Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The River Country site has been a hotel plot for a long time. I would not be surprised for them to revisit it down the line.

The other site reporting new permit filed for "general construction" on the site.

So thats interesting.

What possibilities would go there if no hotel and DVC?

The other site reporting new permit filed for "general construction" on the site.

So thats interesting.

What possibilities would go there if no hotel and DVC?
I wouldn’t read too much into it. I believe they were still going to do some base infrastructure for any sort of future development.

Argh. I was hoping there was at least photographic evidence of them working on it.

I would say I can't believe they'd get rid of people mover, but I would believe anything at this point!

this is based on nothing, but I wonder if the Tron construction impacts things - and would they want to change the path of the People Mover at all because of it?

True but I think part of the problem with that location is the location size. It’s small and even with mobile order people would congregate in that area making the walkway a mess.

Also true. Just was curious if there has been any rumors about it reopening.

this is based on nothing, but I wonder if the Tron construction impacts things - and would they want to change the path of the People Mover at all because of it?

I would think they would have known already? Or maybe yeah, it would be dangerous to have the people mover go past construction, so they are "delaying" until safe?

(I have no idea if people mover comes anywhere near the construction...)

Has anyone discussed the Savi's workshop experience post covid? I watched the little video Disney put out - I see the kid putting together a light saber - and I know it will be reduced capacity but is the show part done too? Is it basically just putting it together and then that's it?

Has anyone discussed the Savi's workshop experience post covid? I watched the little video Disney put out - I see the kid putting together a light saber - and I know it will be reduced capacity but is the show part done too? Is it basically just putting it together and then that's it?

They're starting to bring back the Equity Workers in small capacity. I think it's fair to guess that the ones for Savis will be back and working, but we'll find out for sure once it opens.

I thought I read somewhere that it was just going to be the "helpers" working with you to put together the lightsaber.

Any thoughts on when annual passes will be available again? When I called Disney the guy guessed it will be when park hopping comes back. I would much rather knowingly accept no park hopping right now and apply the money I spent on 2 days of tickets last week than have to buy more day tickets. My assumption is when the annual passholder bucket has more availability.
APs and dining plan both need capacity to be lifted most of the way before they return. Right now they are selling out enough of the availability buckets and filling dining capacity so it's not time yet.

I would think they would have known already? Or maybe yeah, it would be dangerous to have the people mover go past construction, so they are "delaying" until safe?

(I have no idea if people mover comes anywhere near the construction...)

here is one photo that shows Tron and the People Mover in the background.

My big question is how people will get to Tron - some sort of elevated walkway I think would be needed to get over the train tracks, and then how does the People Mover impact that ... and (much smaller thing) but just sightlines from that central area near the stage, looking at Tron would be completely broken up by the People Mover track

Disneyland Paris is reducing the opening hours of the Studios during the week, only 5 hours! 11:00 - 16:00
At the moment there are 8 rides, 1 show and 3 distanced meet & greets. The rest of the park is closed for reconstruction for the Paris Expansion.
Iv seen several people on twitter suggesting they really should just close WDS for now to allow construction to proceed easier.

I kinda agree with them. Although the way covid is surging in France its getting more likely the entire DLP will end up reclosing at some point in the future again.

On the new hours, the big shocker for me is Village is now only open from 5pm to 10pm I believe? Imagine if Downtown disney or Disney Springs went to 5pm to 10pm only!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter