Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished 5 nights at BWV - did all 4 parks, ate at California Grill, Brown Derby, Trattoria. Now at Universal - Royal Pacific for 3 nights. did Universal this afternoon. Rather than a long list of my opinion on things, I will be glad to answer any questions. We are AP and DVC. I will say one thing - Universal needs to update its mask policy and enforce it. Within 15 minutes of entering the park, we saw more people eating with no mask on than we did in 5 days at Disney. Also had to tell someone to back up in line on our second ride - didn’t have to do that at Disney at all.

On my way to the Keys. Stopped by Disney Springs for the night to get something to eat and get some sleep. Was in DS from about 330 to about 7. No problems what so ever. Everyone was doing exactly what they were supposed to do. Couldn't have felt safer. Good job Disney. Hats off to the CM's.

If you are going to Hollywood Studios & driving, what time would you recommend being at the parking lot? I couldn't remember what time they opened the lot. Any info would be appreciated.

Any tips on how you get a boarding group? I've never tried to get a boarding group before & am nervous about it since we haven't experienced ROTR.
Couple of points to make:
-seconds count. Have someone, if possible, count down leading up to 10:00:00 from an accurate watch or phone. Start refreshing the VQ join page a couple of seconds right before 10 on the dot.
-know how you're going to select your party when it comes up as the next step. If all of your Friends and Family are there with you, it's easy, just Select All and Join and you'll have it done in 2-3 seconds. But if you've got 10 Family and Friends in your account, but only 3 of them are in your party that day, know you've got to select them individually. Conversely, if you've got 5 in your Friends and Family and 4 of you are there, the quickest thing is Select All and then select the one to uncheck that's not there. That was the setup we had last week and wound up with groups 13 and 17 on 2 days. Every second is probably worth 5-10 boarding groups.

One other HS tip. EVERYBODY right now is going to MMRR at rope drop. TSL was empty at the start. We went to SDD and they started the ride early. We were off by 9:58 (I know because we did our Boarding Group after getting off the ride). Were done with the whole land by 10:20. If you want to do everything, I think it's a lot easier to do TSL at the start and then come back in 2-3 hours to do MMRR where wait times seemed a more reasonable 30 minutes or so.

If you are going to Hollywood Studios & driving, what time would you recommend being at the parking lot? I couldn't remember what time they opened the lot. Any info would be appreciated.

I went to HS on Tuesday and Thursday of this week. They let you queue up in front of the parking plaza at 9:00 a.m. then they let you through the plaza at 9:15 a.m., both days for me.

I’ve been following this thread as best I can. It’s not easy though - it moves so fast!

I just wanted to comment since my son and his wife live in Wellington, NZ (6 years now): New Zealand has Covid-19 well under control so life has pretty much returned to normal there. States like Florida and Georgia (my state) are daily topics of conversation in NZ - and not in a good way. :sad2:
There were a ton of available tables on Monday and I didn't have any problem finding one each time I got food. The only time I saw someone use a trashcan was when they set up on the trashcan on the other side of the bench I was sitting on (Brazil booth, love that cheese bread). There were easily 3 empty tables across the walkway in the shade. The other people were a little too close for comfort, so I moved to one of the tables. When I turned around they were sitting where I had just left, so I think it was a ploy to get my bench (although there were also many benches open throughout the park).

Loving all these first hand reports. As a Canuck it's gonna be a looooong time before we're able to visit in any reasonable form. The wait times make me jealous! So glad we got our trip in January completed before this all went down. Our next visit wasn't going to be until late 2021/early 2022 anyway (littlest has to grow to 48 inches first haha) but still... wanna be there!

I'm just glad that it's been relatively easy to pick up a rolling 3rd day (other than DHS). We came down Sunday night with only Tues/Thurs/Sat booked. Got MK, AK, and DHS for Saturday when they dropped last Thursday. After our MK day, we picked up AK for Wednesday. After that, we changed (dropped and picked up) AK to EPCOT for Thursday and picked up MK again for Friday. I know it may not always be like this, but it made the trip feel more normal to not be restricted to ONLY 3 days.

The Monorail is not open this morning, so the only way to Magic Kingdom is by Ferryboat.

Edit: It looks like the resort loop is open, but they’re not stopping at TTC.
this is new, for previews and the first week the monorail opened same time as ferry. Did you notice buses from TTC to MK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter