Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night i was at MK, arrived around 6pm and the flag was up, we left at 9pm and the flag was not there

I take pause and look around too, trust me, I’ve been more than a dozen times over the last couple of years and I definitely don’t have to ride rides. BUT those projections change every few minutes or so, and there are only 4 of them, there is zero reason to just stand around in the hub and watch them. I will take time to admire, maybe get an evening snack (Christmas treat!) and find a spot nearby to distance and enjoy the projections while I eat, but there is no chance I’m going to run from what I’m doing to go cram myself in right in front of the castle. Projections don’t require that you stand right in front, so I’ll do my own thing and let all those people who feel they need to do that smush up there together. Also, the cavalcades come through several times a day, I had no problem in August seeing them as I went about my day in any park, so there is no need to cram in on Main Street for that either unless you just happen to be there when they come by. I know some people are actively waiting around for them, and that’s fine for them, but even though I’m a stop and smell the roses person I feel it’s a waste of time. If anyone is so inclined to wait for them though while taking a break the relaxation station at Tomorrowland terrace is the perfect spot to have a snack/breather and watch the world go by on the hub.

That’s great if you feel it’s a waste of time. That’s great if you think there’s zero reason for you to do it. Maybe the reason is because the people WANT to. The beauty of WDW is that different things are important to different people. I’d wait in a 2 hour long line for Carousel of Progress if I had to. That probably doesn’t make sense to many people. Just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it doesn’t make sense to someone else.

Some people have never seen the castle. Frequent guests sometimes become jaded and forget how Cinderella castle is stop you dead in your tracks jaw dropping for so many first timers. It’s still that way to me, and I’ve been going regularly since I was a baby.

I’m just not really in the business of judging people for spending their time how they want to at a theme park. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
There’s glut that was being cut pre covid, nothing near the level of popularity that was COH

Is COH the folks on the street that do skits etc at DHS?

Is that really popular? Been going for 20 years and never stopped to watch for more than a minute or 2.

Last edited:
Is COH the folks on the street that do skits etc at DHS?

Is that really popular? Been going for 20 years and never stopped to watch for more than a minute or 2.
Like everything at Disney, there were things that appealed to different people. CoH was very popular, and had a lot of the same performers for many, many years so people enjoyed getting to see the same faces trip after trip. So I completely understand it’s significance and popularity. But we too, like you, never stopped to watch them. But they were definitely a very popular entertainment offering.

We all have this idea in our minds that Corporations are evil, and Corporations are just one person (in this case Chapek).

I think you misunderstand our collective position. We don't believe corporations are evil, or that Disney is only Chapek.

We simply believe that Chapek is the personification of pure, unadulterated evil, in its vilest form.

Also, as someone who knows what the inside of a corporate boardroom looks like, don't ever discount the almost-complete power of a CEO in the decisions that are made across a company. That's why I always said Iger was complicit in, if not at the forefront of any and all cuts in the parks.

That’s great if you feel it’s a waste of time. That’s great if you think there’s zero reason for you to do it. Maybe the reason is because the people WANT to. The beauty of WDW is that different things are important to different people. I’d wait in a 2 hour long line for Carousel of Progress if I had to. That probably doesn’t make sense to many people. Just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it doesn’t make sense to someone else.

Some people have never seen the castle. Frequent guests sometimes become jaded and forget how Cinderella castle is stop you dead in your tracks jaw dropping for so many first timers. It’s still that way to me, and I’ve been going regularly since I was a baby.

I’m just not really in the business of judging people for spending their time how they want to at a theme park. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I wasn't judging anyone, I just said I wouldn't do it. I wasn't being mean, I was just explaining why I won't. Please, no need to get like this with me, it is not warranted, I wasn't trying to be mean at all to anyone or judge. Geez, way to make me not come in this community. Thanks.

edit to add: I explained what I would do to watch them INSTEAD OF CROWDING IN THE HUB WHICH MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE RIGHT NOW. Not everyone is judging other people, explaining what I would do isn't judging anyone. Good grief, it's been a good day and now this, everything doesn't have to be negative in here. God.

Anyone know if you can order vegetarian versions of certain meals (eg. Pecos Bill fajita platter) at this time? I don't see how to select that on mobile order, so can we go in and order, or are quick service restaurants ONLY accepting mobile order? We are Disneyland vets, and I'm trying to find the best vegetarian quick service options....but coming up short. Might just have to cheat and eat chicken nuggets.

I wasn't judging anyone, I just said I wouldn't do it. I wasn't being mean, I was just explaining why I won't. Please, no need to get like this with me, it is not warranted, I wasn't trying to be mean at all to anyone or judge. Geez, way to make me not come in this community. Thanks.

edit to add: I explained what I would do to watch them INSTEAD OF CROWDING IN THE HUB WHICH MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE RIGHT NOW. Not everyone is judging other people, explaining what I would do isn't judging anyone. Good grief, it's been a good day and now this, everything doesn't have to be negative in here. God.

I think in your original post if you've had said "... I can take it or leave it" instead of "... I feel it’s a waste of time" your meaning would have been less inclined to be misinterpreted. I agree with what you said, but did wince when I saw that.

You specifically said in your posts that there is zero reason to do it and that it’s a waste of time. It wasn’t just that you wouldn’t do it. Perhaps I misinterpreted but I went back and it seemed pretty clear.

My goodness. This wasn’t some attack on you. Just was trying to help you understand the other side instead of just only looking at it from your own lens. The posts seemed pretty negative ragging on people standing around watching the projections.

And by the way, I totally get being uncomfortable with it. No need for the caps and shouting. I’m not even comfortable going to a theme park at all due to guests and distancing issues. That is totally understandable.

Definitely didn’t intend to rain on your good day with my post. I enjoy the discussions here.

Last edited:
Anyone know if you can order vegetarian versions of certain meals (eg. Pecos Bill fajita platter) at this time? I don't see how to select that on mobile order, so can we go in and order, or are quick service restaurants ONLY accepting mobile order? We are Disneyland vets, and I'm trying to find the best vegetarian quick service options....but coming up short. Might just have to cheat and eat chicken nuggets.
I have been able to order in restaurant at Roaring Fork and Gasparilla. It seems most places are trying to be accommodating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter