Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spent an ENTIRE day in EPCOT from open til 9PM without seeing a single character. No cavalcades, no Mary or Alice in England. I even walked super slowly by Garden Grill trying to get a glimpse of the mouse, but no dice. We weren’t by Figment during daylight, so I don’t know if Joy or Pooh were there. I really find that unacceptable. EPCOT’s just a bar with a few rides now - if you’re willing to wait an hour for them.

We had reservations for DHS today. I cancelled last night because our flight gets in too late. Glad we won't be there.
Isn’t DHS at capacity almost every day? and the last couple hours of the day are the best by far...

We were there in July, and again in November, and we absolutely noticed an increase in the amount of Spanish we heard spoken around us when we were there last month. Enough so that we commented to each other that there must be a lot more travelers coming from central and south America now.
🤣 Being from CA I just assume you can’t judge the make up of park guest nationalities by english v. spanish.

Yes! I don’t think they even have cavalcade running at EPCOT today. We stayed in World Showcase all day and never saw a single character. Very frustrated by the “social distancing” in the American Gardens theatre. So many seats and so few people able to sit!
You’d know if they were running. they ran so often on my mid-Nov trip they were annoying me by late afternoon lol

i’m glad the DtD restaurants got a run of dining in when they could.

And not gonna lie I’m laughing that Disney waited so long to open their stuff up they’ve ordered everything now in time to donate it...

Am I the only one who found the PtN music annoying? 😬 Give me Spectro any day over that.
yes

I adored the PTN music- WAIT. YES! PTN MUSIC SUUUUCKS!!! Leave that stupid parade at dumb little Disneyland.

I find them both annoying 😬
...so you’re telling us you have no soul?

I just spent an ENTIRE day in EPCOT from open til 9PM without seeing a single character. No cavalcades, no Mary or Alice in England. I even walked super slowly by Garden Grill trying to get a glimpse of the mouse, but no dice. We weren’t by Figment during daylight, so I don’t know if Joy or Pooh were there. I really find that unacceptable. EPCOT’s just a bar with a few rides now - if you’re willing to wait an hour for them.

Maybe no cavalcades because of reaching capacity? Problems with social distancing.

That would be a problem with the upcoming holiday crowds. This won’t be the last time they reach capacity over the next couple of weeks. If they cancel the calavades, there are going to be many very angry guests.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones as I did see a calvacade yesterday at Epcot. I was waiting for the American Theater to open for the first set of shows when the Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto calvacade appeared. There was a marked increase in the congestion of the World Showcase walkways between 12 and 1:15 so maybe that was the only calvacade of the day.

We were there yesterday and it was very uncomfortable. We were here in July and walking on rides. Yesterday, they had us waiting in the fantasmic area to get on HToT and Rockin'. You needed a reservation to mobile order for woody's lunchbox, and at 12:30, the next available time to order food was 2:00. We then headed to ronto roasters to eat, and on our way there, smugglers run ride line started where toy story and starwars land met. Slinky dog was lined up to animators court yard, and midway mania was in the incredibles area. Most waits posted 60 minutes, with slinky dog and mnmrr at 90 minutes for parts of the day. We did not get a boarding pass for rotr at 7:00 and at 2:00 the ride was down. They didnt start the first boarding groups until 3:30!
Every store had line to get in, and Ogas cantina told us we had a 45 minute time limit. Everyone was compliant with masks, but it was a sight to be had!

Last edited:
Maybe no cavalcades because of reaching capacity? Problems with social distancing.
Interesting thought. We were there the day after Thanksgiving and kept waiting and waiting but never saw a cavalcade. I wondered if it might be due to the crowds or perhaps a scheduling thing with the musical performances in the amphitheater? But even in between performances, no cavalcades came by. This was mid-day.

We were there yesterday and it was very uncomfortable. We were here in July and walking on rides. Yesterday, they had us waiting in the fantasmic area to get on HToT and Rockin'. You needed a reservation to mobile order for woody's lunchbox, and at 12:30, the next available time to order food was 2:00. We then headed to ronto roasters to eat, and on our way there, smugglers run ride line started where toy story and starwars land met. Slinky dog was lined up to animators court yard, and midway mania was in the incredibles area. Most waits posted 60 minutes, with slinky dog and mnmrr at 90 minutes for parts of the day. We did not get a boarding pass for rotr at 7:00 and at 2:00 the ride was down. They didnt start the first boarding groups until 3:30!
Every store had line to get in, and Ogas cantina told us we had a 45 minute time limit. Everyone was compliant with masks, but it was a sight to be had!
Just a heads up, Oga’s Cantina has always had a 45 minute time limit since they opened. Even when they were at 100% capacity. It’s just too popular to allow people to loiter for longer than that. But especially during the reduced capacity times, they are strictly adhering to that. But it’s not a new thing.

Pretty much sums up my trip in the beginning of November. They are just letting too many people in. From the reports yesterday that seems to be hitting epcot now as well.

I have to say, this is what I keep seeing echoed online - they're letting too many in now and a lot of people are saying it no longer feels safe. When it first opened in the summer, I hardly ever saw an "unsafe" comment. Everyone raved about the great job they were doing. Now the majority of comments I see are the opposite - how crowded it is, lack of enforcement on social distancing, the calvacades are drawing too big of a crowd etc...

I have to say, this is what I keep seeing echoed online - they're letting too many in now and a lot of people are saying it no longer feels safe. When it first opened in the summer, I hardly ever saw an "unsafe" comment. Everyone raved about the great job they were doing. Now the majority of comments I see are the opposite - how crowded it is, lack of enforcement on social distancing, the calvacades are drawing too big of a crowd etc...
When the parks opened they never hit total capacity, now, during ther holiday season they have been hitting capacity which is why it's busier. It's definitely busier, no doubt, I haven't felt unsafe as a total experience until I went yesterday to DS, even the people watching the stream were telling me to just leave. In fact it was so busy that my phone struggled to pick up good data, that's only happened to me during NYE at Epcot.
As far as the parks there have been some choking points but overall ive still have found ways to social distance, queues will obviously be longer this time of year

I’d expect the post holiday rush will bring attendance down.

Hopefully WDW is watching and realize they need to add stuff for people to do besides the attractions.

If we are still in a 35% capacity limit this time next year, I’d expect some shows back at the very least.

Hopefully WDW is watching and realize they need to add stuff for people to do besides the attractions.

If we are still in a 35% capacity limit this time next year, I’d expect some shows back at the very least.

Im not sure they can back track on shows without losing face abiut playing the safety card.

I also think reopening fast pass line would help as well!

Pretty much sums up my trip in the beginning of November. They are just letting too many people in. From the reports yesterday that seems to be hitting epcot now as well.
Soaring for example, we were there on Thursday... And the line to ride was socially distanced, but when we exited the attraction, the hallway was shoulder to shoulder. They let all the "screens" out at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter