Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know why they even need executives at this point, a handful of DISers could give the same results. ;)

Seriously though DLR is going to be really interesting to watch and see all the out of the box ways they go about doing things before they can open. Still mad they aren’t turning it into a traveling carnival but we can’t have everything I guess.

and I would even do it WITH the 20% cut in pay that they had to do earlier this year ;)

SWO is opening the Ice Bar next to wild artic this weekend, they're filming promo shots today, it's a nice space, close to the entrance/ exit of sesame street. Gonna try and get some pics tonight, also the ice skating show is a go and scenery is being installed already at bayside stadium

You were in the exact same parks as I was on our whole 3-day trip! And rode ROTR an hour before us! We had to beat it out of there at 2:45 for a 5pm flight after waiting an hour for Mickey and Minnie (our longest wait of the day).
How funny! Hope you had a great trip!

Do you happen to remember if DHS was the only park with all of its buckets filled this week?
I checked availability for APs the morning of the 20th and all three days were still green, so I do not think DHS filled any of the days, unless it did so day-of. That's kind of alarming as I think on it.

But I'm wondering....is this as bad as it gets from now through the holidays? I mean, it's not ideal. But is this the same capacity DHS will be at for Thanksgiving week and Christmas break?
I kind of suspect this may be close. At least in terms of "feel." Of all the parks, I feel the crowds most in DHS under normal conditions.

I am not looking forward to the "crowds" at DHS when I go (though I would suspect (and hope) that less people are simply going to be going in January (no matter what max capacity is) than in Oct/Nov/Dec.
I agree - I'm expecting to see a drop in Jan, too. Maybe even in early Dec.

The social distancing requirements in other places just means people will be "milling about" in walkways when they normally would be in lines, restaurants or shops.
The milling about was what was really noticeable to me at DHS. Just bunches of people not really doing anything but taking up space... in places that can't really handle having space taken up, if that makes sense.

Apologize in advance if this has been discussed already ...

Today I received a push notification that the Memory Maker photos from our weeklong trip in February in were loaded back onto our MDE. They had expired in March. They’re trying to lure me back! Or they want us to purchase photo gifts ...

I’m actually somewhat surprised they did this, since going through the photos is a reminder of how normal things were not too long ago. Tons of character meet & greet photos, no masks, etc.

No way would I pay those prices for pictures in masks. Especially when there’s so many other places you can get married where masks aren’t required.

My SO and I want to elope at Philadelphia City Hall (gorgeous building) but won’t until masks aren’t required inside the building. We can get pictures outside on Broad St. without masks But not during the ceremony or inside the building. So it’s either wait or pick a new venue. We are fine waiting.

Last edited:
Uhm...You may now air hug the bride? I don’t think so. Who wants masked wedding photos for thousands of dollars?

I know a handful of people who actually did get married in a mask due to mandates in their area(and had most guests over zoom). Gotta do what you gotta do! They were not on the entire ceremony if I remember right. Some people don’t want to postpone, potentially for years, and are making the best of it. If nothing else, those are gonna be some priceless photos later on.

I mean, if people are paying big bucks to go to Disney right now in masks and with modifications, why not the weddings too? Probably lets people get away with paying for less guests lol.

No way would I pay those prices for pictures in masks. Especially when there’s so many other places you can get married where masks aren’t required.

Well, it would certainly be unique!

I actually don't mind having memories of this. No it's not fun, but it is the first time something like this has happened to most of us and it will be a big moment in history.

We've actually been taking a lot of pictures of us out in masks, long lines of people socially distancing, now the cold weather igloos for dining! We have a fun picture of us and a few family members having a bbq in our backyard, all wearing masks!

Will definitely be getting memory maker even if we need masks next May! :D

I actually don't mind having memories of this. No it's not fun, but it is the first time something like this has happened to most of us and it will be a big moment in history.

We've actually been taking a lot of pictures of us out in masks, long lines of people socially distancing, now the cold weather igloos for dining!

Yes, exactly! Making the best of this garbage.

When my kids are grown, I bet I know which first day of school pictures are going to be pulled out most often to show their kids. At least I hope their kids are blown away at the idea we all wore masks everywhere...😳

We've actually been taking a lot of pictures of us out in masks, long lines of people socially distancing, now the cold weather igloos for dining!

Will definitely be getting memory maker even if we need masks next May! :D

We’re doing the same. I like having the pictures and a story to tell in the future. But I draw the line at an expensive Disney wedding. Lol.

I’ve seen weddings and quinceaneras and sweet 16s done in my area without masks. They take a few with masks to mark the occasion but they arent required the whole time.

I actually follow someone who had a lavish Orlando wedding last week. It was stunning. I’m sure pricier than a Disney wedding. No masks in sight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter