Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hard of hearing in one ear and these masks have been such a pain. "Can you repeat that?" "Can you speak up a little? No, don't yell" "Can you say that a little slower?" That's without dealing with people with unfamiliar accents.
i am finding the same thing at small park i work at. in a noisy area and they speak softly

Tomorrowland Terrace and Pete’s Silly Sideshow at the MK aren’t in the sun. Just info for anyone wanting it.

This is one area I’m shocked at how much worse Disney is doing than Universal. All of the relaxation stations at Disney are TINY. Universal has huge areas. I could pick a safer spot myself at Disney than most of the 3-4 table places right next to walkways they have at Disney. Tomorrowland Terrace is ok, they have opened up the other section since we were there I think to make it even better. Silly Pete’s is indoors and was empty when we went but still seems like a strange choice. At the other 3 parks though every relaxation zone I found looked horribly small and in the sun.

We did a weekend getaway to Kennedy space center on Friday and had a great time it was not very crowded. Mask compliance was very good. We did the extra 2 hour guided tour which I recommend for $20 and it includes a lunch (wrap or salad). They are also offering a ticket to come back next year since the bus tours are not running out to the launch facility. I’m a Floridian and had never been there, it was a nice educational trip with our kids. It’s a quick drive from Disney for those planning a trip to Orlando and I’m looking forward to going back next year.

We are planning on heading to KSC on one of our no-longer-needed water park days! I haven’t been there since i was a kid. Glad to hear it isn’t crowded and thanks for the tour suggestion. There are so many confusing options and experiences offered on their website that I can’t quite figure out what the must dos are.

So I made it in earlier this afternoon! We dropped our things off at Pop and headed to Disney Springs. On the bus back to the resort now. Here are some key points:

- MCO was weirdly not busy, it was honestly strange
- 30min wait for magical express shortly after 12pm
- No issue dropping bags with bell services and heading to Disney Springs
- Mask compliance at MCO was kind of a joke, it is way better on property. When we got to Disney Springs (early afternoon) almost everyone we saw had their full masks on properly. As it got later noses started to pop out here and there, but there was ample room to distance in walkways and almost all the stores.
- World of Disney is still busy. It feels normal in there. It didn't really bother me but if you are uncomfortable with people in close proximity that might not be a good place for you right now.
- 2020 dated merchandise is buy one get one free! That includes ears. Obviously, I bought some.
- 6 parties to a bus (on the one im on right now) and each party gets a numbered section. Plenty of room.
- Polite Pig is still delicious.
- An Icee at the top of the Coke rooftop is the ultimate mask break.

Time for the pool - Animal Kingdom tomorrow!!!

So I made it in earlier this afternoon! We dropped our things off at Pop and headed to Disney Springs. On the bus back to the resort now. Here are some key points:

- Mask compliance at MCO was kind of a joke, it is way better on property. When we got to Disney Springs (early afternoon) almost everyone we saw had their full masks on properly. As it got later noses started to pop out here and there, but there was ample room to distance in walkways and almost all the stores.
- World of Disney is still busy. It feels normal in there. It didn't really bother me but if you are uncomfortable with people in close proximity that might not be a good place for you right now.
- 2020 dated merchandise is buy one get one free! That includes ears. Obviously, I bought some.
- 6 parties to a bus (on the one im on right now) and each party gets a numbered section. Plenty of room.

What time was your room ready? I go to Pop in 3 weeks.

Also, does anyone have any predictions of wait times/crowds as we get into August?

I was worried about Epcot, but it's still heaven on Earth and my #1 happy place. I think it's absolutely perfect right now. I'm sad that it will never be like this again. But I have an hour or so left (I got here at 7) and a lot of food and drink to consume. I'd cry of happiness if I weren't smiling so much.

How have the pools been?

Have a great vacation! Enjoy your peasant party at Pop's Petals Pool bar too!:flower1:

I was worried about Epcot, but it's still heaven on Earth and my #1 happy place. I think it's absolutely perfect right now. I'm sad that it will never be like this again. But I have an hour or so left (I got here at 7) and a lot of food and drink to consume. I'd cry of happiness if I weren't smiling so much.
That sounds so wonderful! Glad you are having a great time!

I heard it was the same plastic cups that were the prizes back in the spring for the Flower & Garden festival. Apparently this first portion of the festival is mostly F&G merch leftovers and then F&W merch will come closer to when it normally would have happened.

Would anyone happen to have a photo of the prize? I can’t find one online.

Is memory maker worth it at the moment? Are there less photo pass photographers out?
I see the other reply but for us, our experience was that we saw more at magic kingdom than we have ever seen before and they were bored and spent a lot of time with us. At AK the photographer in the pandora area asked us if we were in a rush and we said no, he said “I’m going to do a whole photo shoot for you” (he was super bored too) and he took us alllll around and did some really cool shots. So maybe we just lucked out but I have tons and tons of photos that I never had before including lots of magic shots.
EDITED: bc autocorrect is terrible on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter