Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soaring for example, we were there on Thursday... And the line to ride was socially distanced, but when we exited the attraction, the hallway was shoulder to shoulder. They let all the "screens" out at the same time. I chose to go, and I know the risks, but I felt bad for the elderly couple next to us who just stood there to let the mass of people go around them.

I have to say, this is what I keep seeing echoed online - they're letting too many in now and a lot of people are saying it no longer feels safe. When it first opened in the summer, I hardly ever saw an "unsafe" comment. Everyone raved about the great job they were doing. Now the majority of comments I see are the opposite - how crowded it is, lack of enforcement on social distancing, the calvacades are drawing too big of a crowd etc...
I’ve been seeing the parks are full, annoyingly so compared to what people hoped for, but only a few claiming “unsafe”. and pics/complaints of choke points do not prove evidence of unsafe.

I also think reopening fast pass line would help as well!
it won’t. i used to think so but some nice folks here explained what FP actually does and now I understand. Basically FP makes lines longer. FP increases some guests satisfaction by assuring some guests get fast access to some rides. The cost is guests waiting in the lines of those rides have to be held in line while FP people are let through. This makes lines longer. Longer lines is something Disney absolutely does not need.

Soaring for example, we were there on Thursday... And the line to ride was socially distanced, but when we exited the attraction, the hallway was shoulder to shoulder. They let all the "screens" out at the same time.

were you within six feet of the same stranger for more than 15 minutes without a mask while exiting, if not CDC would consider it safe.

Interesting thought. We were there the day after Thanksgiving and kept waiting and waiting but never saw a cavalcade. I wondered if it might be due to the crowds or perhaps a scheduling thing with the musical performances in the amphitheater? But even in between performances, no cavalcades came by. This was mid-day.
We never saw any that day either. We thought maybe we were just unlucky but maybe they just weren't running them since the park was at capacity.

That would be a problem with the upcoming holiday crowds. This won’t be the last time they reach capacity over the next couple of weeks. If they cancel the calavades, there are going to be many very angry guests.

Well, sounds like guests are angry because it's too crowded and they don't feel safe too.

Something's got to give... perhaps the walkways through World Showcase were just too crowded at times for Disney to be sure they could be done in a socially distant way.

But I thought I read somebody saw a cavalcade yesterday anyways.

Well, sounds like guests are angry because it's too crowded and they don't feel safe too.

Something's got to give... perhaps the walkways through World Showcase were just too crowded at times for Disney to be sure they could be done in a socially distant way.

But I thought I read somebody saw a cavalcade yesterday anyways.
I saw the calvacade yesterday but it was before 12:30pm and most of the crowd hadn't made it to the World Showcase by then.

Interesting thought. We were there the day after Thanksgiving and kept waiting and waiting but never saw a cavalcade. I wondered if it might be due to the crowds or perhaps a scheduling thing with the musical performances in the amphitheater? But even in between performances, no cavalcades came by. This was mid-day.

That is weird, I'm sure I posted this right after it went by that the day on this thread, looking back on the 27th. Page 3235.

But Santa, not characters.

Not to state the obvious, but if you believed people like myself who posted online months ago (and took it at face value) that it felt very safe and comfortable, then I’m not sure why all of a sudden you’d be skeptical of reports from others online saying that that wasn’t the case this weekend.

Not to state the obvious, but if you believed people like myself who posted online months ago (and took it at face value) that it felt very safe and comfortable, then I’m not sure why all of a sudden you’d be skeptical of reports from others online saying that that wasn’t the case this weekend.
This is so true. Unfortunately there are some people in this country that only believe is true what they want to believe.

We definitely believe you, I think the concern right now is the attendance is probably at full capacity. Not sure if the parks were at 35% in early November.

I remember when picking my travel dates around the Orlando informer meetup waaaaaay back in May (thinking that things would definitely be back to normal by December XD), that this weekend and the weeks around it were almost completely sold out at Disney and Universal resorts. I thought that was kinda weird, so I picked different dates. This was before all the hotel closures, so even with every Disney hotel open, there was like...two rooms available. It was very odd. Even DVC pickings were slim!

Is there some other Holiday this weekend that I don't know about? :P

This is so true. Unfortunately there are some people in this country that only believe is true what they want to believe.

I believe every person has their own perception of what feels/seems safe. And they are reporting how it felt for them.

Those of us not there have nothing else to go on, so earlier when everyone was saying how safe it felt, I believed them.
Now more people are saying it feels less safe and I believe them too.

I will actually have no real truth until I experience it for myself! 😀

I think we need to stop taking pictures at face value. That DHS picture yesterday made it look Hollywood Blvd was 10 ft long with the angle they took the picture, so of course a crowd of people would look like it was congested.

It was only a matter of time before capacity was raised, and they weren’t going to do it unless they were sure they could handle it. More people in the parks = more money for Disney which hopefully results in the entertainment we’re angry that was taken away, will return. They can’t operate a profiting theme park industry with it looking and feeling like an exclusive experience.

I believe every person has their own perception of what feels/seems safe. And they are reporting how it felt for them.

Those of us not there have nothing else to go on, so earlier when everyone was saying how safe it felt, I believed them.
Now more people are saying it feels less safe and I believe them too.

I will actually have no real truth until I experience it for myself! 😀

I was thinking this and also that there are different experiences being had now as well. I see reports form different people from the same park the same day and one says they had crazy long lines everywhere and the another, from maybe just a different hour of the day, etc, said lines were short and no waits more than 20 mins - things fluctuate and are not constant

I think it is clear there are more people there now than there were several months ago and there is likely less social distancing now than in the past and certainly some people who may have felt safe before may be more likely to encounter sitautions that would make them feel less safe - but that is differen than "OMG the parks are a disaster and 100% unsafe!"

I think we need to stop taking pictures at face value. That DHS picture yesterday made it look Hollywood Blvd was 10 ft long with the angle they took the picture, so of course a crowd of people would look like it was congested.

It was only a matter of time before capacity was raised, and they weren’t going to do it unless they were sure they could handle it. More people in the parks = more money for Disney which hopefully results in the entertainment we’re angry that was taken away, will return. They can’t operate a profiting theme park industry with it looking and feeling like an exclusive experience.
I agree they can't operate and make a profit with low capacity. I disagree that raising capacity right now is a good idea. I think 35% is the max they can be safely at right now.

I agree they can't operate and make a profit with low capacity. I disagree that raising capacity right now is a good idea. I think 35% is the max they can be safely at right now.

How can you disagree that raising the capacity to 35% is a good idea, but also say that they can operate safely at 35%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter