Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You specifically said in your posts that there is zero reason to do it and that it’s a waste of time. It wasn’t just that you wouldn’t do it. Perhaps I misinterpreted but I went back and it seemed pretty clear.

My goodness. This wasn’t some attack on you. Just trying to help you understand the other side instead of just only seeing it from your own lens. The first post seemed pretty negative ragging on people standing around watching the projections.

And by the way, I totally get being uncomfortable with it. No need for the caps and shouting. I’m not even comfortable going to a theme park at all due to guests and distancing issues. That is totally understandable.

Definitely didn’t intend to rain on your good day with my post. I enjoy the discussions here.
There is zero reason to squish in to the hub, and I stand by that, because you can see the castle from many places in the area without all having to crowd in there. Grab a snack and sit at a table outside the plaza find bench, everyone doesn't have to stand in the same area to watch it, THAT is what I was saying. I completely understand I'm fortunate to go often, but I also know that there are other ways to view the castle than just crowding there. Pair it with a snack break and a sit, which is why I tried to clarify in my second post ways that I would enjoy it without crowding which isn't safe for anyone. I will personally try to see it while passing from one area of the park to another, having a snack, taking a break in the relaxation station there. Many options, many ways to do it wihout putting people at risk or wasting park time (since some aren't going when they've graciously extended the evening hours like on my trips). I know I have friends going next week who only have one day in each park and already feel they won't get it all done, she's already told her husband they are not just standing there to look at the projections because she loves the coasters at night. I mean, if someone wants to stand in a crowd in front of the castle for an hour watching them they can go ahead and I'll enjoy fewer people in lines.

Anyone know if you can order vegetarian versions of certain meals (eg. Pecos Bill fajita platter) at this time? I don't see how to select that on mobile order, so can we go in and order, or are quick service restaurants ONLY accepting mobile order? We are Disneyland vets, and I'm trying to find the best vegetarian quick service options....but coming up short. Might just have to cheat and eat chicken nuggets.
You are able to order at the counter in all restaurants they are just pushing mobile order as much as possible, just explain to the cm at the entrance of the restaurant

At the moment, they are operating at a reduced capacity. I wonder how much they have to bring back to keep guests coming and rebooking future trips? If they don’t bring back 80% of their entertainment offering will that keep people from coming back? How little do they have to offer until it starts to have an effect on them negatively?

I am in Europe, so I am not in the parks all that much but when we go it is for a week long trip at least. If the park, doesn’t bring back most of what they offered before the pandemic, I can’t imagine I would want to travel all the way there. Maybe, like 2-3 days as an add on with a cruise but if I am looking for a park with rides then Disney wouldn’t be my first pick.

At CCV now. We were really hoping the tree would be up but it’s not. Bonus though we got one of the reconfigured corner studios. So nice to have that space. Joined walk up list at Grand Floridian cafe last night. It took a few tries but we got in finally. Dinner was excellent. Their fried chicken is amazing every time. I have to say I love the walk up list feature and hope that stays. We saw the castle from the boat during the day and at night. Daytime.... I hope the castle looks better up close. My daughter “why did they make it sleeping beauty’s castle?”. Nighttime.... projections look amazing from afar. Absolutely beautiful from outside the gate with the lights on the train station, the projections on the castle, Main Street decor and the tree. Wow! I love the castle dream lights and was disappointed they weren’t going up but now I don’t know which I like more. Have to see it up close I guess. Had the new large pumpkin pie cake pop. Not a fan but it was pretty. Anyone know if the regular cake pops are back anywhere?

You are able to order at the counter in all restaurants they are just pushing mobile order as much as possible, just explain to the cm at the entrance of the restaurant
Yes, but they are quite pushy on doing it on line. When we asked to order they kept telling us to do on line, I had to pull out my old flip phone to show I could not order on line before they would take a counter order-LOL. This was in Star Wars land counter service area.

Well just back from 7 days in the park. The 2 grand kids had a ball. It was sad as the 3 year old was so into the characters and of course there are no meet and greets. Ate at the Garden Grill in Epcot and he was over the top when the characters would walk by, even was singing to them. As a veteran of Disney the trip was ok, so many experiences were missing (like Finding Nemo play and Festival of Lion King in AK). If I was a first timer planning a trip and sending big bucks for a Disney Vacation, I would recommend NOT going until things are more back to normal. The Mask thing got a little annoying at about the 6th day, the constant hen pecking every time you would try to slip it down to get some fresh air. We all were very compliant so it did not set well, but I am not going to dwell on it as the majority on this thread believe it is a good thing.

Last edited:
I was a big fan of the Great Movie Ride, and was hoping they would update it a little bit. So I was not pleased with the decision to change to MMTR. Well, this ride is exactly what you want in a Disney Ride, it is just plain fun. It instantly became my wife's favorite ride. As for the Rise of the Resistance, I would argue this is not a ride at all, but an experience. All future rides will have a tough time measuring up to the enjoyment, my wife and daughter are not even Star Wars fans but thoroughly enjoyed it. It was the 9 year olds favorite. By the way, I enjoyed the fact there were no Fast Passes as all the lines moved quite steadily. Most of the time the posted wait times were over stated, a couple by as much as 20 Min. I can only remember once when a wait time was longer and that was posted because just before we were to board, they stopped to do the Covid cleaning- again this was over a 7 day period.

We just rode BTMRR and Splash. Line for BTMRR was back to the entrance for Tom Sawyer Island, listed as a 45 min wait. Actual was 10 to boarding.
Currently line is almost all the way across the bridge on the Pecos side.

Splash was supposedly 55, actual 13 to boarding.

Attachments

• 3567529F-E836-40F4-9D38-719659ABFA0D.jpeg
    3567529F-E836-40F4-9D38-719659ABFA0D.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 89B64050-0A23-48FC-B228-9C28B66BCC3A.jpeg
    89B64050-0A23-48FC-B228-9C28B66BCC3A.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 24
Yes, but they are quite pushy on doing it on line. When we asked to order they kept telling us to do on line, I had to pull out my old flip phone to show I could not order on line before they would take a counter order-LOL. This was in Star Wars land counter service area.
That's exactly what i posted, they push MO but that doesn't mean counter order is not available

Well just back from 7 days in the park. The 2 grand kids had a ball. It was sad as the 3 year old was so into the characters and of course there are no meet and greets. Ate at the Garden Grill in Epcot and he was over the top when the characters would walk by, even was singing to them. As a veteran of Disney the trip was ok, so many experiences were missing (like Finding Nemo play and Festival of Lion King in AK). If I was a first timer planning a trip and sending big bucks for a Disney Vacation, I would recommend NOT going until things are more back to normal. The Mask thing got a little annoying at about the 6th day, the constant hen pecking every time you would try to slip it down to get some fresh air. We all were very compliant so it did not set well, but I am not going to dwell on it as the majority on this thread believe it is a good thing.
Team Hen Peck

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter