Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mask + sunglasses = no need to wear make up (if that’s your thing) and nobody can see the faces you make at them

😂

Wearing masks has 3 EXTRA benefits...no, make that 4...
1. No need to wear make-up
2. Well, if I am not wearing make-up, why do my hair? Poneytail it is....
3. GREAT zit coverage. North star on your nose? No problem
4. Doing errands incognito......it's like no one knows who you are because everyday is Halloween. No feeling embarrassed at the check out for having half your cart filled with chips that were on sale!

Booking park days, even very last minute, has not been an issue for anyone but APs without an on-site stay.

Remember when the reservation system was coming online and people were worried about having to lock into their park days months to a year out? Lol.

edit: nvm misread

Booking park days, even very last minute, has not been an issue for anyone but APs without an on-site stay.

Remember when the reservation system was coming online and people were worried about having to lock into their park days months to a year out? Lol.

Demand is still demand no matter where it comes from. Just because a good chunk of people in the parks are APs doesn’t mean its an illusion. People are going down on vacation from out of state while Florida is a hotspot, and in the dead heat of the summer. It’s only going to get busier when the cases lower and when we get to the fall when its at least a little “cooler”. July and August has become a “slow” season for Disney over the past few years, add in the factors we’re living through and it makes sense why there is more demand from locals. But that doesn’t mean its going to stay that way

If anyone wants to listen, Pete & the DisUnplugged gang are live on YouTube now for the Tuesday show - first discussion up is Primeval Whirl/Rivers of Light and the potential reasons behind cutting them, plus what might we might potentially see moving forward (more cuts, food & merch price increases, etc.) for covid and non-covid reasons

Re: more cuts, I think CoP would be a candidate, but Journey should be the leader. I wish there was a list of operational cost per attraction.

Demand is still demand no matter where it comes from. Just because a good chunk of people in the parks are APs doesn’t mean its an illusion. People are going down on vacation from out of state while Florida is a hotspot, and in the dead heat of the summer. It’s only going to get busier when the cases lower and when we get to the fall when its at least a little “cooler”. July and August has become a “slow” season for Disney over the past few years, add in the factors we’re living through and it makes sense why there is more demand from locals. But that doesn’t mean its going to stay that way

I would argue demand to WDW pulls from different “buckets” if you will, and demand for their resorts seems to be lower than expected, given the wide open reservations as well as steep discounts enticing people to come during a time when they do want limited numbers.

I think there is a good argument for demand being less than they expected right now.

I would argue demand to WDW pulls from different “buckets” if you will, and demand for their resorts seems to be lower than expected, given the wide open reservations as well as steep discounts enticing people to come during a time when they do want limited numbers.

I think there is a good argument for demand being less than they expected right now.

Those discounts are geared towards locals though. If they were worried about the demand country wide then these deals would be for everyone. Just because all 4 parks aren’t hitting capacity doesn’t necessarily mean its a bad thing.

If they wanted to create artificial demand, they’d take away even more from the other 2 buckets at the non DHS parks to make it look like they’re hitting “capacity”.

I think non-local demand is lower than expected, but local demand is very high-as evidenced by the avail calendar.

Re: more cuts, I think CoP would be a candidate, but Journey should be the leader. I wish there was a list of operational cost per attraction.

While I would absolutely understand the reasoning behind it, I would be sad to see both of these cut. CoP because I like the show, and it's also a good place to sit and cool off for a consistent amount of time. Journey, eh, I love Figment but want to see this ride redone - and redone WELL. My "sadness" from it being cut would be that EPCOT would be losing one more attraction and in EPCOT's current state, I personally think that would be a bad move.

For anyone who missed the DisUnplugged live show and wants to watch it, here's a link.

They discussed Primeval Whirl/Rivers of Light, potential reasons behind those cuts, and what they think we might see moving forward; Disney Cruise Line, CDC, and the Bahamas; and Michael Colglazier.

They also discussed their thoughts/experiences on the safety procedures and enforcement in the parks AND at Disney Springs - it seems the team feels the same way a lot of other people do. The parks are being handled fairly well, but Springs is a mess, especially in the evenings. They said that at the very least they think there should be more CMs (Craig mentioned maybe security, too) present to monitor compliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter