now so I’m itching. 😂 And, like I said, I’m torn between “I hope enough bookings come in that they decide they need to reopen POFQ” and “they absolutely need to take on as few bookings as possible right now” :rotfl:

Oh, yes, that I figured. It’s just the piece of the puzzle I need the most right now so I’m itching. 😂 And, like I said, I’m torn between “I hope enough bookings come in that they decide they need to reopen POFQ” and “they absolutely need to take on as few bookings as possible right now” :rotfl:

Unfortunately I don't think we are going to hear anything on resorts that don't have a date for a while. Those are likely going to need FL numbers to Go down and disney increasing capacity at the parks and who knows what that timeline will be.

Got me thinking-there has to be a spin in all of this where they (WDW) can use it to eliminate the monorails forever.

I would hate that, but it wouldn't surprise me.
That seems like a big leap to me. But maybe I just don’t want it to happen.

I know someone was saying they had a hard time finding masks to fit their kids, @chicagoshannon maybe? If you’ve got elastic masks maybe these could be helpful? I’ve never seen these before, sorry if this is not news to anyone lol. Bbbrooke_ shared them on Instagram.

https://www.amazon.com/YaHoGa-Adjuster-Silicone-Toggles-Drawstring/dp/B088DKR9LT
Yes that was me, thanks. I actually went to Target after I posted that ad happened to walk past an endcap with kid size masks. I bought a couple of packs (one pink and one blue of course) and had the kids try them. They actually fit well! My son did declare they smelled funny but that's because they were wrapped in plastic. lol I'll probably buy a couple more packs next time I'm there.

New available resort to choose from tomorrow

The Port Orleans French Quarter Parking Lot.

For $250 a night you may use the parking lot at Port Orleans French Quarter to sleep in your car for the night. Nightly Parking fees not included. Must provide your own vehicle

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter