Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time was your room ready? I go to Pop in 3 weeks.

Also, does anyone have any predictions of wait times/crowds as we get into August?
My assigned room was ready when we arrived (130ish?) however I had to check in at the desk anyway so I requested a different location while I was up there. The rate I booked (military) does not allow me to go direct to room so I'm not sure if my initial room was ready earlier. New room request was not ready but since we were heading to Disney Springs anyway we were happy to wait. I got the text for the new room around 3pm.
How have the pools been?
Main pool was at capacity shortly before 8pm. We walked over to the bowling (quiet) pool and had no trouble getting in. I heard the 2nd quiet pool (computer) hasn't been open much this week.
Have a great vacation! Enjoy your peasant party at Pop's Petals Pool bar too!:flower1:
Thanks! Maybe tomorrow :)

Also as a side note I was able to activate all 3 of my armed forces salute tickets (including my husband's and he isn't here right now) & buy military photo pass at the Disney Springs ticket center. Guest Services they would have also been able to do it but sent me over there since it had no line and they had a wait. I know someone asked me to report back on that! It took maybe 4 minutes. Super easy.

Disney Springs was a way different experience for us compared to the parks. We felt way too close to others tonight and even though the whole “no eating and walking” measure was rolled out, we saw way too many non-compliant. At one point I asked my husband “since when does Basin sell food”.

Today I noticed at Hollywood studios and on the skyliner CMs had headsets (the kind performers wear with the little microphone next to your mouth) and it really helped project their voices through the mask it was great.
They had that at PVH yesterday too & it helped.

I see the other reply but for us, our experience was that we saw more at magic kingdom than we have ever seen before and they were bored and spent a lot of time with us. At AK the photographer in the pandora area asked us if we were in a rush and we said no, he said “I’m going to do a whole photo shoot for you” (he was super bored too) and he took us alllll around and did some really cool shots. So maybe we just lucked out but I have tons and tons of photos that I never had before including lots of magic shots.
EDITED: bc autocorrect is terrible on my phone.

Were masks on for all of them, or do they let you pop them off for a quick pic??

We’re at Disney now, spent the day at MK. Felt comfortable, saw very few mask violations. Only area that made me uncomfortable was Tomorrowland Speedway. They’re only loading/unloading on one side, but using both sides of that side. So on that 4ft wide path, you have people waiting for their car on the left and the right and people exiting their cars on both sides. People were all around you. Not sure why they aren’t using both roads so it could spread out a little.

Also, the Pete’s Sideshow relaxation area is amazing. It’s so cold in there. Which is great until you realize your damp sweaty clothes make you go from burning alive outside to freezing your butt off in about 10 minutes in there.

My assigned room was ready when we arrived (130ish?) however I had to check in at the desk anyway so I requested a different location while I was up there. The rate I booked (military) does not allow me to go direct to room so I'm not sure if my initial room was ready earlier. New room request was not ready but since we were heading to Disney Springs anyway we were happy to wait. I got the text for the new room around 3pm.

Main pool was at capacity shortly before 8pm. We walked over to the bowling (quiet) pool and had no trouble getting in. I heard the 2nd quiet pool (computer) hasn't been open much this week.

Thanks! Maybe tomorrow :)

Also as a side note I was able to activate all 3 of my armed forces salute tickets (including my husband's and he isn't here right now) & buy military photo pass at the Disney Springs ticket center. Guest Services they would have also been able to do it but sent me over there since it had no line and they had a wait. I know someone asked me to report back on that! It took maybe 4 minutes. Super easy.
Thank you! I was someone who asked :)
Have a wonderful time!!! :)

A previous poster mentioned Basin in regards to "masks down." My wife normally stocks up on bath bombs at Basin. She didn't buy any this time, because people handle them to smell them. She bought shampoo and conditioner bars, because those typically aren't handled by customers.

There are lots of "pinch points" inside Basin. When we were there, a family of six was blocking the checkout line. The four kids were picking up anything and everything.

Are we allowed to discuss this? Someone on the AP FB page is saying tomorrow is the last chance for the actors equity union and Disney to come to an agreement. She said the actors, singers, etc, were all set for rehearsals and last minute the Union backed out, saying they want masks and weekly testing for members.

She said, "Tomorrow is the last chance for the union to sign the MOU. The actors want them to sign it so they can move forward and each show can be negotiated for its best safety measures. For example: Turtle Talk, actors wear masks until in sound booth then each gets their own mic cover etc....seating is 50% with marked areas. Lion King...they can reblock actors for singing purposes, space 50% seating etc...instead of all shows and experiences being blanketed under just a strict all or nothing. If the union does not sign, Disney will not discuss again until new fiscal which is October. They have until Feb I believe and then all actors will be let go. Lose all retirement, seniority, benefits, everything. All venues and shows will be closed, repurposed, or tracked."

Is this accurate? And what does this mean for attractions like Turtle Talk, live acts, etc? As a guest, I'd certainly be fine with the actors/singers wearing masks. I've read that they're wearing masks at Universal and singers can still be heard.

Are we allowed to discuss this? Someone on the AP FB page is saying tomorrow is the last chance for the actors equity union and Disney to come to an agreement. She said the actors, singers, etc, were all set for rehearsals and last minute the Union backed out, saying they want masks and weekly testing for members.

She said, "Tomorrow is the last chance for the union to sign the MOU. The actors want them to sign it so they can move forward and each show can be negotiated for its best safety measures. For example: Turtle Talk, actors wear masks until in sound booth then each gets their own mic cover etc....seating is 50% with marked areas. Lion King...they can reblock actors for singing purposes, space 50% seating etc...instead of all shows and experiences being blanketed under just a strict all or nothing. If the union does not sign, Disney will not discuss again until new fiscal which is October. They have until Feb I believe and then all actors will be let go. Lose all retirement, seniority, benefits, everything. All venues and shows will be closed, repurposed, or tracked."

Is this accurate? And what does this mean for attractions like Turtle Talk, live acts, etc? As a guest, I'd certainly be fine with the actors/singers wearing masks. I've read that they're wearing masks at Universal and singers can still be heard.
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/ent...0200719-osclusbhrffi7pj442obdefclq-story.htmlKey sentence at the end: "If discussions between Disney and Actors’ Equity cannot resolve the grievance, an arbitrator will be called in."

Going to Disney is not selfish, and Florida does not need to shut down again. If Florida shuts down again, it will kill the tourism industry. I know some people think Disney can afford this, but I think at some point even the big companies will start to fold. The real risk is to the millions of Floridians that depend on the tourism industry to feed their families. I went to a little touristy town a couple of weeks ago. They’ve got about a dozen shops on their main street. One had already gone out of business and another was having a going out of business sale. The cost of another shut down would be devastating to people. Florida does not need to shut down again. We need visitors and residents to do what Disney is making them do—wear a mask and stay 6 feet away from others.

The tourism industry in FL is already in massive trouble, shut down or not.

Has it been brought up here that our old friend WDWPro (Mr. “secure circuit”) is now saying that Chapek is contemplating possibly divesting and selling Disney’s interest in HKDL and Shanghai Disneyland? He claims Disney would do a licensing agreement with these resorts (like TDR and the OLC) in leu of any direct ownership.

Furthermore, he’s claiming that some within Disney are (apparently only now?) starting to realize that this pandemic will be with us for the forseeable future (i.e. potentially into next summer) and that WDW remaining open through it all cannot be guaranteed. That continued depletion of revenue would be one of a number of reasons for divesting, he claims.

Seems like a very bold prediction.

Has it been brought up here that our old friend WDWPro (Mr. “secure circuit”) is now saying that Chapek is contemplating possibly divesting and selling Disney’s interest in HKDL and Shanghai Disneyland? He claims Disney would do a licensing agreement with these resorts (like TDR and the OLC) in leu of any direct ownership.

Furthermore, he’s claiming that some within Disney are (apparently only now?) starting to realize that this pandemic will be with us for the forseeable future (i.e. potentially into next summer) and that WDW remaining open through it all cannot be guaranteed. That continued depletion of revenue would be one of a number of reasons for divesting, he claims.

I mean, I take his words with large grains of salt, but those all seem pretty reasonable in terms of possibilities. I have heard that China owns the majority of the China parks anyway, and there is so much political uncertainty related to those parks being operational. I could definitely see changes with China parks.

In terms of Disney only now realizing this isn't going to go away soon, I don't buy it. They have so many medical professionals there's no way they didn't know. BUT, did they think Florida would look the way it does at this point? No, I don't think they did, and I think it's wrenched a lot of things up. I don't think they wanted to release more AP spots so soon, I don't think they wanted to release FL resident and AP room discounts, and I don't think they wanted to announce 30% merch for APs-at least for a while. The fact those all came within a week of official reopening does speak loudly IMO.

Hmm the licensing option allows for much simpler exit strategy for Disney if relations between the two countries get much worse as well.

I'm not sure I'd call that a bold prediction. More like a fair prediction.

I wonder what all this means for Disneyland? I suspect it won't be reopening this year now. Much of America is now in a far worse state than it was in March. Around 4 months completely wasted to go backwards.

Last edited:

I have 3 friends who are citizens of Hollywood, one who plays a green soldier at TSLand, one that is a historian for Frozen sing along and citizen of Main Street, one the is a monster in Monstropolis, one performer for FotLK and FNtM and a Kembe from Savi's workshop who also works at the Indiana Jones show and other things, and from them all only one is ok to keep waiting, the rest want to get back to work, they don't even want weekly testing they just want the ability to wear masks like Universal has been doing with their performers since day one. They spent the weekend sharing their concerns and fears and uncertainty, so good thoughts for a positive resolution for all parts

Are there any limitations on visiting resorts right now? Do you have to have an overnight stay or an ADR to get into the hotel to limit guests? My husband and I have talked about getting a Dole Whip at the Poly or riding the Skyliner just because, but I wasn’t sure if you have to have a reservation at one of those hotels in order to park there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter