Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking at the ticket buckets for Thanksgiving week. Thanksgiving Day is the only day available for all parks that week (weekdays) for both Theme Park Ticket Guests and Resort Guests. Doesn't that seem kind of odd?

I was just looking at the ticket buckets for Thanksgiving week. Thanksgiving Day is the only day available for all parks that week (weekdays) for both Theme Park Ticket Guests and Resort Guests. Doesn't that seem kind of odd?
Odd in what sense? I don't think it's odd that Thanksgiving Day has availability.

I would have thought it would be sold out. I feel like a lot of people go to the parks on holidays, so I'm wondering if there was some sort of increased capacity.
Hmmm...it could be increased capacity. But just to say from an anecdotal standpoint, we've been the last three years at Thanksgiving and actual Thanksgiving day is the quietest day that week (though it's still busy, obviously) in our experience. But who knows? I'm a little afraid of increased capacity without longer operating hours. I'm keeping hope alive that they'll extend operating hours that week.

I have a question re: park reservations.
We had reservations for Nov 27 at EPCOT. I'm trying to change them to DHS, so I cancelled the EPCOT reservations. The WDPRD calendar shows availability for every park on Nov 27 for pass holders (we're platinum AP), but no availability for DHS for resort guests. Every time I select DHS, it says, "there are no more Disney Park Pass selections available for the selected date and park." Does our resort stay somehow supersede our APs?

We had reservations for Nov 27 at EPCOT. I'm trying to change them to DHS, so I cancelled the EPCOT reservations. The WDPRD calendar shows availability for every park on Nov 27 for pass holders (we're platinum AP), but no availability for DHS for resort guests. Every time I select DHS, it says, "there are no more Disney Park Pass selections available for the selected date and park." Does our resort stay somehow supersede our APs?
I think it does. You may have to call to have them use your AP for that reservation.

Yes, it does. This is one of a few cases where having a resort reservation actually works against you.

Coronado is supposed to open October 14 after the NBA leaves and I'm hoping that it does. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Disney actually opens the resorts that are scheduled to reopen.
I'm interested too. I'm supposed to check in to GDT on Nov 2. Hope I don't have to move!

ETA: I would like the Lebron suite, please and thank you. :P

Last edited:
I was also pleasantly surprised by Chef Mickey’s. We went their for our first Disney meal a few years ago and haven’t been back since because the food was just ok. It was fresh and very good served family style. I kind of hope it stays that way, although I felt bad wasting so much food.

I hope CSR/GDT opens.

People are already having trouble finding rooms there in the Spring...also, they then would only have one moderate open.

Kind of crappy to have one moderate, one value (if AoA doesn't open) and then the rest Deluxes....

I agree they will probably need to open another value, especially at busy holiday times like Christmas. I barely count AoA as a value because only the one building of LM rooms are “value priced”

I would think even with covid and limited travel, the Christmas season would still be relatively busy.
However I’m traveling the week between Christmas and New Years, and Pop still has availability for my dates. I’m actually booked at AS Movies, and I’m hoping Pop fills up for my dates before Disney gets around to moving me. I’d love something different!

Maybe Aulani can open soon after?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...-quarantine-if-they-test-negative/3477627001/
Hawaii Gov. David Ige said Wednesday that starting Oct. 15, travelers arriving from out of state may bypass a 14-day quarantine requirement if they test negative for COVID-19.

Travelers will have to take the test within 72 hours before their flight arrives in the islands. Ige said drugstore operator CVS and health care provider Kaiser Permanente will conduct the tests as part of an agreement with the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter