Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably just having issues. Was at MK yesterday and took the monorail fine

Maybe, but they’ve been trying new things. Hopefully you’re right and it will be back because it created a bit of an unnecessary choke point and mask enforcement on the ferry wasn’t the greatest.

I won’t go on the monorail, but having the option helps with crowds.

Any tips on how you get a boarding group? I've never tried to get a boarding group before & am nervous about it since we haven't experienced ROTR.
We got one last week the first time we tried. I was on the main page of the MDE app and kept refreshing my phone during 9:59am, and then the boarding group assignment button popped up. We got group 12.

I'm glad it was relatively quick and easy as ROTR was a one and done for us. We're not huge Star Wars fans but we were curious what all the fuss was about.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if anyone has asked for recovery for the next day or the next DHS day they have reserved?

thinking recovery if they are not able to get a BG or recovery if they get a BG but it ultimately is never called?

Would be interesting as especially with how hard it can be to get a park reservation for DHS I'd be kind of annoyed if I still couldn't get a BG/didn't get on the ride

We got one last week the first time we tried. I was on the main page of the MDE app and kept refreshing my phone during 9:59am, and then the boarding group assignment button popped up. We got group 12.

I'm glad it was quick and easy for us as ROTR was a one and done for us. We're not huge Star Wars fans but we were curious what all the fuss was about.

One and done just b/c you didn't like it or b/c of the effort to get a BG? Definitely have heard from some people that feel, to them, it isn't worth the effort, but can't recall anyone just flat out not enjoying it at all, so just curious

I'm wondering if anyone has asked for recovery for the next day or the next DHS day they have reserved?
I’m sure people have asked but I doubt Disney will oblige, especially if the park is sold out in their bucket. Disney’s excuse will be the Park isn’t open for just that one ride, you were still able to participate in everything else, blah blah blah.

thinking recovery if they are not able to get a BG or recovery if they get a BG but it ultimately is never called?

Would be interesting as especially with how hard it can be to get a park reservation for DHS I'd be kind of annoyed if I still couldn't get a BG/didn't get on the ride
I was thinking for the ones that got a BG but were not called. Wondering if anyone has even tried to ask for one.

I’m sure people have asked but I doubt Disney will oblige, especially if the park is sold out in their bucket. Disney’s excuse will be the Park isn’t open for just that one ride, you were still able to participate in everything else, blah blah blah.
the thing is they were doing that before, for people that got a "guaranteed" BG but were never called people could ask for recovery for their next DHS day. Now I'm wondering if people show they have another DHS reservation if they would be given a recovery

One and done just b/c you didn't like it or b/c of the effort to get a BG? Definitely have heard from some people that feel, to them, it isn't worth the effort, but can't recall anyone just flat out not enjoying it at all, so just curious
We were a one and done as well. Too much effort for the BG and not really enough payoff on the ride. It was fun, but not something I see us going back for again and again. Been in SWGE twice now and can’t see us returning to that land for a while now. HS has always been our least favorite park and we usually avoid it anyway. Just too hectic, not enough to do as frequent guests, and the rides weren’t overly spectacular to us. Plus, I’m the SW nerd and DW could care less, so I’m not going to make her stand around for hours waiting for me to ride a ride she doesn’t care about.

the thing is they were doing that before, for people that got a "guaranteed" BG but were never called people could ask for recovery for their next DHS day. Now I'm wondering if people show they have another DHS reservation if they would be given a recovery
Oh interesting. I didn’t know they were doing that prior to closure. Then they should be keeping up with that practice I would think. But definitely harder with the buckets.

Since we're not that into Star Wars (don't hate it, just not that into it & have only seen about half of the movies), being immersed into a pretend Star Wars world had limited appeal. The part that was a ride was a little fun, but most of it was walking through & watching things. It was also very loud at points and I have a hard time with loud noise. But even if it were quieter & even if it were an easy walk-on, we'd have been one and done. It just isn't for us due to the content & theming not being interesting to us, and due to most of it not being an actual ride.

Last edited:
Welp, not a huge surprise but it really did seem UO was going to try to pull it off. Wonder when we'll start to hear about Christmas events. I would think WDW would have enough time to plan an updated event, A Taste of MVMCP if you will, but hearing that UO "...will be focusing exclusively on operating our theme parks for daytime guests" makes me think the focus will remain small everywhere for the forseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter