• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said for years that Disney is losing money with me and my AP (shhh don't tell them, don't want them to come and take my AP away) :D
still would make sense to me for them to open availability maybe day before, even same day for AP and this way at least get a bit more money into the parks
You can if you buy a ticket. That's what they would like right now. They make more money from people buying a day pass over an AP holder.

Thanks! I totally get the concept of variable vs. fixed but was wondering how it would apply to the parks since I know so little about how that works. I assumed labor was fixed but see how that can fluctuate and became a variable instead.

Some labor like security would be fixed since you still need some of those but the CMs doing food and beverage and running the rides would all be variable. and we see how variable they are with the number of dining places not open yet.

I just thought of something. How are they going to handle busses at resorts that have an inner loop?

At CSR, Gran Destino is last pick up at resort before heading out to parks. People there can't possibly be made to wait for all the other stops to fill up busses with socially distanced groups! They'll never get a bus!

Would each stop in resort get own bus?

I just thought of something. How are they going to handle busses at resorts that have an inner loop?

At CSR, Gran Destino is last pick up at resort before heading out to parks. People there can't possibly be made to wait for all the other stops to fill up busses with socially distanced groups! They'll never get a bus!

I haven’t heard any reports from OKW or Saratoga about bus issues, but each of them have multiple stops. I’ll check the resort board.

Our family has 3 annual passes. I only got one email with our last name. If I request a partial refund, will it give me the partial refund for all 3 passes?

I really don't understand why they don't open more availability for ap. I was at epcot last night and it was so empty, it was real sad actually they turned down the music in areas or turned them off all together, and without the chatter of people it just seemed so dead. And there was no park availability for ap.

Yeah the first few weeks you could mostly get anything but DHS any day, and even that you could find after a few minutes of refreshing. Maybe it’s because this is the last week before schools start back. But the last 2 days we’ve been literally locked out. So we took our money to Universal. Such a hard life, I know.

Breaking even probably isn't where they're at. They say they are meeting positive contribution, but by less than they expected. They also have "head winds" ahead of them of quieter months of September and October with no Halloween parties, plus expected increasing covid cases in many areas.
We (out of state AP holders) just cancelled our September reservation (though it was “bumped up a tier”) because there really isn’t any incentive to stay on property. . We are staying at another property with much better pool hours (8am-11pm) and easier access to food. It’s sad, because I really would prefer to stay on-site but if we have Epcot (for example) and the pools don’t open until the park opens it just feels like a wasted day at much higher prices even with the “discounted” room.

We (out of state AP holders) just cancelled our September reservation (though it was “bumped up a tier”) because there really isn’t any incentive to stay on property. . We are staying at another property with much better pool hours (8am-11pm) and easier access to food. It’s sad, because I really would prefer to stay on-site but if we have Epcot (for example) and the pools don’t open until the park opens it just feels like a wasted day at much higher prices even with the “discounted” room.
What are the pool hours right now?

What are the pool hours right now?
11am to 9, I know Poly is supposed to have longer hours, but everything is changing so fast and we were told certain restaurants would be open and now they won’t so we just bailed and went to a universal resort and will Uber to the parks on a few days....it’s just sad.
Edit: bc autocorrect is my enemy

Stayed at OKW last week. For park opening the busses come fast and furious. From an hour before til about a half hour after park opening you’ll see a lot of busses for the parks. After that it’s much more scattered however once the initial rush dies out we never were on a bus with more than a handful of people and that included going to all 5 stops.

Stayed at OKW last week. For park opening the busses come fast and furious. From an hour before til about a half hour after park opening you’ll see a lot of busses for the parks. After that it’s much more scattered however once the initial rush dies out we never were on a bus with more than a handful of people and that included going to all 5 stops.

Thank you so much! Doesn't sound too bad. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter