Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno guys, for years your run of the mill Disney guest often had no idea about some of the most basic park and touring aspects. I don’t have to explain how some guests don’t even know the difference between Uni and Disney parks, or how to operate Fastpass. I have a hard time believing the typical guest is researching to the level of knowing what QS are open, what shows are operating, etc. I think if people are staying away it’s largely cost and Covid related issues.

Exactly. We are not an accurate representation of Disney guests. I have a friend going in February and I warned her about half the experience being closed. She never replied to me. Hope she knows what she’s doing!

I dunno guys, for years your run of the mill Disney guest often had no idea about some of the most basic park and touring aspects. I don’t have to explain how some guests don’t even know the difference between Uni and Disney parks, or how to operate Fastpass. I have a hard time believing the typical guest is researching to the level of knowing what QS are open, what shows are operating, etc. I think if people are staying away it’s largely cost and Covid related issues.
Oh, I agree that Covid related issues are the drivers now, but I'll bet anyone who ever even thought about WDW expects fireworks, character meets, and shows. They may not know exactly what shows, and they definitely don't know what the missing restaurants served or what's missing from the menus of those that are open, but they will know that there are plenty of things closed up right now, and it's not a good look. Heck, I think they still show fireworks on some of the ads, and people are surprised that they aren't there, lol!

I'm not saying everyone will come back at once.

I'm just saying when most people are (hopefully) vaccinated, mask use easing...more people will start booking. I just don't think I'm wrong about that.

Count us in as well when that becomes the case. Masks are not the main reason for us. Hard to justify a watered down product at the normal price point.

They routinely open and close reservations. Things are moved around and what not. It doesn’t mean capacity has increased.

DFB said they had increased capacity by 10% and DFB new video just released says Disney raised capacity to 35% now.

if you're coming to Epcot for the holiday season, now through the end of the Taste of EPCOT Festival of the Holidays, Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a 10% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages at select Holiday Kitchens. This discount is valid each evening from 7 p.m. through park close. Electronic payments only

Probably true -- us here have a lot of details the general public don't have.

My sister in-law's family went in early November and not a complaint from them about what was "missing" .. all positives on what they were doing.

Sure ..we here definitely see the reduced value (for the cost) .. but for regular guests, besides maybe wearing masks, they won't even notice the differences.

So .. yes .. I suspect that people are staying away until it is "safe" (from the virus). If Disney lifted all restrictions today, not like people would flock there in droves over the next few months.

But .. Disney lifting their restrictions would be a good signal to the rest of the country (and world) that we (as a whole) are trying to move on past this virus. So I am looking forward to when they do.

if you're coming to Epcot for the holiday season, now through the end of the Taste of EPCOT Festival of the Holidays, Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a 10% discount on food and non-alcoholic beverages at select Holiday Kitchens. This discount is valid each evening from 7 p.m. through park close. Electronic payments only
nice. Not sure I"ll be able to use it as we normally do the booths for lunch but it's nice they're doing something. :)

Still shocks me that Disneyland/DCA isn't able to be open as a theme park (and will probably be closed for at least a full year), but can be open to shop/eat. *shrug* ..

I think it is that how could they stop them while letting other eating and shopping locations open in the State - but yeah, is odd when looking at this specific situation

Do we know which booths?

Still shocks me that Disneyland/DCA isn't able to be open as a theme park (and will probably be closed for at least a full year), but can be open to shop/eat. *shrug* ..

Lot less tourists and people in general are going to make the trip for this version of “open” than if they could actually open the parks. And like @TheMaxRebo said, how could they stop them?

Probably true -- us here have a lot of details the general public don't have.

My sister in-law's family went in early November and not a complaint from them about what was "missing" .. all positives on what they were doing.

Sure ..we here definitely see the reduced value (for the cost) .. but for regular guests, besides maybe wearing masks, they won't even notice the differences.

So .. yes .. I suspect that people are staying away until it is "safe" (from the virus). If Disney lifted all restrictions today, not like people would flock there in droves over the next few months.

But .. Disney lifting their restrictions would be a good signal to the rest of the country (and world) that we (as a whole) are trying to move on past this virus. So I am looking forward to when they do.

This is obviously anecdotal and just one example, but a family I know went on their first trip in late October - they asked me for advice given the covid situation. They were pretty aware of the limited offerings and I knew they had been saving for years so I gently suggested maybe waiting a bit for a first trip if they could. They had a non refundable DVC rental, so they decided they would still do this trip and then try to save again and go back in a few years. They went on the trip and were not impressed - they said they will probably not save to go back after all.

I think there is a pretty big spectrum of what first timers and casual guests think of the experience right now. For the first timers I know, it made them be one and done with no interest in returning.

I heard that WDW will probably stop enforcing mask wearing when outside but I'm not sure when this is meant to start.

Summer 2021, lol?

For real, I can’t see them pulling back on that and signaling that things are getting less serious at a time where many places are spiking again. There is hope for the future as far as the virus goes, but nothing has changed yet.

And from an operations standpoint, this just makes more work and possible choke points when going from out to in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter