Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is.... I wonder with so many schools going remote if parents are taking their kids to WDW for "remote learning",
Possibly, but you'd also think those kids would be in front of a computer until 2 pm or so and not in the parks every day driving up wait times in the AM. Friends of ours that are choosing eLearning are specifically doing so to travel so not crazy to think WDW is a popular destination.

Wooo Hooo!! I’ll be heading there this afternoon to the one at sawgrass mall. I need my Disney fix!!
I am sad to report that the character warehouse in SoFL at sawgrass is still not open.😢 they had a ton of Christmas Mickey head backpacks that will be back in season by the time they reopen at this rate, which weren’t when they closed in March. 😬

I don't know the rules on links but Tokyo Disneyland just announced character meet and greets coming back! Hopefully someone who knows more than me shares the link but I'd be interested in seeing you all dissect this one!

I don't know the rules on links but Tokyo Disneyland just announced character meet and greets coming back! Hopefully someone who knows more than me shares the link but I'd be interested in seeing you all dissect this one!
Not really much to dissect. Tokyo has much lower numbers than the US and that park is also not owned by Disney. This does not signal character meet and greets will be coming anytime soon to WDW. But it is nice to see them returning in Tokyo!

Not really much to dissect. Tokyo has much lower numbers than the US and that park is also not owned by Disney. This does not signal character meet and greets will be coming anytime soon to WDW. But it is nice to see them returning in Tokyo!
Agreed in the fact it probably doesn’t signal any quick return of M&Gs here in the US parks. My question is how much control does TWDC have over such decisions it TDL as it pertains to such decisions that affect the overall image of safety? When DLP is a shell of open with their hours, and WDW is slowly trickling back to life, is OLC in total control in Japan?

Yes a lot of exciting things coming to Tokyo in the next month. I'm pumped to see it in 3rd person anyway!

Agreed in the fact it probably doesn’t signal any quick return of M&Gs here in the US parks. My question is how much control does TWDC have over such decisions it TDL as it pertains to such decisions that affect the overall image of safety? When DLP is a shell of open with their hours, and WDW is slowly trickling back to life, is OLC in total control in Japan?
I wondered the same thing. Does Disney truly have ZERO say in the covid response over there?

So looking at the annuncement they are going to be using an "entry reservation" system in the app
Also it looks like the characters coming back are all costumed characters. Doesn't look like any face characters at this time (which shouldn't be a surprise)

Nothing on how close they will let you get, masks requirements, or any other details on what it would look like. I'd assume that there will be a no-touching policy initially but that isn;t stated one way or another.

So looking at the annuncement they are going to be using an "entry reservation" system in the app
Also it looks like the characters coming back are all costumed characters. Doesn't look like any face characters at this time (which shouldn't be a surprise)

Nothing on how close they will let you get, masks requirements, or any other details on what it would look like. I'd assume that there will be a no-touching policy initially but that isn;t stated one way or another.
hmm I totally missed that part. I KNOW IT'S NOT COMING BACK FOR SOMETIME, but, I would be totally ok with reserving or something similar to fast passing each meet and greet. and totally understand it just being costumed characters. You never realize how much you wanna hug mickey until you can't, even at 30!

I'm sure there is a quality control aspect to the license TWDC grants to OLC, but it's my understanding that OLC basically controls everything about the operations of Tokyo Disney Resort.

Regarding the character meets, I'm surprised WDW has not gone the way of DLP and done structured long-distance selfies. At least, I am certainly not aware of that option at the Florida parks...

It is.... I wonder with so many schools going remote if parents are taking their kids to WDW for "remote learning",

especially if you already are getting Wed - Fri off that week, just go down the weekend before and do a couple of days remote and then you are free

I'm sure there is a quality control aspect to the license TWDC grants to OLC, but it's my understanding that OLC basically controls everything about the operations of Tokyo Disney Resort.

Regarding the character meets, I'm surprised WDW has not gone the way of DLP and done structured long-distance selfies. At least, I am certainly not aware of that option at the Florida parks...
I haven't seen what DLP has done, but you can get socially distanced pics with Jack Sparrow, stitch, joy and winnie the pooh...I think buzz is also at the Tomorrowland stage. There is no times guide as to when they're out, but we did these ones in late July.
IMG_20200727_134021613_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200729_164326928_HDR.jpg

especially if you already are getting Wed - Fri off that week, just go down the weekend before and do a couple of days remote and then you are free
Exactly what we’re doing with our in person kids. Basically telling the school that they missed so much actual education last year that two days before a holiday won’t hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter