Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure Tampa would love that revenue right now. Heck all of Florida, including Disney if it brings people to make a second stop. Hotels, restaurants, bars, ubers, rental cars.

I love Nola and I feel so bad for the people who rely on tourism. It’s heart breaking.

This is why it burns me up when people travel shame

I used to check out the galaxy's edge subreddit, but I no longer will be going there, as it became one big circle jerk of hate for traveling to WDW in one of their threads. The mods even got in on it too.

If WDW had zero visitors in the last 11 months, it wouldn't be surprise me if we no longer had a theme park to go to after the pandemic

I used to check out the galaxy's edge subreddit, but I no longer will be going there, as it became one big circle jerk of hate for traveling to WDW in one of their threads. The mods even got in on it too.

If WDW had zero visitors in the last 11 months, it wouldn't be surprise me if we no longer had a theme park to go to after the pandemic
WE ARE IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC. We are advised to not travel. It sucks for tourism right now but that's life. Right now getting people vaccinated is more important then some vacation.

Apple would have finally bought out Disney. You think the magic is gone now, if a company like Apple were running things any nostalgia would be wiped from the company

I don’t think Super Bowl in Tampa will affect crowds at all with the presumed limited capacity. Even if it was full capacity I don’t think it would impact too much.

When the Pro Bowl was right in Orlando, crowds did increase a bit.

I will say that Super Bowl Sunday is a great day to visit the parks. We did Hollywood Studios last year and crowds were incredibly light for a Sunday.

I was there over super bowl weekend last year, with the super bowl in Miami, and didn't notice any change. I did make a point to not go to MK the next day, but otherwise it was like nothing was going on at all. I'll be there over presidents day weekend, which normally draws a crowd these last few years, and with the amount of rooms still available, and dining, I don't think that'll be busy either this year. Christmas and Thanksgiving also weren't crazy so I highly doubt the super bowl is going to do anything to crowds.

We went to MK in the afternoon on the day after Super Bowl last year. It was the only time we could get a Harmony Barber Shop appointment for my nephew’s first haircut. People crowded Main Street for the little parade/celebration but it didn’t seem to impact the park crowd feel overall.

People are traveling. It is what it is. Shaming them is pointless.

The people who are fair game to travel shame are those who travel with symptoms, travel when they’ve been exposed and should be quarantining, etc. We know those people exist and put other responsible people at risk.

While flying & theme parks are not safe for our family right now (high risk kid), if people take the proper precautions and follow mask rules, distancing, etc. I don’t think there’s anything to judge about at this point.

I think Reddit just has a lot of people who follow subs they don't like purely to shame and downvote. Just yesterday I made a comment on a Disney sub about the new monorail partitions which seemed rather innocent, but because I said, "I think Disney is doing the right thing," it was downvoted. I'm definitely in the cautious camp, but at least here, nearly everyone has at least some positive connection to Disney.

You have to figure to us it's a vacation but to the people at the destination it's a job, or their livelihood.
I understand that. I guess why my outlook on traveling and parks being open is due to the message we get here in Canada. From day one they have harped on us for staying home, avoiding non essential travel and that parks wouldn't open as they encourage travel. It's why I'm numb to all of everything going now.

Perhaps I am fooling myself but I consider the way I do pandemic Disney pretty safe. I drive, I wear a KN95, and I don't eat inside anywhere but my hotel room. This whole pandemic besides my one trip to Disney (another in a week) I stay at home and do not see anyone outside my household, and work 100% virtually. I quarantine from the rest of my household when I get home and I get tested twice in those 14 days. I definitely see a lot of people who don't care about covid going to Disney, but I'm sure there are plenty others like me.

Last edited:
The people who are fair game to travel shame are those who travel with symptoms, travel when they’ve been exposed and should be quarantining, etc. We know those people exist and put other responsible people at risk.

While flying & theme parks are not safe for our family right now (high risk kid), if people take the proper precautions and follow mask rules, distancing, etc. I don’t think there’s anything to judge about at this point.

I'd also add people that are traveling and fully intending to not follow the rulse (mask wearing, social distancing, etc.) or at least not fully heeding them/pushing the boundaries

I understand that. I guess why my outlook on traveling and parks being open is due to the message we get here in Canada. From day one they have harped on us for staying home, avoiding non essential travel and that parks wouldn't open as they encourage travel. It's why I'm numb to all of everything going now.

Yeah, as a fellow Canadian it’s wild to hear our provincial government as well as all the local conversations where people were “shamed” for illegally gathering with anyone outside their household at Christmas side by side with the conversations on places like this about travel. It is a big deal right now that they’re allowing NHL play and travel, lots of people are angry.

Different mindsets for sure.

Perhaps I am fooling myself but I consider the way I do pandemic Disney pretty safe. I drive, I wear a KN95, and I don't eat inside anywhere but my hotel room. I stay at home and do not see anyone outside my household, and worm 100% virtually. I quarantine from the rest of my household when I get home and I get tested twice in those 14 days. I definitely see a lot of people who don't care about covid going to Disney, but I'm sure there are plenty others like me.

seems like you are being about as safe as you can. Just no way for really anything (beyond literally not leaving your house ever) to be 100% safe

I think going to something like Disney and following all the rules is certainly safer than a lot of activities that are going on elsewhere (house parties with not masks/rule following, etc.)

If Disney was the next town over from us I am sure we would have gone by now, but to travel that far from home, and worry about testing positive while out and then quarantining when we get home/kids missing some in person school due to that, etc. - just isn't worth it for us right now... but it is more the travel/distance/Florida/etc factor that Disney itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter