Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping crowds are low for the first week of Feb, but with Super Bowl in Tampa, not sure how many people that will draw to the parks the week before.
I don't think the Super Bowl would draw that many more people this year. It's looking like they'll only have about 15k people in the stands.

Yes but they aren’t filling it to capacity.

It would be a PR nightmare for the NFL if they tried to do even 50% capacity for the super bowl. I expect the NFL to go out of their way to show that they are putting all necessary (and likely even some non-necessary) precautions in place. They are not going to want to see any negative covid articles about the super bowl on that monday. Being an event so many watch they are going to want to put out a good image.

Not too unlike disney. Disney knows they will be under a microscope more then others so they are going out of their way to do everything they can.

I honestly don’t think the NFL cares about this type of PR. Not to mention, how many people are still talking about players literally having covid and playing in the final game of the World Series, celebrating on the field afterwards. The negativity from that lasted 2-3 days. I’m not saying the NFL should/will allow 50% of fans in for the super bowl, but I don’t think they’d be worried about the PR since it wouldn’t last long

Even what happened in Alabama on Monday night isnt even being talked about anymore. While it wasn’t in the stadium, it was still worse than what you’d see inside of the stadium if it were 50%

Last edited:
They haven't made that decision yet, Florida, has no capacity limit on outdoor sporting events talks in October mentioned 25% but that has since changed
I would be stunned if they filled it. They’ll have fans no doubt but this will not be your typical packed super bowl by any stretch of the imagination Florida or not. Florida is not the one calling the shots on this event.

So glad Gideons will be open when we arrive at the end of the month. Now if they could just get that Epcot monorail open..... (or maybe it's better if they don't because my son WILL puke in there will all those window blocking opaque dividers.)

If the NFL didn’t allow the Eagles to purposefully tank in week 17, my Giants would have already eliminated the possibility of the Bucs having a home game for the Super Bowl
Just wanted to say this lifelong Washington football fan was joking about being angry to your comment. 😉

The NFL is going to do whatever they can to fit as many people in that game. It is the freaking super bowl, it is such a cash grab for them.

Hoping crowds are low for the first week of Feb, but with Super Bowl in Tampa, not sure how many people that will draw to the parks the week before.
I was there over super bowl weekend last year, with the super bowl in Miami, and didn't notice any change. I did make a point to not go to MK the next day, but otherwise it was like nothing was going on at all. I'll be there over presidents day weekend, which normally draws a crowd these last few years, and with the amount of rooms still available, and dining, I don't think that'll be busy either this year. Christmas and Thanksgiving also weren't crazy so I highly doubt the super bowl is going to do anything to crowds.

The NFL is going to do whatever they can to fit as many people in that game. It is the freaking super bowl, it is such a cash grab for them.
It’s not tickets to the game that makes the $$$, it’s the TV and ads. They only care about holding the game—they don’t need fans physically there, they just need them watching on a TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter