Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left AK around 2 pm on Sunday and wanted to go to Disney Springs. We took a but to Animal Kingdom Lodge and then waited almost an hour for a Disney Springs bus to come. It was so frustrating. In hindsight, I should have taken a bus over to Saratoga Springs and walked to DS from there.
You can also take the Lynx Bus from Disney Transportation Center. The first stop is Disney Springs and it only cost $2. ($4.50 for an all day far, and they have cheaper week passes too)

You can also take the Lynx Bus from Disney Transportation Center. The first stop is Disney Springs and it only cost $2. ($4.50 for an all day far, and they have cheaper week passes too)

The TTC is pretty far from Animal Kingdom and hard to get to when you're staying on property (with the exception of monorail resorts).

Has Disney made any announcements about opening up more quick service locations in the parks? I’m not sure if they are closed because of Covid, not enough attendance to justify it, or something else. One of Our favorite quick service locations at AK is 8 Spoon Cafe and it’s not open. I’m hoping it will be when we go at the end of September.

Also, any word about getting any shows going anytime soon? I’m specifically looking at HS because there isn’t much to do there with little kids without the shows. It seems like they could do social distancing pretty easily for a lot of them. What’s the hold up for them?
I think I saw somewhere that there’s a new musical show at HS in the Beauty and the Beast theater.

My anxiety has been through the roof waiting to see if/when there are changes to operating hours. I'm just hoping so much if they do change something, what we have planned isn't affected.

Do we think announcements will come after today's call?

The cast member in our household came home two nights ago with a thank you card from a family he spoke with where he works. It was such a nice gesture and means a lot to cast members to know they’re appreciated. Most work at Disney not to get rich, as others have pointed out, but rather it’s their love of Disney. It’s a trade off most do willingly. On sort of the same theme I’d like to thank the moderators on this site. They have found a way to balance letting posters blow off a bit of steam and keep things mostly on topic while also adding valuable insight and rumors. The majority of posters here are civil and add a wealth of information to others.

current official parks schedules are out through the end of October, not saying they can't change anything prior to that, but that is the current situation, schedule wise
I'm guessing here, but I suspect someone said something similar in March.

So has no one heard or seen any more rumours???

For those who thought there would be changes after Labor day, when do we think those changes might be announced?

For those who thought there would be changes after Labor day, when do we think those changes might be announced?
I think there is a really good chance we will see major changes come to Universal after Labor Day. I doubt we see major changes come to WDW. There is an optics that Disney needs to project both to keep their stock price up short term and to make guests feel comfortable booking a trip to their resorts.

Last edited:

Well that sucks.

I was watching a Tracker youtube the other day- he was at Magic Kingdom.
Nothing is open! Almost every counter-service place is closed.

Is this due to staffing/money issues? Because otherwise I can't understand why they would need to be closed due to Covid. You would think if it was due solely to the virus, they'd want more places open so they can spread people out.

Latest I saw had Universal likely moving to 5 days a week in September and Disney considering doing the same with some parks. I don't think it's particularly likely that we will get a leak ahead of them notifying TAs or CMs/TMs.

ETA These are rumors to be clear.

Well that sucks.

I was watching a Tracker youtube the other day- he was at Magic Kingdom.
Nothing is open! Almost every counter-service place is closed.

Is this due to staffing/money issues? Because otherwise I can't understand why they would need to be closed due to Covid. You would think if it was due solely to the virus, they'd want more places open so they can spread people out.
It's like they're begging us to BYO food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter